Something Is Wrong, and It’s Not the Universe

Ding: Why is every object accelerating away from every other object?

FortFun: Because space is expanding.

Ding: Why is space expanding.

FortFun: Because every object is accelerating away from every other object.

Brilliant. :thup:

You literally believe the reason that all objects moving away from all other objects is because space is expanding.
As does the global scientific community. Surely you don't think this is because of hopes and prayers, right?

Expansion isn’t the cause. Expansion was never the cause.
You asked why space is expanding today. And I gave you the correct answer. One component is "momentum" from the inflationary period. But most of the current rate of expansion is due to an unknown cause.

Ding, these are simple, correct answers. You are tripping over yourself to disagree, which is silly.

You literally believe the reason that all objects moving away from all other objects is because space is expanding.
As does the global scientific community. Surely you don't think this is because of hopes and prayers, right?
I’m almost certain that you are the only person who believes space expanding is a cause and not a consequence.

Are you fishing for the answer?

Expansion isn’t the cause. Expansion was never the cause.
You asked why space is expanding today. And I gave you the correct answer. One component is "momentum" from the inflationary period. But most of the current rate of expansion is due to an unknown cause.

Ding, these are simple, correct answers. You are tripping over yourself to disagree, which is silly.
Momentum of inflation? What does that mean exactly?

Walk me through it.

Since you are so knowledgeable about this and all.

You asked why space is expanding today.
I don’t believe I did ask why is space expanding today, FF.

I asked why is space expanding?

I also asked why are all objects accelerating away from each other and your brilliant answer was because space is expanding.

I’m almost certain that you are the only person who believes space expanding is a cause and not a consequence.

Did "for an unknown reason" give it away? Ding, stop prancing and dancing, you fancy little fuck. We don't know why space is expanding. Some of why it is expanding today is because of the inflationary period in the past (it has a defined time). And we don't know why that happened, either. Do you?

Ding: "Why is space expanding?"

Also ding: "I wasn't asking why it is expanding today."

Okay. Glad that's all cleared up, now. Moving on...

Did "for an unknown reason" give it away? Ding, stop prancing and dancing, you fancy little fuck. We don't know why space is expanding. Some of why it is expanding today is because of the inflationary period in the past (it has a defined time). And we don't know why that happened, either.
Space is expanding for the exact same reason it expanded in the first place.

Did "for an unknown reason" give it away? Ding, stop prancing and dancing, you fancy little fuck. We don't know why space is expanding. Some of why it is expanding today is because of the inflationary period in the past (it has a defined time). And we don't know why that happened, either. Do you?

Ding: "Why is space expanding?"

Also ding: "I wasn't asking why it is expanding today."

Okay. Glad that's all cleared up, now. Moving on...
What gave away your fishing for an answer was your asking me if I thought it was expanding because of hopes and prayers while dodging the question.

I assure you that the scientific community understands why the universe is expanding. You want to obscufate the reason for expansion by muddying the waters with the uncertainty of the rate of expansion. It’s the rate of expansion that is debatable. The cause of expansion and the reason that all objects are moving away from each other has never changed.

So, the "Big Bang" is marked by an inflationary period of rapid expansion, which then slowed and stayed slow(er) for quite a while. But, about 4 billion years ago, it started to speed up. We don't know why either of these things happened. And the expansion is accelerating. In about 4 billion years, the furthest galaxies we will start to fall over the cosmic horizon. Obviously, we will be viewing this from a different vantage point, as our Sun will be swelling into a red giant at about that time.Eventually, black holes will come to dominate the whole universe, with no two having any effect on one another.Then our universe will be dark.

You seem to claim quite some knowledge of cosmology.
What background do you have to support your statements?

Most of what you have presented can be gathered from watching ample YouTube videos.

Okay. And the reason is?
What gave away your fishing for an answer was your asking me if I thought it was expanding because of hopes and prayers while dodging the question.
I clearly am telling you that we don't know the answer. You really need to get past this.

Okay. And the reason is?
I clearly am telling you that we don't know the answer. You really need to get past this.
The creation of space and time started as subatomic particles occupying a very tiny space in nearly equal amounts of matter and antimatter. This is not a steady state system. As the matter and antimatter annihilated each other, the resulting energy released from that interaction provided the energy to accelerate the remaining matter which quickly coalesced itself as hydrogen and helium and began forming cosmic structures which continued on their paths.

The universe was created with nearly equal amounts of matter and anr
That's why the universe is expanding? I'm not sure what you meant to say, there.

As the matter and antimatter annihilated each other, the resulting energy released from that interaction provided the energy to accelerate the remaining matter which quickly coalesced itself as hydrogen and helium and began forming cosmic structure which continued on their paths.
Okay. But you can accelerate matter all day, and you have not expanded space. One nanometer of space expanded to 10 light years of space in a tiny fraction of time.

Forum List

Back