Sooo.....the United States doesn't have the right to know how many illegals are in the US?

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
"A question on the decennial census to note citizenship status does not violate the Constitution, a federal judge ruled earlier today — but it still won’t be on the 2020 form. Judge Jesse Furman issued an order blocking the addition of the question..."

Asking the question is not In-Constitutional...and is not illegal...and we need to know how many illegals in this country...but Democrats are scared to death to actually find out because if the American people learn how many illegals are really in this country it will spell bad news for open-borders Sanctuary City-running Democrats....

Before both side get rolling debating the issue, let me point out that there is not one bad reason for NOT putting the question of legal status in the Census... for the same reason asking what race people are....YOU DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION...OR OTHER QUESTIONS, LOLE LDGAL STATUS if you don't want to.

When I am asked what race I am on forms like the census, I don't mark down that I am Native American. It really isn't any of their business.

So before people start freaking out in this debate, they just need to realize that even if that question was allowed to be in the census people don't have to answer that question if they don't want to.

The government is not going to send an armed Federal Officer to your house and monitor you while you are filling out the census to ensure you answer every question under the threat of shooting you if you don't answer questions like that.

Federal judge: No citizenship question on 2020 census

The court fight is not yet over. This one should go to the USSC. We need to know the US citizen count to allocate congressional districts, not the Mexican migrant count.

The question is designed to scare illegals away from reporting in the census. Haven't you realized that yet? If they actually want a count they need to find another means to do it.

The question is designed to scare illegals away from reporting in the census. Haven't you realized that yet? If they actually want a count they need to find another means to do it.
Opinion.

I personally want to know & think it is imperative for a nation to know who is in their country...

If you are in this country illegally, i really could care less about your feelings.
Criminals should be scared.

Opinion.

I personally want to know & think it is imperative for a nation to know who is in their country...
So what would you do with that information? That's why illegals will not return the form or lie.

If you are in this country illegally, i really could care less about your feelings.
Go back to bed.
Afraid of the truth?
No just bored with you people wallowing in your fear and hatred.

So what would you do with that information? That's why illegals will not return the form or lie.
1st of all, just knowing how many illegals are in this country would have a HUGE impact on everything from the debate / discussion about illegal immigration to the shaping of our policies and laws to being able to economic planning / funding of the government now and in the future...and much more.

Imagine running a household - paying bills, buying groceries, planning, budgeting, etc... Nut you have no clue how many people there are in your home....now multiply that by 10 - 20 million...

Go back to bed.
Afraid of the truth?
No just bored with you people wallowing in your fear and hatred.
Well, you are correct now>
I do fear and hate ILLEGAL aliens. We all should.

1st of all, just knowing how many illegals are in this country would have a HUGE impact on everything from the debate / discussion about illegal immigration to the shaping of our policies and laws to being able to economic planning / funding of the government now and in the future...and much more.

Imagine running a household - paying bills, buying groceries, planning, budgeting, etc... Nut you have no clue how many people there are in your home....now multiply that by 10 - 20 million...

I think it would be to know how many there are, and I have no problem with the question. It was on the census before and nobody freaked out about it back then.

Though for future planning it is the total numbers that matter, not their legal status.

Go back to bed.

He actually has a point. They are here illegally, thus they broke our laws. Why should their feelings matter in a case like this?

giphy.gif

Though for future planning it is the total numbers that matter, not their legal status.
I would disagree with you here in one 'small' way. If we find out, for instance, that 30 million (outrageously over the top, I know) illegals are here and we only thought we had 12 - 17 million that tells me our estimation of how many are coming in illegally would be grossly short and the problem is much worse than we thought.

From a political standpoint I am not sure such a number would be allowed to be released to the public, as the sudden revelation that we have 'twice' as many illegals as we thought we had would have the potential for people to 'go off' - start demanding we 'seal the borders', start rounding up illegals and deporting them, or some CRAZY crap like that......

Who gives a fuck how many migrants are in the US? That is NOT what the census is for. Its for allocating congressional districts and EC votes.

Go back to bed.

He actually has a point. They are here illegally, thus they broke our laws. Why should their feelings matter in a case like this?

You're simply not going to get an accurate number if the undocumented are scared into not reporting. The question on the census has been ruled unconstitutional (thus a moot point) and it's a bad idea anyway because it's not going to give you the information the Republicans claim to want in the first place.

The Judge said the question isn't illegal just that it was added arbitrarily and did not follow the typical procedure. So if I am adding this question, I go back and I follow that procedure and add it in anyways.

Who gives a fuck how many migrants are in the US? That is NOT what the census is for. Its for allocating congressional districts and EC votes.
So long as you don't count illegals and allocate congressional districts using any of those numbers.....it wouldn't matter. So add the questions or make it a felony for an illegal to answer census questions.

Forum List

Back