Southern cop shoots man running away in the back..

The video clearly shows the officer had no fear for his life or others. Yup, the video is a just view of the event.

The man who was shot attacked the officer and stripped him of his tazer.

"A police officer may not seize an unarmed, nondangerous suspect by shooting him dead...however...Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force."

—Justice Byron White, Tennessee v. Garner[3]

Fleeing felon rule - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
A valid criticism would be that the officer tampered with evidence. But the is nothing unlawful in shooting a dangerous fleeing felon...back front or sideways, armed or unarmed, in most states.

Last edited:
The man wasn't supporting his family.

That is why he is dead.

Nobody runs from a tail light ticket, tens of thousands fail to pay their child support.

When the cops have a warrant, you take the bust like a man, or, risk getting shot if you resist and run.

Some bad choices led to this, and they started with failure to support children that he brought into this world, and ended with resisting a lawful arrest.

What about the black cop that was kneeling right there when the white cop dropped the object? Will he get off?

What about the black cop that was kneeling right there when the white cop dropped the object? Will he get off?
What about the before and after parts of the video?

There will be a trial, in the meantime, maybe people should learn to support their kids, and not run from warrants.

Or, does the 14th Amendment give people the right to decide which warrants they will submit to, and which they will run from?

Oh my heavens! I just saw the stills at the Daily Mail. Unfreaking real.

Cold blooded murder. Thank goodness someone captured this. All over a lousy broken tail light.

I can't believe what I'm looking at.
Yeah, shot for the tail light.

Not for resisting arrest, and running from warrants for the lowest crime of all, failure to support children he fathered.

It's all about the tail light, yeah, right.

It is all about karma.

Pay your fuckin' child support, and you don't have these problems.

You don't get killed in cold blood for child support. Have you seen the pictures or the video?

There's no doubt that this cop blew him away for no reason.

Road wouldn't be defending a cold blooded murderer if the victim wasn't black.
I am not defending the cop, in fact, lying motherfucker, I said it is good this cop will be off the streets.

Does being black grant a right to not support the children you bring into the world, and the right to run from legitimate arrest warrants?

This guy fucked up long before the cop fucked up.

Why do you ignore that part?

Cold blooded murder. Thank goodness someone captured this. All over a lousy broken tail light.

Not for resisting arrest, and running from warrants for the lowest crime of all, failure to support children he fathered.

It is all about karma.

The reason for the stop is insignificant. The man was running away, that is trying to escape. A police officer may use deadly force to prevent an escape, but only if the person is a dangerous felon, so sayeth the SCOTUS. Being in arrears on child support does not give the officer the right to use deadly force, nor does fleeing to avoid going to jail for non-support. The minor scuffle he had with the officer did not make him a dangerous felon, at least not by any definition of the term that I am familiar with and I have a JD. The officer had no right to use deadly force to prevent the man's escape. He should be found guilty.

It is all about karma.

You don't get killed in cold blood for child support. Have you seen the pictures or the video?

He blew him away for running from a warrant after resisting arrest.

A jury will punish him according to law.

Support your kids, and this shit doesn't happen to you.

It is all about karma.

The reason for the stop is insignificant. The man was running away, that is trying to escape. A police officer may use deadly force to prevent an escape, but only if the person is a dangerous felon, so sayeth the SCOTUS. Being in arrears on child support does not give the officer the right to use deadly force, nor does fleeing to avoid going to jail for non-support. The minor scuffle he had with the officer did not make him a dangerous felon, at least not by any definition of the term that I am familiar with and I have a JD. The officer had no right to use deadly force to prevent the man's escape. He should be found guilty.
Agree, and that is what juries are for.

I hope the cop gets just what the law calls for.

And this dead deadbeat got just what karma calls for.

It is all about karma.

The video clearly shows the officer had no fear for his life or others. Yup, the video is a just view of the event.

"A police officer may not seize an unarmed, nondangerous suspect by shooting him dead...however...Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force."

A valid criticism would be that the officer tampered with evidence. But the is nothing unlawful in shooting a dangerous fleeing felon...back front or sideways, armed or unarmed, in most states.
White would convict him. Video shows there was no dangerous fleeing suspect, clearly. Life for the cop, easily. Better keep his back to the wall at all times.

I am not defending the cop, in fact, lying motherfucker, I said it is good this cop will be off the streets.

Does being black grant a right to not support the children you bring into the world, and the right to run from legitimate arrest warrants?

Immaterial. The cop was bad cop, period.

Immaterial. The cop was bad cop, period.

A jury will decide that, right?

Funny, Bergdahl is innocent of desertion and supporting the enemy until tried and convicted, but you have already convicted this guy.

If I was on the jury, I might well vote the DP for him, after I heard the whole story.

I sure would not convict on a 27 second video alone.

White would convict him. Video shows there was no dangerous fleeing suspect, clearly. Life for the cop, easily. Better keep his back to the wall at all times.
Dead thug. "When the monkey dies the movie is over".....Joe Bob Williams late movies.

Forum List

Back