South Park trolls shitty backup Colin Kaepernick

New teaser trailer for South Park season 20:

Backing up a guy who doesn't break the law.... shock horror.

Huh? Please expound.

Okay.

The Constitution specifically protects the right to protest politically. This is a huge part of what makes America American in the modern era. Protesting is very American, it's legal, where it isn't legal in many countries in the world.

So, a guy who protests at something should be seen as a good thing.

Yet people are pounding on this guy for doing something which is not only pro-American, it's protected by the constitution.

The very same people would praise him if he started go on about his 2nd Amendment right. But he's using the protections from the 1st Amendment and they don't like it.

He's not breaking the law, he's actually doing something that is constitutionally protected. Surely this is something that should be cherished, not attacked. Assuming people actually like the constitution of course.

Fair enough. Of course, the constitution also specifically protects the right to make fun of Colin Kaepernick.

facebook_-166083679.jpg
Liberals are unpatriotic.
facebook_-166083679.jpg

Huh? Please expound.

Okay.

The Constitution specifically protects the right to protest politically. This is a huge part of what makes America American in the modern era. Protesting is very American, it's legal, where it isn't legal in many countries in the world.

Yet people are pounding on this guy for doing something which is not only pro-American, it's protected by the constitution.

The very same people would praise him if he started go on about his 2nd Amendment right. But he's using the protections from the 1st Amendment and they don't like it.

He's not breaking the law, he's actually doing something that is constitutionally protected. Surely this is something that should be cherished, not attacked. Assuming people actually like the constitution of course.
No one saying he doesn't have a right to protest what he's protesting, his judgment is just fucked up and wrong. So everyone else has the same right he does to protest is lame ass

Exactly... I don't care if he waddles around and quacks like a duck. I just think his message is a bit silly and frankly, why now?

His message is silly? It's silly to tell people you think the country isn't as they think it should be and that black people have been marginalized in society? Maybe if you were black you wouldn't find it do silly.

Why now? Well, I'm assuming that he wasn't around in the 1960s, and I'm assuming that as an individual he's developed this thought now, rather than before.
As a minority I don't give a shit if he's a minority. He ought to grow a pair and take it as well as he dishes it out.

Huh? Please expound.

Okay.

No one saying he doesn't have a right to protest what he's protesting, his judgment is just fucked up and wrong. So everyone else has the same right he does to protest is lame ass

Exactly... I don't care if he waddles around and quacks like a duck. I just think his message is a bit silly and frankly, why now?

His message is silly? It's silly to tell people you think the country isn't as they think it should be and that black people have been marginalized in society? Maybe if you were black you wouldn't find it do silly.

Why now? Well, I'm assuming that he wasn't around in the 1960s, and I'm assuming that as an individual he's developed this thought now, rather than before.

Yeah, right now as he lost out to Blaine Gabbert. Have blacks been marginalized? Perhaps... but it is important to examine the reasons and not immediately play the "America is Bad" card. Perhaps it is time to look at t he message being peddled to minorities.

mQUOTE="frigidweirdo, post: 15283085, member: 47831"]
Huh? Please expound.

Okay.

Yeah, right now as he lost out to Blaine Gabbert. Have blacks been marginalized? Perhaps... but it is important to examine the reasons and not immediately play the "America is Bad" card. Perhaps it is time to look at t he message being peddled to minorities.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's time to look at the reality that minorities live with on a day to day basis instead of telling this young man that he's wrong. Maybe it's not minorities who are being fed a false picture.

South Park, biggest hypocrites ever.

In what way? They've spent that last 20 years mocking the entire system...across the board.
Some of my favorite episodes are "Die Hippie Die!", "Rainforest Shmainforest" and "Douche and Turd Sandwich" (making fun of PETA). Of course there are others ridiculing Barbara Streisand, Janet Reno, and Paris Hilton (stupid spoiled whore video playset).

Good times.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
South Park, biggest hypocrites ever.

In what way? They've spent that last 20 years mocking the entire system...across the board.
Some of my favorite episodes are "Die Hippie Die!", "Rainforest Shmainforest" and "Douche and Turd Sandwich" (making fun of PETA). Of course there are others ridiculing Barbara Streisand, Janet Reno, and Paris Hilton (stupid spoiled whore video playset).

Good times.

I love the episode where the all guys give themselves testicle cancer just so they can smoke dope. Classic.

Huh? Please expound.

Okay.

Fair enough. Of course, the constitution also specifically protects the right to make fun of Colin Kaepernick.

Sure it does. But why would you want to make fun of a guy who is trying to make the country fairer? Unless of course you don't want the country to be fairer, you want your group of people to dominate over others and to have the problems that are associated with this divide in society.

Why would you want to make fun of someone, and thereby attacking the Constitution and all it stands for, while claiming you're protecting the values of the country?

Do people really want to be so hypocritical? I mean, if you're going to make fun of someone, shouldn't you make sure you're not opening yourself up for attack in the first place?

Huh? Please expound.

Okay.

Yeah, right now as he lost out to Blaine Gabbert. Have blacks been marginalized? Perhaps... but it is important to examine the reasons and not immediately play the "America is Bad" card. Perhaps it is time to look at t he message being peddled to minorities.

The problem is that America has refused to look at the reasons and continually tells people to just get on with it and accept their place at the bottom of the pile. People are fed up with it, and are protesting because they see nothing changes much.

So it's hardly "immediately", it's been going on for hundreds of years.

Huh? Please expound.

Okay.

Sure it does. But why would you want to make fun of a guy who is trying to make the country fairer? Unless of course you don't want the country to be fairer, you want your group of people to dominate over others and to have the problems that are associated with this divide in society.

Why would you want to make fun of someone, and thereby attacking the Constitution and all it stands for, while claiming you're protecting the values of the country?

Do people really want to be so hypocritical? I mean, if you're going to make fun of someone, shouldn't you make sure you're not opening yourself up for attack in the first place?

Will the country be fairer when blacks are no longer punished for the crimes they commit?

Okay.

The problem is that America has refused to look at the reasons and continually tells people to just get on with it and accept their place at the bottom of the pile. People are fed up with it, and are protesting because they see nothing changes much.

So it's hardly "immediately", it's been going on for hundreds of years.
Kaepernick is hardly at the bottom of the pile, he makes millions a year. You progressives should hate the guy

Huh? Please expound.

Okay.

Will the country be fairer when blacks are no longer punished for the crimes they commit?

I didn't say don't punish people for crimes committed, did I?

What I'm saying is make education better, make opportunities for all based on ability rather than the money you're born into, make sure everyone is getting through high school, make sure school is relevant to their life as an adult by teaching skills that will be useful.

Technical schools for those who want to go that route, academic schools for those who want to follow that route. Make sure they're learning about how to be good human beings, make sure they're learning critical thinking skills, cooking skills, being made aware of the people around them, the consequences of the actions they make.

Let's change things so they make sense and are relevant to people's lives.

Huh? Please expound.

Okay.

What I'm saying is make education better, make opportunities for all based on ability rather than the money you're born into, make sure everyone is getting through high school, make sure school is relevant to their life as an adult by teaching skills that will be useful.

Technical schools for those who want to go that route, academic schools for those who want to follow that route. Make sure they're learning about how to be good human beings, make sure they're learning critical thinking skills, cooking skills, being made aware of the people around them, the consequences of the actions they make.

There's opportunities like that available today, opportunities passed up by black people who would rather deal drugs. What does that have to do with justifiable police shootings being recast as racial oppression?

Huh? Please expound.

Okay.

So you supported vouchers then?

Okay.

There's opportunities like that available today, opportunities passed up by black people who would rather deal drugs. What does that have to do with justifiable police shootings being recast as racial oppression?

Oh come on. People would much rather do things legally than illegally. However many "would rather deal drugs" than what? What deals are they passing up on?

Often they see what their society is like, their inner city areas, those around them who never make it. Those who stick to the straight and narrow and end up working in McDonalds. Where are these opportunities they're passing up on?

What does all this have to do with police shootings etc?

People start getting angry when they see no other choice, that's what.

Oh come on. People would much rather do things legally than illegally. However many "would rather deal drugs" than what? What deals are they passing up on?

Often they see what their society is like, their inner city areas, those around them who never make it. Those who stick to the straight and narrow and end up working in McDonalds. Where are these opportunities they're passing up on?

What does all this have to do with police shootings etc?

People start getting angry when they see no other choice, that's what.
Ridiculous. Blacks deal drugs because it can be more lucrative than toiling for an honest buck. Which still has nothing to do with protesting justifiable police shootings as if they were some sort of injustice.

Forum List

Back