Something I Never Understood About Blacks In Regards To The N-word

Why do black people give white people so much power in regards to the N-word. It's just a word so why act angry and allow white people to control their emotions? That's why white people love using it because of how black people instantly become upset. When will a black person hear that word and laugh? 2064?
Why does the use or non-use of such a word bother you?

Possibly seeking justification for using it,
He is black. What's next? Calling him an uncle tom like Bill Cosby?

Pretty much his comment sounds like he is kissing the ass of white people. The argument I have heard ranges from "you cant really change the poisonous meaning of that word by changing the spelling" to "what will white people think?" Personally i dont care what white people may think about what I call my Black friends. I respect other Black people that say they would rather not hear it but I do use it with my Black friends.

That's nice. (said sarcastically).
You want to fight for the wrong reasons, and for stupid reasons. STOP USING THE WORD YOURSELF. Maybe everyone else would too. But you wouldn't like that much would you? You LIKE being angry.

White folks don't run around calling their friends cracker and honky. Why do you guys call yourselves n*igger? Cuz you can while waggling your finger at non blacks THAT you can?

No. I don't have to stop using the word unless someone Black tells me its offensive to them. When they do I will respect that. You evidently dont know what you are talking about. White people made up the n word not black people. Why didn't whites stop using it if we didn't use it then? Your theory is pretty flawed. White people need to learn how to control themselves. Take ownership of that stop wishing you can use a word that is offensive coming from you.

Some white folks do run around calling their friends cracker and honky. Do you live under a rock? I dont call my self n*gger. Maybe your hearing is impaired. Black people dont usually say that word. We may call ourselves and friends n*gga. Different word with a different meaning among Black people. I dont waggle my finger at anyone. Why would I do that? I'm not their mom. They use the words around me and they are going to get a foot in their ass though.
OIC. Now it's ok to say N*gga. Because it's different than n*gger. But negro is bad cuz...well...cuz y'all decided it was bad. Even though it is used in associations for blacks.
You just make up the rules as you go along, dontcha?
Your reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking. I didn't say whites call themselves cracker and honky. I said we don't go around calling our friends ....oh..hang on..gotta get the right spelling.....crack'a and honka'. Big difference, ya know.

Duh.

Why do black people give white people so much power in regards to the N-word. It's just a word so why act angry and allow white people to control their emotions? That's why white people love using it because of how black people instantly become upset. When will a black person hear that word and laugh? 2064?

Pretty much his comment sounds like he is kissing the ass of white people. The argument I have heard ranges from "you cant really change the poisonous meaning of that word by changing the spelling" to "what will white people think?" Personally i dont care what white people may think about what I call my Black friends. I respect other Black people that say they would rather not hear it but I do use it with my Black friends.
Of course it sounds like an uncle tom kissing a whities ass. It suits your ANGER mode, doesn't it?
You have shown over and over and over again your stance. You are no better than that asswipe cultershakerwhateverthefuckhisnameis. You both are from the same cloth. Except one side is white and the other black.

You want to fight for the wrong reasons, and for stupid reasons. STOP USING THE WORD YOURSELF. Maybe everyone else would too. But you wouldn't like that much would you? You LIKE being angry.

White folks don't run around calling their friends cracker and honky. Why do you guys call yourselves n*igger? Cuz you can while waggling your finger at non blacks THAT you can?

No. I don't have to stop using the word unless someone Black tells me its offensive to them. When they do I will respect that. You evidently dont know what you are talking about. White people made up the n word not black people. Why didn't whites stop using it if we didn't use it then? Your theory is pretty flawed. White people need to learn how to control themselves. Take ownership of that stop wishing you can use a word that is offensive coming from you.

Some white folks do run around calling their friends cracker and honky. Do you live under a rock? I dont call my self n*gger. Maybe your hearing is impaired. Black people dont usually say that word. We may call ourselves and friends n*gga. Different word with a different meaning among Black people. I dont waggle my finger at anyone. Why would I do that? I'm not their mom. They use the words around me and they are going to get a foot in their ass though.
OIC. Now it's ok to say N*gga. Because it's different than n*gger. But negro is bad cuz...well...cuz y'all decided it was bad. Even though it is used in associations for blacks.
You just make up the rules as you go along, dontcha?
Your reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking. I didn't say whites call themselves cracker and honky. I said we don't go around calling our friends ....oh..hang on..gotta get the right spelling.....crack'a and honka'. Big difference, ya know.

Duh.

I don't understand your inability to comprehend simple respect. Its never ok for you unless a Black person gives you permission to use it with them. As a white person using any form of n*gga, n*gger, or negro is offensive. Dont do it or you are going to cause animosity in most cases. If you dont care about being offensive then stop asking me dumb questions.

I think you are either tired, high, or dumber than I thought. I know what you said. How did you miss the word "friend" in my response to your claim white people don't run around calling their friends cracker or honky? I've heard it plenty of times on the basketball court.

Of course it sounds like an uncle tom kissing a whities ass. It suits your ANGER mode, doesn't it?
You have shown over and over and over again your stance. You are no better than that asswipe cultershakerwhateverthefuckhisnameis. You both are from the same cloth. Except one side is white and the other black.

I told you before I'm not angry. I was as a teenager but got over it. I enjoy what I have built for myself and dont have any room to be walk around angry. I dont know exactly who you are talking about but your buddies that initiated you into storm front a while back are better candidates for who you are looking for. If you take my uncomprimising stance as racist thats your burden to bear. Sorry but I cant help you out with your turmoil by bending to your wishes for me to be compliant.

I don't have buddies at SF. I don't go there because they are all probably like cultwhateverhisnameis. I am also not on the rag, nor menopausal, nor dumb. I am fed up with double standards and bullshit. If I am called a racist for that, then that ain't my problem. It's the problem of whomever frowns on someone being fed up. Which I am.
You cannot expect respect when you yourself use the same term you CLAIM is disrespectful. I don't go around calling black folks n*gger. I was raised to know better. It is not a term I like. I also don't like hearing black folks use it towards each other. It is disrespectful. But ..and that is a BIG but....they use it themselves and expect whitey to grovel. Ain't gonna happen with me. Why? Because I Am Fed Up. I guess in your world, being Fed Up means one belongs to Storm Front and wears a white hooded sheet. Ok. Whatever.
I WILL call someone a negro. And I don't give a rats ass how pissed off they may get. Normally I use Black as the term. But I do use it towards you (twice I think) because I know you don't like it. Good. I'm glad I have that power over you as the OP states.
When blacks stop using n*gga...then I am pretty sure others will follow suit. Until then...deal with it. Or not. That is completely up to you.
And no..you have NOT gotten over it. You are still angry and will always be angry. It shows in your posts. So let whitey control you. That's YOUR choice. I have no intentions of being compliant to your own demands that are hypocritical and is a double standard. Again..deal with it.

I don't have buddies at SF. I don't go there because they are all probably like cultwhateverhisnameis. I am also not on the rag, nor menopausal, nor dumb. I am fed up with double standards and bullshit. If I am called a racist for that, then that ain't my problem. It's the problem of whomever frowns on someone being fed up. Which I am.
You cannot expect respect when you yourself use the same term you CLAIM is disrespectful. I don't go around calling black folks n*gger. I was raised to know better. It is not a term I like. I also don't like hearing black folks use it towards each other. It is disrespectful. But ..and that is a BIG but....they use it themselves and expect whitey to grovel. Ain't gonna happen with me. Why? Because I Am Fed Up. I guess in your world, being Fed Up means one belongs to Storm Front and wears a white hooded sheet. Ok. Whatever.
I WILL call someone a negro. And I don't give a rats ass how pissed off they may get. Normally I use Black as the term. But I do use it towards you (twice I think) because I know you don't like it. Good. I'm glad I have that power over you as the OP states.
When blacks stop using n*gga...then I am pretty sure others will follow suit. Until then...deal with it. Or not. That is completely up to you.
And no..you have NOT gotten over it. You are still angry and will always be angry. It shows in your posts. So let whitey control you. That's YOUR choice. I have no intentions of being compliant to your own demands that are hypocritical and is a double standard. Again..deal with it.

Gracie, Blacks take supposed offense at the word n*gger for two reasons. Firstly, they don't like being reminded of their race's servitude (which is understandable). Secondly, but more importantly, they see it as an opportunity to profit from being offended. They get all 'upset' because they think it will strengthen their case. For instance, you won't see the same reaction from a Black person if an Asian used a racially-charged epithet because they can't associate Asians with slavery, so there's less likelihood of Blacks profiting from being so offended.

First what all of you need to understand is that N*gger and N*gga are the same word but at the same time different. I know you are asking how is that possible and I'm going to tell you. First of all the word N*gger was used as a demeaning term by whites towards blacks during the times of slavery and the Jim Crow era. At some point some blacks began to use it in front of white people to show that the word has no power. This was used a retaliatory mind game of sorts. As time went along the word itself changed into N*igga because of the dialect of how people talked not to actually change the word itself. The use of N*gga became a word of endearment between black people because the more they used it the less it would affect them. Over the last 50 years or so many blacks have been against any form of the word because the word N*gga is now perceived as a black person who acts like they are not trying to better themselves or anyone else around for that matter. The problem with that now is that many other races no longer hide their "N*ggas" from the world but no one else has a word like that associated with their race other than blacks. A similar phrase for whites in this situation would be Trailer Park Trash but you aren't going to hear white people say that to each other. But you will hear them call each other "N*gga" in todays society and some blacks feel like those few "non-blacks" who use that term are taking something away from black people. At this point everyone gets caught up in the whole "er" "a" thing but anyone who hears how either word is used can clearly tell the intent of the person saying the word.

Blacks say the word nigga as opposed to ****** because they speak broken English. The meaning is the same. The same way they say polelice instead of police. Now I admit they often times use nigga as a term of endearment, but a lot times they don't. You could deny that as much as you want, like you deny blacks are statistically more violent than whites, but that's not going to change the reality.

Gracie, Blacks take supposed offense at the word n*gger for two reasons. Firstly, they don't like being reminded of their race's servitude (which is understandable). Secondly, but more importantly, they see it as an opportunity to profit from being offended. They get all 'upset' because they think it will strengthen their case. For instance, you won't see the same reaction from a Black person if an Asian used a racially-charged epithet because they can't associate Asians with slavery, so there's less likelihood of Blacks profiting from being so offended.
Meh. It's just used as another excuse so they can stay angry. And they can even be angry at other blacks too, by calling them uncle toms if they don't shuck and jive (that's probably racist too) with other Angry Blacks. In short...black people cannot have a mind of their own and speak out against obvious hypocrisy because then they, too, are labeled "whitey pleasers".
Pffffffffffffffft

Meh. It's just used as another excuse so they can stay angry. And they can even be angry at other blacks too, by calling them uncle toms if they don't shuck and jive (that's probably racist too) with other Angry Blacks. In short...black people cannot have a mind of their own and speak out against obvious hypocrisy because then they, too, are labeled "whitey pleasers".
Pffffffffffffffft

It's a culture of anti-intellectualism. A lot of Black people gauge how Black their peers are by their intellect. If they value and express an intellect they aren't considered Black or "down". It appears to be rooted in envy and mistrust, but it's ultimately counter-productive seeing as they live in a White culture and to progress they have to adopt mannerisms and an attitude the majority are comfortable with and can relate to.

Blacks say the word nigga as opposed to ****** because they speak broken English. The meaning is the same. The same way they say polelice instead of police. Now I admit they often times use nigga as a term of endearment, but a lot times they don't. You could deny that as much as you want, like you deny blacks are statistically more violent than whites, but that's not going to change the reality.

Thats a pretty retarded post. I speak flawless English and I say nigga to my homies. The meaning is not the same. As a person that is not in my head what makes you think you can tell me what I mean when I say the word? Are you claiming to be a mind reader now?

Pffffffffffffffft

It's a culture of anti-intellectualism. A lot of Black people gauge how Black their peers are by their intellect. If they value and express an intellect they aren't considered Black or "down". It appears to be rooted in envy and mistrust, but it's ultimately counter-productive seeing as they live in a White culture and to progress they have to adopt mannerisms and an attitude the majority are comfortable with and can relate to.

Clowns like you never know what you are talking about. I love learning and intellectualism. There are many intelligent people in the ghetto. You dont get the uncle tom label by being smart. You get it by acting in a manner that kisses up to white people. Intellectualism is admired in Black culture and always has been. Only a fool would make a claim like you did.in this post.

Pffffffffffffffft

Clowns like you never know what you are talking about. I love learning and intellectualism. There are many intelligent people in the ghetto. You dont get the uncle tom label by being smart. You get it by acting in a manner that kisses up to white people. Intellectualism is admired in Black culture and always has been. Only a fool would make a claim like you did.in this post.

Ding ding ding!!!

You are just an asshole troll asswipedus.

Thats a pretty retarded post. I speak flawless English and I say nigga to my homies. The meaning is not the same. As a person that is not in my head what makes you think you can tell me what I mean when I say the word? Are you claiming to be a mind reader now?

Come on man, just stop it. I don't have to be a mind reader to understand the broken culture. I hate it when people claim black culture is some mystical, complicated thing that whites will just never understand, when what goes on is obvious to anyone with a brain. It's a joke. "Do something nigga", "nigga you ain't shit", "I'll fuck you up nigga", that's what I heard from black people growing up in my neighborhood. The word has a negative connotation. Sure the word is also used to say male and sometimes is also used a term of endearment, but all in all, blacks using the word all time is another symptom of a broken culture. If you cared about black people as much as you say you do, you would discourage the use of the word, instead of posting the stupid shit you post.

Come on man, just stop it. I don't have to be a mind reader to understand the broken culture. I hate it when people claim black culture is some mystical, complicated thing that whites will just never understand, when what goes on is obvious to anyone with a brain. It's a joke. "Do something nigga", "nigga you ain't shit", "I'll fuck you up nigga", that's what I heard from black people growing up in my neighborhood. The word has a negative connotation. Sure the word is also used to say male and sometimes is also used a term of endearment, but all in all, blacks using the word all time is another symptom of a broken culture. If you cared about black people as much as you say you do, you would discourage the use of the word, instead of posting the stupid shit you post.

You may hate it and I agree its not complicated. However, white people seem to have a hard time understanding it. Any word can be used in a negative context. You just used some examples you have heard from ignorant people. I dont discourage the word because its also used in a positive context. The last thing I would do is stop using it because white people are upset that they couldn't use it. To me that doesn't make sense. If I am not using it in reference to you then you should mind your own business and not attempt to dictate to me what I should or should not say. White people don't have that level of authority in my life.

The "n" word? Please, Why are we, a liberal country, afraid to utter a word used by the very people that themselves use IT to extremes? Ever read Samuel Clemens, AKA Mark Twain, he used the "N' word all the time. I hear blacks call each other the "n" word all the time. So, I will say it here too. Grow up people. N I G G E R. SO?

Last edited:

You may hate it and I agree its not complicated. However, white people seem to have a hard time understanding it. Any word can be used in a negative context. You just used some examples you have heard from ignorant people. I dont discourage the word because its also used in a positive context. The last thing I would do is stop using it because white people are upset that they couldn't use it. To me that doesn't make sense. If I am not using it in reference to you then you should mind your own business and not attempt to dictate to me what I should or should not say. White people don't have that level of authority in my life.

It just another example of you ignoring the negative aspects of black culture. Black people calling each other nigga is certainly not positive or begin. These things contribute to the kind of results we see. The sad thing is things can change, and you as a black person have more power than me as white to help remedy the situation, but u want to make excuses for and ignore the real problems.

Really? I can't use it cuz I'm white? So sorry, n*gga...that dog don't hunt.

It just another example of you ignoring the negative aspects of black culture. Black people calling each other nigga is certainly not positive or begin. These things contribute to the kind of results we see. The sad thing is things can change, and you as a black person have more power than me as white to help remedy the situation, but u want to make excuses for and ignore the real problems.

I disagree. I just told you I use it referencing my friends. There is no situation to remedy. We don't have a problem with using it. It seems as if you have a problem with us using it. If you are not Black why is it bothering you? The only sensible answer is you cannot stand the fact that your opinion is meaningless in the debate.

Forum List

Back