Sorry, It's NOT Bush's Fault

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I'm not a Bush apologist, anyone who's read my posts knows that. At the same time, regarding this whole Katrina brouhaha, it was NOT a fed breakdown. Blame the governor and mayor.

What I DO blame the fed for, is the most stupid idea ever, the $2000 ATM card.

http://www.proteinwisdom.com/index.php/weblog/entry/18984/

So many links:

2. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    I just heard they are NOT going to do this...Card.

I have no details.

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Good article. Seems as though politics and posturing made "leaders" to afraid to act and an already raped FEMA was exposed for all to see ( as well as the ghetto mentality of the citizens who had to or decided to stay behind).

4. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Infrequently, even a liberal rag like the NYT will print the truth. I am a bit surprised it wasn't done in the current liberal fashion: yes,blancoandnaginscrewedup,(smallest print possible to indicate insignificance) BUT BUSH IS OUR PRESIDENT. HIS SCREWUP IS WORSE, AND WE SHOULD BE DISCUSSING THAT.

5. MissileMan

MissileMan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    That was the tactic employed by NBC on Dateline Thursday. The kept skipping right over the failings of local and state preparedness and kept bashing the federal response.

I haven't heard anyone ask the important questions like , "Why wasn't there emergency water, food, and medical supplies prepositioned at the Superdome and Convention Center when they knew based on the results of Hurricane Ivan a year earlier that they would have to shelter up to 100,000 people?" Or, "Why didn't Blanco send in every available means of mass transit to evacuate as many people as possible before the storm hit?"

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    A few of us have asked those questions right on this board. But turn on the TV, and you would think Governor Blanco did everything right; if you hear her name at all, that is. That is why I look forward to hearings on this. Let the truth come out. Of course, the MSM will still twist the reportage to suit their lib propoganda needs.

7. move_right

move_right Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I really hope they don't do the debit card. big mistake. I Still don't see how they would ever regulate who gets it anyhow.

let me know if that deal hits the bowl.