Southwest airlines pilot Tammy Jo is a hero!!!

The FAA
@FAANews

#FAA Statement: Airworthiness Directive (AD) - Required Inspections of Certain CFM56-7B Engines.
34744846-F988-4250-BBDD-4AF5E9B1583C.jpeg

By printed accounts the plane was damaged, but airworthy and the plane landed without incident

I have been on two flights where an engine caught fire. In both cases we were able to return to our originating airport and land. I got on the next available flight.

The pilot did a good job in handling the situation but no spectacular flying

You know, after I saw this and heard that a woman was almost pulled through the window, I'm gonna rethink my stand on window seats as well.

Hawaii Air Lines ruined first class for me when I saw the roof get torn off of it's first class section of the jet.

Now window seats? Guess I'm gonna have to start driving or taking a train.

How many tens of millions of flights have taken off over that time period where absolutely nothing has happened, but because of two incidents 30 years apart now it's all over for you? Don't be such a wuss.

Lol - I'm with you on that Bro. And Southwest? OmG, considering their size and the number of takeoffs and landings (most in the industry) - their safety record is amazing. One would be more likely to die walking across the street.

Tuesday’s death was the first in-flight fatality due to an accident in the 47-year history of Southwest. That doesn’t include a 2005 episode in which one of its jets skidded off a snowy runway in Chicago and onto a road, killing a 6-year-old boy in a car.

My fear of flying has mostly to do with my lack of control of the situation, and the lack of knowing what can or is going to happen. I have the utmost faith in the machine itself and in the pilots, but my greatest fear has always been a 10 minute death plunge from altitude.

That being said I do fly at least 1-2 times a year, I just get drunk before I get on the plane.

And that doesn't stop me from watching Air Disasters religiously (just not in the two weeks before I am going to fly)

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If the plane came apart at 30,000 ft, you don't have enough oxygen up there to keep you alive, so you will suffocate, pass out, and then die.

All before you hit the ground.

Thanks......I think....

Note that during the briefing he mentions 41 degree roll, but when questioned during q&a, he asked someone that stated it was a 41.3 degree roll. I inaccurately above stated 42.3.
What I find interesting is that they haven’t found any window material inside the planes. Are they suggesting it blew outwards first? If so, what would that mean?

Last edited:
What I find interesting is that they haven’t found any window material inside the planes. Are they suggesting it blew outwards first? If so, what would that mean?
It means the inside is highly pressurized and would push outward as the window failed

Yeah, I just read another article, and she was PARTIALLY sucked out but pulled back in. Unfortunately it was too late for her. You can totally see the fear in the people's faces. That is some scary stuff!

1523995561345.jpg

Passenger Marty Martinez captured the moment when oxygen masks were deployed on the flight. (Marty Martinez)
Notice three passengers with oxy masks improperly used? Supposed to cover mouth AND nose. Heard a radio host this morning claim in all the pics he's seen from inside that plane no one had a mask on properly. Not surprising when you see the lack of passenger attention during preflight safety instructions.

Kudos though to the captain and 1st officer for following their training and getting the crippled plane safely on the ground. Move over, Sully, you've got company now!

Last edited:
This was a false flag attack to distract us from Trump crimes!

I can prove it because God told me while I was reclining in my leather La-z-boy typing on my computer.

It would blow out...depressurized. Even if struck from the outside.
Which is understandable, but his statement sounded like it was significant.
Not really. If struck from the outside even to the point of cracking it, it will blow out on its own....It would be MORE significant if pieces of the window were found inside the plane.

Yeah, I just read another article, and she was PARTIALLY sucked out but pulled back in. Unfortunately it was too late for her. You can totally see the fear in the people's faces. That is some scary stuff!

1523995561345.jpg

Passenger Marty Martinez captured the moment when oxygen masks were deployed on the flight. (Marty Martinez)
Notice three passengers with oxy masks improperly used? Supposed to cover mouth AND nose. Heard a radio host this morning claim in all the pics he's seen from inside that plane no one had a mask on properly. Not surprising when you see the lack of passenger attention during preflight safety instructions.

Kudos though to the captain and 1st officer for following their training and getting the crippled plane safely on the ground. Move over, Sully, you've got company now!
The ones who NEED to be on Os for sure are the flight crew...and they were....the rest is "whatever"....they went to 10K fast enough to be fine....except I bet a few ears popped badly.

1523995561345.jpg

We opened the door on a King Air at 20K/ft & skydived out. In short term O2 is only critical for pilots You can live a long time at in a delusional hypoxic state at high altitude without additional O2. Like the stowaway to Hawaii inside landing gear bay.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back