Speaker McCarthy confirms Swalwell, Schiff, and Omar will be stripped of their committee seats

All three are grave threats to our national security and should be prosecuted as well.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) confirmed Monday he plans to strip Reps. Eric Swalwell (D-CA), Adam Schiff (D-CA), and Ilhan Omar (D-MN) from their respective committee seats in the 118th Congress.

McCarthy told the Associated Press on Monday he will stand by his pledge to expel these far-left Democrat House members from their committee seats due to their previous misconduct as members of Congress. To remove members from committees, House members must approve by a floor vote.
This is primarily for symbolic purposes, as Swalwell is already due to be rotated off his current committee and Omar's assignment would require a vote anyway (which would most likely get denied). This leaves only Schiff .. a worthless congressman who lied about the evidence in the Russian Collusion shenanigans, abused his authority and blatantly censored those who exposed his lies. With this being a representative government, it speaks volumes about those who continue to vote for him.

They're not going to chair, they're not even going to sit. They're OFF the committees.
And that should upset me.., why, again? Are you a fan of the four? If so, why?

They are gone from the committees they were on.....GONE.
Now, I know you don't care and most likely celebrate. I simply do not care and find no surprise. It is not like he got rid of good, level-headed legislators from those committees. I was quite frankly surprised they got re-elected locally in their districts, to still be there, on those committees. This is just fortunes of war and politics.

Now, I know you don't care and most likely celebrate. I simply do not care and find no surprise. It is not like he got rid of good, level-headed legislators from those committees. I was quite frankly surprised they got re-elected locally in their districts, to still be there, on those committees. This is just fortunes of war and politics.
It's just something I was looking forward to.....The likes of those turds all back of the bus. ;)

It's just something I was looking forward to.....The likes of those turds all back of the bus. ;)
I doubt, even simple rank and file Dem are very upset over the four having their seats pulled out from under them. They are on the radical left side and always have been, and a radical is every bit as bad as a radical right.

I have taken no bullets from anybody, for anybody, not even coming under fire. The PPQ is in the holster locked and loaded on the back of the desk chair in which I sit. Provable, as there is no news of me shooting anybody, and at the distances in front of my house, it is quite unlikely I would miss.

Marv, I have no party. I have never been a member of any party. I don't even contribute to political parties. Hell, it has been a while since I even went to any kind of party.

You're slightly more believable than Mac1958 when you tell that lie, but it's not a compliment, because he's terrible at it.

All three are grave threats to our national security and should be prosecuted as well.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) confirmed Monday he plans to strip Reps. Eric Swalwell (D-CA), Adam Schiff (D-CA), and Ilhan Omar (D-MN) from their respective committee seats in the 118th Congress.

McCarthy told the Associated Press on Monday he will stand by his pledge to expel these far-left Democrat House members from their committee seats due to their previous misconduct as members of Congress. To remove members from committees, House members must approve by a floor vote.
Swalwell belongs in Leavenworth

Who cares if they no longer chair committees? Who didn't expect it? It may be a slim majority, but I would expect Dems to be cleared out chairman seats on committees.

Frankly, this wasn't even worth a thread.
I think he is saying they will no longer be on the committees at all.
If so, expect going forward, that all minority party members will be removed from all seats in the entirety.

I think he is saying they will no longer be on the committees at all.
If so, expect going forward, that all minority party members will be removed from all seats in the entirety.
Don't count on it. If he installs one party rule and makeup, it will insure the Republican party is voted out, as having further proved with his 5 vote majority, they cannot be trusted with the mechanics of democracy and representation inside the House. There has and will never be a House of Representatives with no minority party members sitting on committees. 5 seats is not even much of a mandate in a midterm election. I can't get too worked up over it.

Great that needs to happen now.

So Jordan should be stripped from his committee for his lying?? (And not honoring a subpoena?)

Who said they were stripped of their committees for lying? You lying again?

“The Democrats have created a new thing where they’re picking and choosing who could be on committee,” McCarthy said last January. “Never in the history [of Congress] have you had the majority tell the minority who could be on committee, but this new standard, which these Democrats have voted for — if Eric Swalwell cannot get a security clearance in the private sector, there’s no reason why he should be given one to be on Intel or Homeland Security.”

So Swalwell is a major security risk. (who likes Fang Fang)
iu

Forum List

Back