CDZ Spanking [Revisited]

Wake

Easygoing Conservative
Jun 11, 2013
There's been a lot of hand-wringing about spanking over the years.

Reading articles by those idiots at Yahoo Parenting, I get the feeling there's going to be more push to get it banned soon.

Do you think spanking should be banned? Who here was spanked as a kid?

Reading articles by those idiots at Yahoo Parenting, I get the feeling there's going to be more push to get it banned soon.

My parents stopped spanking me at 6 I believe. My mother said she would not pass on slave behavior.

Never tell a Scotsman that spanking is banned unless you want to see him cry.

I got swatted pretty good by my female parental unit. Never by dad, that I can remember.

My ex would slap our boys in the face. When I dissented, she said "don't tell me how to raise my kids". Fuck that bitch.

I remarried, had a kid, and neither of us spanked. That's the key. Having both parents on the same page.

spanking like whacking a mule simply ensures that you get the kid's attention sort of like slapping an adult having a panic attack the goal is getting to where you can talk it out.

The problem with "spanking" is that it encompasses everything from a swat to a beating. It seems to me that we already have laws regarding child abuse and reporting, so further intrusion by the nanny state is unwarranted.

I got swatted pretty good by my female parental unit. Never by dad, that I can remember.

My ex would slap our boys in the face. When I dissented, she said "don't tell me how to raise my kids". Fuck that bitch.

I remarried, had a kid, and neither of us spanked. That's the key. Having both parents on the same page.

I don't have a problem with spanking up to a certain age. Slapping a child in the face, on the other hand, is definitely crossing the line.

I was spanked as a child. Sometimes you absolutely can't reason with a child, especially a hyper-active one.

Mom and dad spanked me, and I learned very, very quickly to stop doing certain things, because they were unacceptable. Now I'm 27 years old, never been in trouble with the law, I respect the personal space and well-being of others, and am a respectful young man.

If I wasn't punished this way, I may have ended up in jail, injured, or dead. Spanking sends a clear message, and you do it because you love your child, and you're trying to shape this child to be a good person. Spanking isn't the only way, but it is a decent and effective way. Imagine trying to reason with a child that would spit in your face if you dared try to scold me, or try to punish you in your balls. Honestly, spanking is an acceptable way to discipline children.

I was spanked all the time. My sister and brother were too.

No biggie :dunno:

Don't make a thread and start an argument. What do you think?

Was spanked by both parents until big enough to physically prevent them (for which I deserved more hehe.)

Negative reinforcement like spanking does in fact work, but only when properly implemented. Problem is it usually isn't properly implemented. But if you spank RIGHT AWAY, the child associates the spanking with whatever undesired behaviour earned it. But if you postpone the punishment 'til you father gets home' like then it doesn't work and it's just hitting your kids.

Spanks should be attention-getters. Not physically painful. And over time as you child is trained the spanks happen less because the hcild knows right from wrong. Eventually, in theory anyway, they don't need to be punished at all.

Reason spanking gets such a bad impression is the idiiots who're doing it and doing it all pissed off, faces contorted in rage, yanking their kids' by one arms whacking em hard with the other. That's NOT spanking. That's child abuse.

Was spanked by both parents until big enough to physically prevent them (for which I deserved more hehe.)

Negative reinforcement like spanking does in fact work, but only when properly implemented. Problem is it usually isn't properly implemented. But if you spank RIGHT AWAY, the child associates the spanking with whatever undesired behaviour earned it. But if you postpone the punishment 'til you father gets home' like then it doesn't work and it's just hitting your kids.

Spanks should be attention-getters. Not physically painful. And over time as you child is trained the spanks happen less because the hcild knows right from wrong. Eventually, in theory anyway, they don't need to be punished at all.

Reason spanking gets such a bad impression is the idiiots who're doing it and doing it all pissed off, faces contorted in rage, yanking their kids' by one arms whacking em hard with the other. That's NOT spanking. That's child abuse.
Negative reinforcement is always worse than positive reinforcement. Too many people simply go to what they know, assuming it is correct. Basically do you want your children to obey you out of respect, love, and admiration or out of terror and fear?

Ours have been spanked...and they are better children for it. It's also true, it hurts their father and I more than it does them

Forum List

Back