Special Ben Has to be The One of The Dumbest Smart Guys in America

Yeah, Rain Man Carson may be an idiot savant - but he has a hot wife. Meet Candy Carson:

candy_3398479b.jpg
and just think when someone made fun of a democrats wifes looks you were right there telling him what an asshole the person was....

Didn't stop you though, did it?
show me were i made fun of anyones wife...and when you cant,if you are man enough to say you are sorry,i will accept it....

That's you collectively, crazy right wingers as a group. It's been one of your memes for decades.
in other words ....you fucked up and so you give me the dean answer....and i must be a crazy right winger who has defended unions,med pot,gay marriage,a terminal persons right to die,reasonable gun checks,good pay and benefits,govt workers,have bad mouthed far righties here...yea im a hard core righty ....you should rename yourself pussy dog because a bulldog has more integrity than you do.....

Really? You got any examples of you telling right wingers to back off with the insults about families, or is it just offensive when democrats do it?

and just think when someone made fun of a democrats wifes looks you were right there telling him what an asshole the person was....

show me were i made fun of anyones wife...and when you cant,if you are man enough to say you are sorry,i will accept it....

That's you collectively, crazy right wingers as a group. It's been one of your memes for decades.
in other words ....you fucked up and so you give me the dean answer....and i must be a crazy right winger who has defended unions,med pot,gay marriage,a terminal persons right to die,reasonable gun checks,good pay and benefits,govt workers,have bad mouthed far righties here...yea im a hard core righty ....you should rename yourself pussy dog because a bulldog has more integrity than you do.....

Really? You got any examples of you telling right wingers to back off with the insults about families, or is it just offensive when democrats do it?
you have any examples of you telling lefties to back off.....like right here with lakota?...i am in plenty of threads going against righties.....how about you with lefties?...

Ben Carson has an interview yesterday and the lack of knowledge over something as basic as the debt limit is unsettling. His excerpted interview with Ken Ryssdal of American public Radio's "Marketplace" is below:

"Ryssdal: All right, so let's talk about debt then and the budget. As you know, Treasury Secretary Lew has come out in the last couple of days and said, "We're gonna run out of money, we're gonna run out of borrowing authority, on the fifth of November." Should the Congress then and the president not raise the debt limit? Should we default on our debt?

Carson: Let me put it this way: if I were the president, I would not sign an increased budget. Absolutely would not do it. They would have to find a place to cut.

Ryssdal: To be clear, it's increasing the debt limit, not the budget, but I want to make sure I understand you. You'd let the United States default rather than raise the debt limit.

Carson: No, I would provide the kind of leadership that says, "Get on the stick guys, and stop messing around, and cut where you need to cut, because we're not raising any spending limits, period."

Ryssdal: I'm gonna try one more time, sir. This is debt that's already obligated. Would you not favor increasing the debt limit to pay the debts already incurred?

Carson: What I'm saying is what we have to do is restructure the way that we create debt. I mean if we continue along this, where does it stop? It never stops. You're always gonna ask the same question every year. And we're just gonna keep going down that pathway. That's one of the things I think that the people are tired of."

This is the #2 polling favorite in America and every day he shocks us with new dumbed down ideas about commonplace things in America. Just when does it become too much?
Ben Carson stumbles on debt limit question

Yeah, Rain Man Carson may be an idiot savant - but he has a hot wife. Meet Candy Carson:

candy_3398479b.jpg

Says the far left drone that support the bashing of this woman..

Yep when the far left openly hijacked the DNC back in the late 70's it all went to hell, that is why the far left should be pushed out of power..
the 70's?.....try the last half of the 90's....

Nope it happened in the 70's when far left went after Carter to take him down, started by Edward Kennedy..
EVERYONE was on Carter back then....
Actually, everyone was on Kennedy
i do believe many people were on carter too....

No Carter refused to sign the signature law put forth by Kennedy and the far left. Carter was not going to blindly sign a healthcare bill, he dared to ask how they were going to pay for it..

I know you do not have an examples of the doing the same against the far left..

You have yet to condemn the far left on anything on this board..

the 70's?.....try the last half of the 90's....

Nope it happened in the 70's when far left went after Carter to take him down, started by Edward Kennedy..

No Carter refused to sign the signature law put forth by Kennedy and the far left. Carter was not going to blindly sign a healthcare bill, he dared to ask how they were going to pay for it..
back then kosh many people were on carter for more than one reason...the guy was a good guy but a pretty weak President....

I know you do not have an examples of the doing the same against the far left..

You have yet to condemn the far left on anything on this board..
i already asked "BULLdog" this.....i notice he hasnt answered yet....so dont hold your breath....

back then kosh many people were on carter for more than one reason...the guy was a good guy but a pretty weak President....

Yea the far left was all over him when he dared to stand up to them, so they took him down..

He was the first incumbent president in history to be challenged.. Who challenged him? The far left Edward Kennedy..

But his horrid foreign policy (that Obama has been by light years) is all on him..

you have any examples of you telling lefties to back off.....like right here with lakota?...i am in plenty of threads going against righties.....how about you with lefties?...

I wasn't the one whining about it.

Ben Carson has an interview yesterday and the lack of knowledge over something as basic as the debt limit is unsettling. His excerpted interview with Ken Ryssdal of American public Radio's "Marketplace" is below:

"Ryssdal: All right, so let's talk about debt then and the budget. As you know, Treasury Secretary Lew has come out in the last couple of days and said, "We're gonna run out of money, we're gonna run out of borrowing authority, on the fifth of November." Should the Congress then and the president not raise the debt limit? Should we default on our debt?

Carson: Let me put it this way: if I were the president, I would not sign an increased budget. Absolutely would not do it. They would have to find a place to cut.

Ryssdal: To be clear, it's increasing the debt limit, not the budget, but I want to make sure I understand you. You'd let the United States default rather than raise the debt limit.

Carson: No, I would provide the kind of leadership that says, "Get on the stick guys, and stop messing around, and cut where you need to cut, because we're not raising any spending limits, period."

Ryssdal: I'm gonna try one more time, sir. This is debt that's already obligated. Would you not favor increasing the debt limit to pay the debts already incurred?

Carson: What I'm saying is what we have to do is restructure the way that we create debt. I mean if we continue along this, where does it stop? It never stops. You're always gonna ask the same question every year. And we're just gonna keep going down that pathway. That's one of the things I think that the people are tired of."

This is the #2 polling favorite in America and every day he shocks us with new dumbed down ideas about commonplace things in America. Just when does it become too much?

Turns out you have to know zero about finance and economics to operate on the human brain.

Turns out you have to know zero about finance and economics to operate on the human brain.

Well, you don't need to know it. Neurosurgery is a very specialized field.

I really have to scratch my head and wonder if you're serious, because if you are, you guys are the ones showing supreme ignorance over the debt limit, not Carson.

Carson said he would not sign a budget increase--such as the one that the president just signed--but would insist on budget cuts so that we would not have to raise the debt limit again. I mean, it's a law of math that you can't decrease a number until you stop increasing it. We'll never get out of debt if we don't stop spending more and more money each year. The budget and the debt are inextricably connected. Our reckless budgets over the last 7 years are the reason we are now $18 trillion in debt.

The issue isn't just the debt already owed--we could keep paying the interest on that until we get our budget in order. The issue is that we are yet again nearing the debt limit because we keep spending more and more money. If we had a balanced budget, we could start paying down the debt principal instead of just paying the debt interest. Apparently Carson's interviewer didn't understand these basic principles of math and finance.

So exactly how did Carson show a "lack of knowledge" here?

Last edited:

I really have to scratch my head and wonder if you're serious, because if you are, you guys are the ones showing supreme ignorance over the debt limit, not Carson.

Carson said he would not sign a budget increase--such as the one that the president just signed--but would insist on budget cuts so that we would not have to raise the debt limit again. I mean, it's a law of math that you can't decrease a number until you stop increasing it. We'll never get out of debt if we don't stop spending more and more money each year. The budget and the debt are inextricably connected. Our reckless budgets over the last 7 years are the reason we are now $18 trillion in debt.

The issue isn't just the debt already owed--we could keep paying the interest on that until we get our budget in order. The issue is that we are yet again nearing the debt limit because we keep spending more and more money. If we had a balanced budget, we could start paying down the debt principal instead of just paying the debt interest. Apparently Carson's interviewer didn't understand these basic principles of math and finance.

What's reckless is the way you and others on the right advocate for irresponsible budget cuts – cuts that would adversely effect the lives of millions of Americans, cuts that would undermine and hobble necessary, proper, and Constitutional regulatory policies, cuts to education, health care, and disease prevention, and cuts to the upkeep and repair of infrastructure.

You and others on the right have a truly bizarre, naïve, and wrongheaded perception of what government is, what government does, its responsibility to citizens, and the funding needed to meet those vital responsibilities.

And Carson represents well that childish, wrongheaded perception of government common to most on the right.

Exactly

Carson seems to have lived in a bubble for the last twenty years. He has little understanding of current events, global politics and our political system

Even worse he has a reluctance to learn and relies on "folksy" responses to real issues

The average USMB poster knows more about what is going on in the world and our political system than Carson does

We fight about this shit every day. We follow issues as they evolve and know the players and the views of issues from each point of view

Carson seems to have ignored the world while he was a surgeon.....it shows in his responses

The fact that Ben Carson is ignorant of economics is evident by simply reading the sourced article. You finding excuses for him is probably comparable to when someone tells visitors that their uncle So-and-So really is brilliant, but if you just come back at 3:00 this afternoon you will see for yourself.

The question poised to Dr Carson was simple, Would he sign a bill that raised the debt limit? He went off on a tangent and went into the budget which was not the question and seemed ignorant of the fact that the bill is for debt already incurred.

Two weeks ago, at the Value Voters Summit Dr Carson continued to show his ignorance, fast forward to 14:40 and watch him suggest that the Federal Reserve cannot raise interest rates because then the United States Treasury would have to pay higher interest rate repayment on the bonds.

Yes I agree with your debt concerns but they didn't have anything to do with what happens on November 5th.

"Special Ben", wow.

Playing right into the nasty, incorrect stereotype that black people are stupid.

Terrible, terrible racism, and look at how many are participating.

(throwing this back at the PC Police is great fun!)

It takes a "Special" person to draw an equivalency from a title. I think this may have more to do with your school trips on the short bus more than anything else.

"Special Ben", wow.

Playing right into the nasty, incorrect stereotype that black people are stupid.

It takes a "Special" person to draw an equivalency from a title. I think this may have more to do with your school trips on the short bus more than anything else.
Oooh, a nice little third grade insult.

Gosh, that hurts. Dang.

Have you always hated black people? Do you think you're better than they are?

"Special Ben", wow.

Oooh, a nice little third grade insult.

Gosh, that hurts. Dang.

Have you always hated black people? Do you think you're better than they are?

Is that your best Rachel Dolezal impression?

Forum List

Back