Something puzzling about how obama received so many votes from Black Americans

He's black and a Democrat. This isn't rocket Science. You could put the leader of the KKK with a hood in his picture and if he's on the ballot as a D, he'd get at least 80% of the Black vote.

Your statement:

"They support the Dems because the Dems will never agree to cut entitlements, only evil Republicans want to do that. Why in the world would they not vote Dem? They're not going to bite the hand that feeds them ... and gives them free phones, free birth control, free, free, free. They are chained to that 'freedom' and therefore vote for that 'freedom'."

Your use of "They" refers to black Obama supporters. So, again, what percentage of black Obama supporters are "fed" by the government?

Exactly, and that's an insult to my relatives who are black. Those relatives include, lawyers, a judge, teachers, small business owners, civil service workers, defense industry employees, DHS employee, college professors, etc.

That's why I tell those bastards to go FUCK THEMSELVES with their inaccurate blanket generalizations. even if the "Black poverty rate" is 25% , that still means that a LARGE MAJORITY of Black people are doing well. In a Barney Frank type of voice: "Bwack unempwoymewent isth 14 perswent." Well motherfucker that must mean that "Black EMPLOYMENT is 86%" you bigoted cocksucker.

I have PLENTY of similar views (barring foreign policy and many social issues) as the republicans, but why would I want to align myself with the arrogant uptight bigots who are the most vocal representatives of their party?

Interesting that both you and Salt Jones completely ignored my post, below.

No. The point you were making was that blacks vote to get free stuff and to be fed by the government. What percentage of blacks are "fed" by the government?

No, the point I was making was that blacks vote for Dem policy rather than the color of the candidate and that blacks on gov assistance will vote for Dem policies because Dems will not cut spending to that assistance. Same for whites or any other on assistance. Not all but most.

Nothing is an insult to your successful black relatives/friends. You and Salt both misunderstand my point.

Historically blacks have voted Dem, both those in poverty and those not. Why? Because they agree with the Dems policies. Blacks in poverty of course will vote Dem -- as will white, green, or purple people in poverty (again most, not all). Why? Because they do not want their free stuff cut off. People, regardless of color, who get free stuff generally don't want to give that up, so those people will continue voting Dem because Reps want to cut entitlement spending and Dems don't. That's the point I was making and that you failed to understand.

The original point I was making is that bigreb is stating that in this election the percent of blacks voting Obama was very high - 95% - higher than in past elections and he claims that's because most voted for Obama because he is black. I disagree because historically blacks have voted Dem, although I have no doubt that there are those who did vote for Obama because he is black and perhaps those are the ones who pushed that percentage up.

Thanks for the clarification, I guess I misread it.

Jesus Christ, Himself, could be running for President on the Republican ticket and Obama on the Democratic ticket and 95% of the blacks would vote for Obama because he is black and a Democrat.

Exactly, and that's an insult to my relatives who are black. Those relatives include, lawyers, a judge, teachers, small business owners, civil service workers, defense industry employees, DHS employee, college professors, etc.

That's why I tell those bastards to go FUCK THEMSELVES with their inaccurate blanket generalizations. even if the "Black poverty rate" is 25% , that still means that a LARGE MAJORITY of Black people are doing well. In a Barney Frank type of voice: "Bwack unempwoymewent isth 14 perswent." Well motherfucker that must mean that "Black EMPLOYMENT is 86%" you bigoted cocksucker.

I have PLENTY of similar views (barring foreign policy and many social issues) as the republicans, but why would I want to align myself with the arrogant uptight bigots who are the most vocal representatives of their party?

Interesting that both you and Salt Jones completely ignored my post, below.

No, the point I was making was that blacks vote for Dem policy rather than the color of the candidate and that blacks on gov assistance will vote for Dem policies because Dems will not cut spending to that assistance. Same for whites or any other on assistance. Not all but most.

Nothing is an insult to your successful black relatives/friends. You and Salt both misunderstand my point.

Historically blacks have voted Dem, both those in poverty and those not. Why? Because they agree with the Dems policies. Blacks in poverty of course will vote Dem -- as will white, green, or purple people in poverty (again most, not all). Why? Because they do not want their free stuff cut off. People, regardless of color, who get free stuff generally don't want to give that up, so those people will continue voting Dem because Reps want to cut entitlement spending and Dems don't. That's the point I was making and that you failed to understand.

The original point I was making is that bigreb is stating that in this election the percent of blacks voting Obama was very high - 95% - higher than in past elections and he claims that's because most voted for Obama because he is black. I disagree because historically blacks have voted Dem, although I have no doubt that there are those who did vote for Obama because he is black and perhaps those are the ones who pushed that percentage up.

Thanks for the clarification, I guess I misread it.

Your welcome and that you for that post. :)

Jesus Christ, Himself, could be running for President on the Republican ticket and Obama on the Democratic ticket and 95% of the blacks would vote for Obama because he is black and a Democrat.

Well, Jesus wouldn't run as a Republican, silly.

Not to go on too much of a tangent but he believed in personal charity, personal responsibility and was not a big fan of taxes. Not sure what party that puts him in. Libertarian maybe.

Not to go on too much of a tangent but he believed in personal charity, personal responsibility and was not a big fan of taxes. Not sure what party that puts him in. Libertarian maybe.

Well, lets see... Fed the hungry. Republicans against foodstamps. Healed the sick. Republicans against healthcare. Said "Render unto Caesar that which is Ceasar's" when asked about taxes. Republicans against taxes (at least for rich people). Jesus was tortured and executed, so probably not a big proponent of capital punishment or torture. Republicans pro torture and capital punishment. Jesus changed the money changers out of the temple. Republicans turning church into big business. Jesus said that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich person to enter the kingdom of heaven. Republicans all about the rich. Jesus said "Blessed are the Peacemakers". Republicans love war and war profiteering.

For a party that is always going around talking about how morally superior they are, the Republicans sure don't follow the example and teachings of Jesus.

If "Jesus Christ, Himself" conducted himself in the same manner as the bigoted white republican talking heads and many of their lemmings here on these forums and in person, they most certainly would. Add "the Latinos", "the Jews", "the Asians", and now the Cuban exile community in Little Havana, who voted for Obama, he would lose too.

LITTLE HAVANA FOR OBAMA

Exit polls indicate that Obama picked up 61 percent of Florida's Hispanic vote to 39 percent for Romney, underscoring the Republican Party's lack of appeal to the country's fastest-growing electoral group.

South Florida's large Cuban-American community, usually a solid Republican voting bloc, also voted for the Democrats in record numbers, according to exit poll data released by the Obama campaign.

Obama won 48 percent of the Cuban-American vote, and upset Romney in Miami's Little Havana district, considered the heart of the Cuban exile community, where a survey of precincts showed Obama won 56 percent of ballots cast.
UPDATE 2-Obama's final win in Florida gives him 332 electoral votes | Reuters

Keep playing your losing game!
:lol:

Well, lets see... Fed the hungry. Republicans against foodstamps. Healed the sick. Republicans against healthcare. Said "Render unto Caesar that which is Ceasar's" when asked about taxes. Republicans against taxes (at least for rich people). Jesus was tortured and executed, so probably not a big proponent of capital punishment or torture. Republicans pro torture and capital punishment. Jesus changed the money changers out of the temple. Republicans turning church into big business. Jesus said that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich person to enter the kingdom of heaven. Republicans all about the rich. Jesus said "Blessed are the Peacemakers". Republicans love war and war profiteering.

For a party that is always going around talking about how morally superior they are, the Republicans sure don't follow the example and teachings of Jesus.

That was funny! :lol:

Guess I missed the part where Jesus was a big proponent of government sponsored food stamps and healthcare. Seemed to me he was all about going out and doing it himself. You know, personal charity through your local organizations. Pretty much the thing that Republicans stand for and Democrats are against. But hey good try.

You left out that Republicans hate vaginas and eat babies.

Fucking moron.

Guess I missed the part where Jesus was a big proponent of government sponsored food stamps and healthcare. Seemed to me he was all about going out and doing it himself. You know, personal charity through your local organizations. Pretty much the thing that Republicans stand for and Democrats are against. But hey good try.

Don't waste your time.. in his world the pilgrims went straight from the Mayflower to the Welfare office.... got a pocket full of wampum to start their lives in the new world.

This is an issue that needs to be addressed and not swept under the dirty rug any longer. How did obama get so many Blacks to support him with unemployment for blacks at 14.1% and obama's giving amnesty to so many illegal immigrates adding more people allowed to work in the U.S.?
I'LL SAY IT, IT'S BECAUSE HE'S BLACK. there is no other explanation for it.

What did the Republican Party have to offer them? How much outreach to the black voter did the Republican Party do?

See here is the problem,they were offered the same as very other American was offered,but somehow still think that they need special things that only Obamma can give them.

We stop counting and labeling people other than US citizen we wouldn't have this disgusting race and class warfare we have in such abundance.

Jesus could work miracles. We can't. Private charity is no where near able to take care of all the sick, hungry, and destitute people. The Republican answer is to let them die. The Democratic answer is to give them a hand up.

Jesus could work miracles. We can't. Private charity is no where near able to take care of all the sick, hungry, and destitute people. The Republican answer is to let them die. The Democratic answer is to give them a hand up.

Jesus was a man. His miracles were the good deeds that he did for the people. Word of mouth turned them into legend. Private charity has been taking care of people for centuries. Government handouts only increases the amount in need. If someone is given a check from a government entity, there is no sense of worth and therefore no incentive to not ask for more. When you receive charity from an actual person who helps you face to face, you become humble and for most people want to improve so that they don't need get a handout again.

Republicans don't want government to be in the business of handouts because the regular people that do the most good have less to give to charity. More people keeping their money makes it so that more private charities can help people. It's a difference of ideals but it doesn't mean that Republicans are evil, hate mongers that want the poor to die.

There have always been 2 sides of politics. Those that want to improve society and those that want to take care of society. Often these ideals have similar goals but very different methods. That is where we stand right now in this country.

This is an issue that needs to be addressed and not swept under the dirty rug any longer. How did obama get so many Blacks to support him with unemployment for blacks at 14.1% and obama's giving amnesty to so many illegal immigrates adding more people allowed to work in the U.S.?
I'LL SAY IT, IT'S BECAUSE HE'S BLACK. there is no other explanation for it.

Yep. That's why. It's because we are all on the Democratic plantation and white liberals are our masters and if we ever forget it we have millions of Republicans/Conservatives to remind us at every turn.:lol:

Well good. I'm glad you told us that because otherwise the overwhelming support of black Americans for Obama and his democrats, given that black Americans are not prospering under an Obama reign, is inexplicable.

And they REALLY would have prospered under Romney?? Is that what you're saying??

But in all seriousness, these edits are just for fun to prove the fucking point.
You don't have a point

The point is you're a willfully dishonest human being. You latch on to a tiny fucking lie and make a super big stand just to try and make somebody else look bad, but in the end you yourself know that you're defending a fucking lie.

That's all you are, and all you ever will be.

A liar. A sleazy ass human being who will be deceptive whenever you think it can stand to gain you a benefit.

Just because you disagree with and are protecting democrats doesn't mean I'm dishonest it just means your wrong and a lying fucking.

Forum List

Back