Something important that we are losing....

When you start talking about reality, you open yourself to questions about your hold on it.

Name calling, unfortunately, is one of the characteristics of this Board, which will never change.

When you are ready to talk instead of pontificate, go for it. :lol:
onthedl is unreal, so easy to oppose.
What are you referring to, please? Easy to oppose my opinion? That I am weary of lazy name-calling instead of actual adult conversation? Please explain. Here's something that I feel: When a person is name-calling, they have abandoned intelligent conversation in favor of emotional outburst. In an indirect way they are informing you that they are not immediately interested in problem solving, compromise, personal improvement, meaningful debate or mutually beneficial conversation.

OK, since you didn't answer my request to explain your previous and poorly-written comment, I'll proceed to your next comment. When did opinion and a question for others about their opinion become pontificatng? It appears as if you missed the point.

I will save you a post if you think I've only selected a left-insulting person's comments to use as a testament to my political persuasion . As I have clarified already, that person's posts were the last straw for me because dozens of their consecutive posts were solely comprised of name-calling and no other content. I don't respect anybody using that approach in most of their posts.

Hey new poster,

are you on the down low or the disabled list?

seriously though heres the gist of how I see it.

When I first started out in this internets world (series of tubes) I insulted no one.

I tried very hard to be civil yet state the facts.

I was lumped right in with everyone who called names.

The poster Immie like ten years ago acused me of being uncivil and I told him to go check my every post for an insult.

He could find none.

Of course ten years later he says he doesnt remember the incident but that is jsut the continuation of the problem.

I at that point realised cussing and calling names was part of the deal oif no one is willing to give credit for civility.

I love to make up insult names so its fun.

I have since spent two seperate years using no invective.

The forst time was at a site that is owned by Gunnys brother( gunny was a ficture here once).

They banned me because it drove them bat shit insane and they are full of hate.

Then after the Dem in Arizona got a bullet injected into her head after the republicans called for "second amendment remedies" to not winning elections I did a civility experiment for nearly a full year.

Guess what those years of civility got me?

Not one fucking thing.

I was treated WORSE by people on the right because I was seen as weak.

They thought calling me things lile twat would scare me.

The people on the FAR right in this country are not sane.

They are not fair.

they are not civil

they are not smart

they are not trustable

they are not an asset

they are a anchor dragging the bottom of the ocean trying to stop the world from changing for the better.

and they dont like anyone on board the ship which sails above them.

Hell they hate the fucking ship.

They hate government and say its evil.

they hate the people with the wrong colors of skin.

they hate the people on the ship who love each other if they are the wrong sex.

They hate the kids on the ship who have nothing to eat.

They hate the sick people on the ship.

They hate the ships library.

they hate the ships schools.

they hate the teachers on the ship.

They hate the ships logs because they cant change them.

They hate the sceince that created a ship that can float and sail and defy the oceans powers.

Now why am I supposed to stay civil with people like that when its proven they will NEVER be civil themselves.

I spent YEARS trying to get them to be civil.

It is not going to happen.

No con Ive met in my entire life ever respected me in any way whe I was civil to them.

have you ever read such a concoction of shit in your life.....:lol:.....Mother Fuck....:lol:

Every fucking time she posts...

Whether you believe I am a Republican means nothing, Meister. I voted for Romney. If you can't believe that, child, then that is your problem, not mine, not anyone else. We lost the election because the far right could not talk about the economy and shut up about everything else. We lost because of the social values crowd and the extremists. That will not happen again, ever.

You need to grow up.

How? I am willing to listen, Meister.

The bill to extend those cuts will happen, either as part of a deal during lame duck, or the Dems will introduce in the new term and make all of us GOP look real bad.

Who did you vote for, Meister? Show me yours, I will show you mine. Show faith here.

When it comes to politics I have no faith, and you're being silly acting like a conservative Jake, it didn't work a year ago and it's not working now. You don't know how to think like a conservative, so don't try.
My asking about how you voted was a rhetorical question, Jake....we all know who you voted for.
The GOP is asking for a serious talk about spending cuts and Obama wants to kick it down the road, why? He's not serious about it....just like the dems weren't serious about controlling the border back in '86.
The media will play it as GOP obstruction when they are trying to compromise, but, Obama doesn't want to compromise, he doesn't have to when he can dupe the public.

The only people you may or may not be fooling, Jake, are the noobies. Everyone else know exactly who you are.
We need to get a handle on the spending, and you saying that we can do it down the road is so liberal...just proves who you are.
I don't want my taxes to go up, but if that is what it takes to get the spending reduced, so be it. You may not care about the state of affairs of this nation, but I do and am willing to pay the price. You need to start looking at the whole picture and not the instant gratification you're looking for. Time for you to grow up, son.

Meister, your opinion is worthless as are your comments right now.

You are not a conservative, a mere reactionary far to the right with talking, not thinking, points.

Saying that we don't have the votes or the weight right now is truth, which you can't grasp.

Child, either we deal or we go over the fiscal cliff.

You reactionaries are no longer important players.

Whether you believe I am a Republican means nothing, Meister. I voted for Romney. If you can't believe that, child, then that is your problem, not mine, not anyone else. We lost the election because the far right could not talk about the economy and shut up about everything else. We lost because of the social values crowd and the extremists. That will not happen again, ever.

You need to grow up.

When it comes to politics I have no faith, and you're being silly acting like a conservative Jake, it didn't work a year ago and it's not working now. You don't know how to think like a conservative, so don't try.
My asking about how you voted was a rhetorical question, Jake....we all know who you voted for.
The GOP is asking for a serious talk about spending cuts and Obama wants to kick it down the road, why? He's not serious about it....just like the dems weren't serious about controlling the border back in '86.
The media will play it as GOP obstruction when they are trying to compromise, but, Obama doesn't want to compromise, he doesn't have to when he can dupe the public.

The only people you may or may not be fooling, Jake, are the noobies. Everyone else know exactly who you are.
We need to get a handle on the spending, and you saying that we can do it down the road is so liberal...just proves who you are.
I don't want my taxes to go up, but if that is what it takes to get the spending reduced, so be it. You may not care about the state of affairs of this nation, but I do and am willing to pay the price. You need to start looking at the whole picture and not the instant gratification you're looking for. Time for you to grow up, son.

I am not far right or a social values reactionary, you are 100% right.

I am a solid mainstream Republican saying the whole time here the social values folks would lose the election with their hate. That is true.

Honest Jake, I think you may be more liberal than I am.

I am not far right or a social values reactionary, you are 100% right.

I am a solid mainstream Republican saying the whole time here the social values folks would lose the election with their hate. That is true.

Honest Jake, I think you may be more liberal than I am.

A solid mainstream republican that advocates impeaching Obama...really? Sounds more like a liberal trying to play the part of a mainstream republican. I'm not the only one who thinks this, Jake...no hard feelings but...

Meister goofs along in reacting, offering nothing but blather. The hard core sillies on the far right cannot stand me, which means I am standing right where I should, for the good of America.

Meister goofs along in reacting, offering nothing but blather. The hard core sillies on the far right cannot stand me, which means I am standing right where I should, for the good of America.

Yet, you are willing to overlook spending cuts. That's damn conservative of you. :lol:

Nice try....but it won't fly with anyone who knows your postings.

I wonder who partisan ideologues hate more, the "other side", or those from their own "side" who make them look in the mirror now and then.

I think honesty is what I look for in a poster, I haven't seen it yet with the way Jake has been posting lately. Jake is not a conservative, moderate or otherwise.

Meister is flatly dishonest. You are held to a higher standard, Meister. That is just the way it is, you and me.

I told you guys that if you cost us the election, we would come after the far right, the social values wacks, and the libertarians, in the party.

The posse is on the way.

I would love to see a significant improvement in the civility and maturity of our conversations, but I've long since resigned myself to the fact that it just ain't gonna happen.

Definitely appreciate the sentiment, though!

Mac, I have seen you have some pretty good threads, however any decent conversations contained therein have been conversations with those that identify themselves as Indy or Liberal.

How you gonna have a meaningful discussion with the likes of a stephanie or a rottweiler, matthew? or any of the other half brained people on this board?

There is nothing good that comes with the attitude of; it's my way or the highway. And that is the attitude the right wingers seem to have.

Well you're not going to get civil discourse when you call out only opposition names. Most of the trolls here are Libs and that's factual.

Oh? That's an amusing supposition.

Honey, I am not answerable to you at all for my party position or my beliefs.

You don't like it, tough beans.

My positions are mainstream Republican.

The far right extremists, social values right wing statists big government types, and libertarians are not "conservatives". You have been told that if you cost us the election, the mainstream would come after you. You see it coming. The posse is on the way.

Jake, I have never, not once, seen you take a conservative position. Every single post you make you feel the need to let everyone know you're "a republican", right before you then go off on all that is wrong with conservatives.:rolleyes:

No one is buying it.

Honey, I am not answerable to you at all for my party position or my beliefs.

You don't like it, tough beans.

My positions are mainstream Republican.

The far right extremists, social values right wing statists big government types, and libertarians are not "conservatives". You have been told that if you cost us the election, the mainstream would come after you. You see it coming. The posse is on the way.

Jake, I have never, not once, seen you take a conservative position. Every single post you make you feel the need to let everyone know you're "a republican", right before you then go off on all that is wrong with conservatives.:rolleyes:

No one is buying it.

Mainstream republicans (like yourself :lol:) want to impeach Obama? That's what you stated yesterday. Sounds more like a liberal trying to act like he knows what a conservative might think. You can't pull it off, sonny....you just can't think like a conservative. Like I said....you are fooling nobody, and your posse has left the building.

PS....main stream conservatives want the spending to go unchecked....really? I laugh at you, son

Meister, you gobble like a turkey. I have said that we should cut a deal if we can. If Obama will not deal, and if Boehner is right in saying that BHO will not give anything worthwhile in guaranteed cuts (including entitlements) in return for what he wants, then I think the fiscal cliff is acceptable.

Remember, your far right does not have the votes anymore. You will go along with the party mainstream if you stay in the party.

Forum List

Back