Speech I'd love to hear Bush deliver

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Joan, May 21, 2004.

1. Joan

Joan Mommy Dearest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Received this via email:

My fellow Americans..... As you all know, the defeat of Iraq's regime has been completed.

Since congress does not want to spend any more money on this war, our mission in Iraq is complete.

This morning I gave the order for a complete removal of all American forces from Iraq. This action will be complete within 30 days. It is now time to begin the reckoning. Before me, I have two lists. One list contains the names of countries which have stood by our side during the Iraq conflict. This list is short.

The United Kingdom, Spain, Bulgaria, Australia, Norway and Poland are some of the countries listed there.

The other list contains everyone not on the first list. Most of the world's nations are on that list. My press secretary will be distributing copies of both lists later this evening.

Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid to those nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The money saved during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs of the Iraqi war.

The American people are no longer going to pour money into third world hell-holes and watch those government leaders grow fat on corruption. Need help with a famine? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France.

In the future, together with Congress, I will work to cut taxes and solve some local problems. On that note, a word to terrorist organizations. Screw with us and we will hunt you down and eliminate you and all your friends from the face of the earth.

Thirsting for a gutsy country to terrorize? Try France, or maybe China.

To Israel and the Palestinian Authority. You, boys. work out a peace deal now. Just note that Camp David is closed. Maybe all of you can go to Russia for negotiations. They have some great palaces there, big tables, too.

I'm ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with France, Germany, and Russia. Thanks for all your help, comrades. We are retiring from NATO as well. Bon chance, mes amis.

I have instructed the Mayor of New York City to begin towing the many UN diplomatic vehicles located in Manhattan with more than two unpaid tickets to sites where those vehicles will be stripped, shredded and crushed. I don't care about whatever treaty pertains to this. Pay your tickets tomorrow or watch your precious Benzes, Beamers, and limos be turned over to some of the finest chop shops in the world. I love New York.

A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2. Since we are going to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to try not pissing us off for a change.

Mexico is also on List 2. President Fox and his entire corrupt government really need an attitude adjustment. I have a couple extra tank and infantry divisions sitting around. Guess where I'm gonna put 'em? Yep, border security. So start doing something with your oil.

Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the NAFTA treaty—starting now.

It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and its own citizens. Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them by saying 'darn tootin'.

Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life around the world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about everyone on the planet. It is time to cut taxes here because we will not be spending boodles of cash on other peoples problems.

To the nations on List 1, a final thought. Thanks guys. We owe you.

To the nations on List 2, a final thought. Drop dead. God bless America.

Thank you and good night.

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Nicely done but will it play in Peoria ?

3. Blair

Blair Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    This entire thread started from a post that suffered from the fallacy of presuming the conclusion.

Bush was wrong to start this war the way he did. People who should have been our allies were driven away by the fear of being saddled with culpability for his lies, and the lies and atrocities that would (and did) surely follow.

4. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    No, those who were supposed to be our allies were driven by bribes and contracts with Saddam.

Can you cite, specifically, the lies that Bush supposedly told?

5. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Well put - I might suggest the speech writer expand on the U.N. to include "All countries will remove themselves from the building as America will be retaking the land and use it to establish and anti-terrorism training base for its elite forces" - or something to that effect.

:hail:
    :thewave:

6. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,127
    COPY CAT.

7. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Who?

8. Blair

Blair Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    1. Bush claimed Saddam supported al Quaeda. Al Quaeda and Saddam were enemies, not friends, and Atta was thrown out uncermoniously when he requested a meeting with Saddam.

2. Bush claimed that he possessed evidence that Saddam possessed WMD. In particular:
    a. That Saddam had tried to purchase Yellow Cake uranium ore from Nigeria. This was known publicly to be false before Bush even brought it up.
    b. That Saddam possessed aluminum tubes intended for use in purifying nuclear material. This also was known publicly to be false before Bush even brought it up.
    c. That Saddam possessed mobile bio/chem weapon production facilities. The British, who had sold them the trucks, knew this to be false but I can not say that I had heard about it before Bush brought it up. I learned of its debunking only well after the invasion.

In fact, Bush had no evidence that Saddam possessed WMD, and he knew it. The CIA was ordered by the Pentagon Office of Special Plans to produce credible-looking documentation of to support its prejudice about Saddam's WMD programs. The CIA protested, but followed orders. When Tenet gave the resulting documents to Bush, Bush asked "is this it?" and Tenet said the issue was a "slam dunk". He was referring not to finding WMD in Iraq, but to selling the "evidence" to the Congress. Congress had no source of information independent of the CIA; its subsequent vote to approve the war is not proof that it would have supported the war given the truth.

Now, even if we find a hundred tons of anthrax in the desert under Saddam's last spider hole, Bush will still have lied about having evidence. If this were a search of a house in America, anything found would be inadmissable because the warrant was obtained using falsified testimony. Instead, it's perjury before Congress while under the Oath of Office (which applies to the President's conduct 24/7 during his term).

3. Bush claimed that Saddam was an imminent threat to the U.S. He had no evidence of that, and there is still no evidence of it.

So, are you really ignorant of everything regarding this issue except the Administration's desired right-wing talking points, or were you just trolling?

9. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Are you wondering if Jim is a troll poster?

10. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,173
    Yeah of course, they were total enemies, thats exactly why Osama released two or three tapes calling all Al Queda agents to Iraq to fight for Saddam. Naturally, there was absolutely no connection whsoever between the two.

Which of course is why British Intelligence is still claiming that this event happened and yellow cake was found being smuggled out of Iraq in scrap metal months ago.

Prove this is a lie and not simply an intelligence failure. Id like to see this one.

Let me see if i understand this correctly. The British, who sold Saddam these mobile bio/chem weapon trucks, knew Saddam didnt have them? we did find the trucks you know. And they were laced with chemicals, we simply didnt find weapons in them which is a moot point since we have since learned that they are in syria as Syrian terrorists have already tried to use them in Jordan.

No of course, Saddam using WMDs in the past is not evidence that Saddam possessed them. The fact that we have found some is no evidence that saddam possessed them. When are you people going to give it a rest. I mean its ridiculous that you people are still trying to claim that Saddam didnt have any WMDs and that Saddam has no links to terrorism. And whats even more amazing is you are trying to say Bush lied about Saddam having WMDs. In order for this to be true you would need two things:

1)No Iraqi WMDs being found, which unless youve been living in a cave the past three months with your eyes shut and your hands over your ears you would know this point is already refuted.

2)You need Proof! Whats it going to take to get through to you saying "Bush is a liar" Or even "Bush is a liar because..." is going to make us fall down and believe you without any support for it! I mean come on people. We need more than simply your word for it.

Well, im not surprised your still trying to push this lie. Read the State of the Union address before we started the Iraqi liberation. Bush was pretty clear that the whole point of going into Iraq was to prevent Saddam from becoming an imminent threat. If i remember right it was Senator Kerry who was claiming Saddam was an imminent threat. Not Bush. nice try though.

Well this is actually rather funny. Accusing jimmy of being ignorant and accusing him of trolling. i have a feeling you are going to be finding out how ignorant you really are soon.