Sorry About the Length of this But (Teachers' Unions)

My district does not require teachers to indoctrinate children. It’s in Texas (not Austin) for one thing, so that kind of thing isn’t very popular.

Doesn’t mean we don’t have a few agendized people or people who have fallen for the agenda and don’t get what they are doing.

Just this morning we had a parent meeting with a special ed kid who has behavior issues and his mom had CPS called on her and she blames the school.

Anyway, after mom left, our school psychologist starts talking about how the kid might be autistic “on the spectrum” as it’s now called. That’s often the go to for hard to work with kids. As a behavior teacher, I don’t care what label they have, I apply behavioral psychology, not that cognitive theoretical stuff.

So out of the blue, a district counselor says, “sometimes kids who are unhappy with themselves are actually trans and don’t realize it. When they find out they are trans, they are much happier, because now we can help them to deal with it.”

I said, there is no indication he is trans. He looks and acts like boys used to act before schools feminized them and he has a typical 8th grader’s interest in girls. Teachers wonder why we are suspected of grooming. But, it isn’t the people teaching Math and English Language Arts that are coming up with that. It’s the over educated, letters after name, broken people who took psychology to fix themselves.
Seymour, who is it handing you these agendas ? Is it the union, or do these curriculums originate at the NEA level?

~S~

Texas is not part of "the South" that RW speaks of. Their low scores are the product of demographics, and it's NOT the Trump voters who are dragging average standardized scores down.

There is not a school district in the country that has seen measurably improved standardized test scores as the teacher compensation has risen. When it comes to teachers' unions, they NEVER produce better results...for the STUDENTS.

Prove me wrong.

Bull Shit

States with strong Teacher Unions do better academically
The worst states are those who do not value their teachers

You get what you pay for in education
Non union states have difficulty attracting and keeping good teachers

All of the young teachers I work with have "therapists". Like this is a regular thing. And not a good one. At all.

I say Bullshit
Young teachers saddled with student debt can’t afford therapists

You get what you pay for in education
there's a lotta focus on that, cuz it's the lions share of local taxation

and if you've been to school board meetings, it all comes on out

most of what i hear is not that folks begrudge the expense, it's WHAT is being taught that's constantly contended.

even the teachers seem to agree......

~S~

Texas is not part of "the South" that RW speaks of. Their low scores are the product of demographics, and it's NOT the Trump voters who are dragging average standardized scores down.

There is not a school district in the country that has seen measurably improved standardized test scores as the teacher compensation has risen. When it comes to teachers' unions, they NEVER produce better results...for the STUDENTS.

Prove me wrong.
How about you prove it correct, since you are a self-appointed expert on education?

Last edited:
Seymour, who is it handing you these agendas ? Is it the union, or do these curriculums originate at the NEA level?

~S~
The curriculum in Texas always originates with the Texas school board. They decide year by year on something called TEKS which stands for Texas Essential Knowledge and skills, pronounced teaks. I am pretty sure that is the way it is done in most if not all states. Hypothetically an elected Local School Board has the option to completely ignore the TEKS and teach as they see fit.

The catch is that standardized testing is always based on the state standards in our case the TEKS. Values of people's homes is often affected by the quality of the schools as measured by student performance on State tests. That's why it's called high-stakes testing, something no child should ever be subjected to in my opinion.

A typical item on that list might be "the student will apply Pythagorean theorem to a real life situation." So the standardized test will ask questions like "Johnny could walk from his house to school around the lake by walking 300 ft one way turn right 90° and go 400 ft to the school. If the lake is Frozen Johnny could skate directly across it. How far would the distance he would skate be?

Nothing particularly controversial about that. But if a social studies TEKS were to be the "student will understand how white Americans continue to benefit from white privilege," then questions might be for example "Sally and Jane are the same age and had the same GPA and the same sat score. If Sally is black and Jane is white describe three advantages that Jane had in earning those scores."

Sometimes, though it is local school boards or local principles or even individual teachers, likely heavily swayed by teacher unions and the library association, who will introduce lessons not necessarily aligned with the teks which would also be promoting critical race Theory or trans theory. I'm sure that is more common in texas. The Texas Board is made up of educator so they are liberal, but is Texas so they're more like liberals of the old school and would not include that kind of material.

That is the indoctrination. The Grooming I would say is mainly done by counselors. I don't care if a counselor never had a sexual thought about a student and their whole lives. If they are actively seeking out students to convince a student , or as they might put it help a student to understand that they are trans, that is grooming.

I mentioned a counselor who read an article in Reuters saying that there is a larger percentage of female to male transgenders than male to female transgenders in the childhood and teenage years. That counselor took that as a call to seek out male to female transgender children since they are underrepresented. No Doubt she would think of herself as a hero by "helping these children understand" that they are actually trans not just teenagers going to the typical phase of self-criticism.

A typical item on that list might be "the student will apply Pythagorean theorem to a real life situation." So the standardized test will ask questions like "Johnny could walk from his house to school around the lake by walking 300 ft one way turn right 90° and go 400 ft to the school. If the lake is Frozen Johnny could skate directly across it. How far would the distance he would skate be?

Lakes don’t freeze in Texas
It would be dangerous for Johnny to try to walk across it.

The answer is you can’t skate on water that doesn’t freeze

Forum List

Back