Speaking of Islam and misogyny and beatings

Blame the victim? Au contraire. I'm into empowerment and will continue to speak against physical, mental abuse, and slavery. I'm starting to think the only true feminists are on the right.
'Blaming the victim' is another of her strawmen.

She can't help herself. She beats up on straw because she hasn't a clue how to address the actual argument.

It's cringeworthy to watch the shrew argue her straw.

Blame the victim? Au contraire. I'm into empowerment and will continue to speak against physical, mental abuse, and slavery. I'm starting to think the only true feminists are on the right.
'Blaming the victim' is another of her strawmen.

She can't help herself. She beats up on straw because she hasn't a clue how to address the actual argument.

It's cringeworthy to watch the shrew argue her straw.

:lol::lol:

Domestic Violence - Religious Abuse

Religion & Domestic Violence

National Center on Domestic and Sexual Violence

Domestic violence can and does occurs in any home -- christian, Jew, Muslim, Buddist, etc....since more homes are christian, more violence takes place there. But I would not dream of saying christianity encourages or approves of it.

Would you?

Did you have the chapter and verse that calls for beating your wife from the bible?
Or did you just miss the point again?
She either missed the point, or knows damn well the point, but chooses to argue a strawman.

Again.
Two of the most popular translations .Mythology?

M. M. Pickthall 4:34 Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great.
Shakir 4:34 Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.
Imam Samir Abu Hamza
Australian Imam instructs Muslims to beat and rape their ‘wives’.
Imam Mohamed Kamal Mustafa
BBC NEWS | Europe | Imam rapped for wife-beating book

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye8ccCeINDY[/ame]

scourge   
[skurj] Show IPA
noun, verb, scourged, scourg·ing.
–noun
a whip or lash, esp. for the infliction of punishment or torture.
a person or thing that applies or administers punishment or severe criticism.
a cause of affliction or calamity: Disease and famine are scourges of humanity.
She lives in an impenetrable echo chamber

Last edited:
So, Madeline, you see nothing wrong with a religous doctrine that not only allows a man to beat his wife but encourages it? Or are you denying that Islam contains that doctrine altogether?

So, Madeline, you see nothing wrong with a religous doctrine that not only allows a man to beat his wife but encourages it? Or are you denying that Islam contains that doctrine altogether?

I need an Imam or a scholar to show me something my lying eyes wont reveal.:cool:

Did you have the chapter and verse that calls for beating your wife from the bible?
She either missed the point, or knows damn well the point, but chooses to argue a strawman.

Again.
Two of the most popular translations .Mythology?

M. M. Pickthall 4:34 Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great.
Shakir 4:34 Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.
Imam Samir Abu Hamza
Australian Imam instructs Muslims to beat and rape their ‘wives’.
Imam Mohamed Kamal Mustafa
BBC NEWS | Europe | Imam rapped for wife-beating book

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye8ccCeINDY[/ame]

scourge   
[skurj] Show IPA
noun, verb, scourged, scourg·ing.
–noun
a whip or lash, esp. for the infliction of punishment or torture.
a person or thing that applies or administers punishment or severe criticism.
a cause of affliction or calamity: Disease and famine are scourges of humanity.
She lives in an impenetrable echo chamber

Now it carne to pass in the days when the judges ruled, that there was a famine in the land. And a certain man of Bethlehem-judah went to sojourn in the country of Moab, he, and his wife, and his two sons.

2 And the name of the man was Elimelech, and the name of his wife Naomi, and the name of his two sons Mahlon and Chilion. And they came into the country of Moab, and continued there.

3 And Elimelech, Naomi's husband, died; and she was left, and her two sons.

4 And they took them wives of the women of Moab; the name of the one was Orpah, and the name of the other Ruth: and they dwelt there about ten years.

5 And Mahlon and Chilion died also both of them; and the woman was left of her two sons and her husband.

6 Then she arose with her daughters in law, that she might return from the country of Moab; for she had heard in the country of Moab how that the Lord had visited his people in giving them bread.

7 Wherefore she went forth out of the place where she was, and her two daughters in law with her.

8 And Naomi said unto her daughters in law, Go, return each to her mother's house;

The Lord deal kindly with you, as ye have dealt with the dead, and with me.

10 And they said unto her, Surely we will return with thee unto thy people.

14 And they lifted up their voice, and wept: and Orpah kissed her mother in law; but Ruth clave to her.

15 And he said, Behold, thy sister in law is gone back unto her people, and unto her gods: return thou after thy sister in law.

16 And Ruth said, Entreat me not to leave thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:

19 So they two went until they came to Beth-lehem. And it came to pass, when they were come to Beth-lehem, that all the city was moved about them, and they said, Is this Naomi?

20 And she said unto them, Call me not Naomi, call me Mara: for the Almighty hath dealt very bitterly with me.

21 I went out full, and the Lord hath brought me home again empty: why then call ye me Naomi, seeing the Lord hath testified against me, and the Almighty hath afflicted me.

22 So Naomi returned, and Ruth the Moabitess, her daughter in law, with her.

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. Ephesians 5:22

Then when the king's edict is proclaimed throughout all his vast realm, all the women will respect their husbands, from the least to the greatest. Ester 1:20

He sent dispatches to all parts of the kingdom, to each province in its own script and to each people in its own language, proclaiming in each people's tongue that every man should be ruler over his own household. Ester 1:22

Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. Corinthians 14:34

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Ephensians 6:5

...to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. Titus 2:5

Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives. 1 Peter 3:1

When you would like to discuss the misery of women in abusive marriages pressured to remain there by RCC priests, lemme know Mr. Fitnah.

Ok, you stuffed a strawman and tried to create moral equivalence where non exists, anything else?

I see. Pastors and priests who pressure women (or men) to remain in abusive marriages -- that's good, that's christian.

Good to know, Mr. Fitnah.

So, since the christians did it, it's a okay for the muslims to do it too??? And not just their religious leaders, but in their actual theology. Great logic, Mad!

Ok, you stuffed a strawman and tried to create moral equivalence where non exists, anything else?

I see. Pastors and priests who pressure women (or men) to remain in abusive marriages -- that's good, that's christian.

So, since the christians did it, it's a okay for the muslims to do it too??? And not just their religious leaders, but in their actual theology. Great logic, Mad!
The Christians' bible encourages beating wives?

No, she was saying that Catholic priests did because they would encourage a woman to stay in an abusive marriage instead of seeking a divorce. And in 'their', I mean muslim, not christian, sorry.

She gives every indication of suffering insanity.

No, she was saying that Catholic priests did because they would encourage a woman to stay in an abusive marriage instead of seeking a divorce. And in 'their', I mean muslim, not christian, sorry.
K. Thanks for clarifying.

She gives every indication of suffering insanity.
It's a full-blown psychotic break, I think.

It matters little whether it is "encouraged" or "condoned" It almost guarantees submission.

I'm sure there were plenty of slave owners who did not beat their slaves. But the fact that they could kept them in line, now didn't it?

Funny thing about that was that slave owners valued their slaves. One of the things i find very interesting is we know all of the horror stories of the slaves mistreatment, beatings and such, but have you ever heard of noses and ears being cut off of them? I am very sure that if that was an excepted practice it would be something that would he howled about throughout history.

Mr. Fitnah wrote:

I know you desperately want some way to inspire fear and loathing in others towards Muslims, but spreading misinformation about domestic violence and its causes should be beneath even you, Mr. Fitnah.

Find another hobby horse to ride. This kind of mythology you're peddling gets people killed, and that pisses me off.

There is a HUGE difference between domestic violence....and domestic violence that is spelled out and sanctioned by god.

There are no two ways around this fact.

jeffrockit wrote in part:

Christians today do not commit these violent acts that Muslims do regularly.

Domestic Violence - Religious Abuse

Religion & Domestic Violence

National Center on Domestic and Sexual Violence

Domestic violence can and does occurs in any home -- christian, Jew, Muslim, Buddist, etc....since more homes are christian, more violence takes place there. But I would not dream of saying christianity encourages or approves of it.

Would you?

So now you are making it a domestic violence issue. Muslims are practicing Sharia law which "instructs them to do these things to women". Save your typing if you are going to bring up Old Testament as the NT changed the barbaric practices in it.

How do you respond to the Beslan incident ( Muslim terrorists shooting children in the back) or the stoning that goes on currently by Muslims. If you are attempting to draw a parallel to domestic violence, you have failed. Muslims do not encourage this behaviour, they support it with Sharia law.
"This is the law Imam Rauf wants in the US.
"Imam Faisal Abdul Rauf Tells Jordanian Newspaper he is for Sharia Law"
You agree with Sharia and are OK with it in the US??? or for that matter anywhere?

Actually, if you could read the original Arabic, you would realize that the word used to describe the object used in the beating is a "miswack"(spelling may change due to person translating from Arabic). A miswack is actually a small stick about the size of your finger, and is used to brush the teeth, as it tends to fray slightly at the cut end, and which contains natural oils that are antiseptic. I find it hard to beat anyone with a toothbrush, and so must interpret this either symbolicaly, or to imply that the discipline is to be mild. Discilplining ones wives, and having their submission is an ancient concept and appears in every major world religion, including Christianity.

Last edited:
Shariya law also encompasses laws of inheritance as well as many other areas of life. According to shariya law, it is true that daughters get half the amount as sons, but what most quick quoters won't tell you is that also, by shariya law the son's amount is to be spent financially supporting his sister, as she is now made his financial dependant, even though she may be a millionaire, and not need any of his money, and her inheritance is hers to keep. Shariya law also states that the money a woman has before marriage is hers throughout, and after the marriage, and any money she makes during the marriage is hers to keep, and that the husband is responsable for supporting the family, no matter how much money she has. Shariya law also states that a wife can initiate a divorse. This is not the case in Christianity. It is true that a Muslim wife can not prevent her husband from taking on additional wives, but she can divorse him for that reason, and I have known many who did. Forced marriage is against shariya law, and if you read the Hadith (a collection of eye witness accounts of the events surrounding the profit Muhammad), you will find that.

Forum List

Back