Southern cop shoots man running away in the back..

Fleeing felon rule...for the 100th time. Officer attempted non lethal force via tazer.

Now, you want to make a valid complaint? Tampering with evidence by moving the tazer closer to the victim.

That's what is going to sink this guy.

Under U.S. law the fleeing felon rule was limited in 1985 to non-lethal force in most cases by Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1. The justices held that deadly force "may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others."[2]

"A police officer may not seize an unarmed, nondangerous suspect by shooting him dead...however...Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force."

—Justice Byron White, Tennessee v. Garner[3]

Fleeing felon rule - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

When I was young, the cop would walk.

Now he will go to prison for life.

The cop is a flight risk, so no bail. Put him where his mother and wife and daughter can never hug him again.

The video clearly shows the officer had no fear for his life or others. Yup, the video is a just view of the event.

Not by shooting a man dead who was no threat to the cop or anyone else. The cop will go to prison for life.

North Charleston officer faces murder charge after video shows him shooting man in back

North Charleston officer faces murder charge after video shows him shooting man in back - Post and Courier
Judging before the facts again idiot?
And the guy was running away from the ILLEGAL street purchase of a hand gun. Funny, I thought LIBERALS wanted to STOP those things?

Where do you get your facts?

North Charleston officer faces murder charge after video shows him shooting man in back

North Charleston officer faces murder charge after video shows him shooting man in back - Post and Courier
Judging before the facts again idiot?
And the guy was running away from the ILLEGAL street purchase of a hand gun. Funny, I thought LIBERALS wanted to STOP those things?

Where do you get your facts?

He doesn't need any, he has his ignorance and stupidity to fall back on.

Oh my heavens! I just saw the stills at the Daily Mail. Unfreaking real.

Cold blooded murder. Thank goodness someone captured this. All over a lousy broken tail light.

I can't believe what I'm looking at.
Yeah, shot for the tail light.

Not for resisting arrest, and running from warrants for the lowest crime of all, failure to support children he fathered.

It's all about the tail light, yeah, right.

It is all about karma.

Pay your fuckin' child support, and you don't have these problems.

Disgusting, the cop, needs to be tried by his peers and face his punishment. My heart goes out to man's family. This guy is another the reason that police officers get a bad name.

I should wait until a jury hears the case, however this is very disturbing.

He did initially run from the officer. Still, no reason to shoot him in the back 8 times. That's fucked up.

Probably not.

No excuse for not supporting your children either, but, that don't mean shit, it serves no agenda.

Forum List

Back