Someone please tell me why a state sheriff would pull over a moped in South Carolina?

This thread is absolutely stupid. I've owned one of these "mopeds" and it has no pedals. It's a scooter. Mine looked like a 50, but was a 125 capable of 59mph with no wind.

Who the hell knows why he was pulled over but better yet, WHO THE FUCK CARES?

Uhm because one it looks ridiculous compared to all the other worth while things a sheriff could be doing

Two it's a damn sheriff I don't even pay attention to them on the roads 99% of the time they don't bother with traffic laws.

This thread is absolutely stupid. I've owned one of these "mopeds" and it has no pedals. It's a scooter. Mine looked like a 50, but was a 125 capable of 59mph with no wind.

Again a picture says a thousand words... Like seriously when have anyone ever seen a cop pull over a moped?

Just witnessed this, in South Carolina they can only do 30 mph, don't need a drivers license, don't need insurance...

Guess it was driving while black..
Your ignorance and intellectual dishonesty are astounding.

First of all, you do need a valid driver's license to ride a moped. Furthermore, your unsupported assertion that he was pulled over for being black is ridiculous. There is no law that prohibits blacks from driving, jackass.

You moron I live here you don't need a license to drive a moped under 50cc.
Moron? :lol:

My IQ is 158. That's borderline genius territory. You might want to consider that before you respond to my posts.

South Carolina DMV

Moped
Class G - Moped License
If you are 14 years old, you may apply for a license to operate a moped by taking the vision and knowledge test. If you are at least 15 years old and have a driver's license, you do not have to have a moped license to operate a moped.

Hey jackass, looks like you're the ignorant moron.

Just witnessed this, in South Carolina they can only do 30 mph, don't need a drivers license, don't need insurance...

First of all, you do need a valid driver's license to ride a moped. Furthermore, your unsupported assertion that he was pulled over for being black is ridiculous. There is no law that prohibits blacks from driving, jackass.

My IQ is 158. That's borderline genius territory. You might want to consider that before you respond to my posts.

South Carolina DMV

Moped
Class G - Moped License
If you are 14 years old, you may apply for a license to operate a moped by taking the vision and knowledge test. If you are at least 15 years old and have a driver's license, you do not have to have a moped license to operate a moped.

Effective July 1, 2017, mopeds must be registered with the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles. Currently, mopeds aren't classified as "motor vehicles." Therefore, drivers are not required to have a license and are not subject to DUI laws.

George Massey, a longtime moped driver, said the new requirement is needed.

"A lot of these (moped drivers) have been drinking and stuff, then they try to get on a moped and they're having wrecks," Massey said.

In addition to the registration requirement, moped drivers who don't have a regular driver's license must obtain a special moped operator's license.

They will also be required to wear reflective vests. Drivers and passengers under 21 will be required to wear helmets.

New SC law requires moped registration, licensing

Again...

Moron.

You moron I live here you don't need a license to drive a moped under 50cc

But you do need a helmet, which he clearly doesn't have.

Only if he is under 21.

Don't sheriffs have better things to do around here and it was near Clemson university..

View attachment 119638

Maybe the break lights were out, or turn signal didn't work etc.

Only if he is under 21.
He looks like he might be. Won't know for sure unless you pull him over. He certainly doesn't look old.

Don't sheriffs have better things to do around here and it was near Clemson university..

View attachment 119638
I was pulled over as a 10 year old, blonde haired, blue eyed kid on my bicycle. I ran a stop sign, so a cop pulled me over. Being pulled over happens to EVERYONE!

Uhm because one it looks ridiculous compared to all the other worth while things a sheriff could be doing

Two it's a damn sheriff I don't even pay attention to them on the roads 99% of the time they don't bother with traffic laws.
Actually, the police car in the pic is state highway patrol, not sheriff.

South Carolina DMV

Moped
Class G - Moped License

Effective July 1, 2017, mopeds must be registered with the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles. Currently, mopeds aren't classified as "motor vehicles." Therefore, drivers are not required to have a license and are not subject to DUI laws.

George Massey, a longtime moped driver, said the new requirement is needed.

"A lot of these (moped drivers) have been drinking and stuff, then they try to get on a moped and they're having wrecks," Massey said.

In addition to the registration requirement, moped drivers who don't have a regular driver's license must obtain a special moped operator's license.

They will also be required to wear reflective vests. Drivers and passengers under 21 will be required to wear helmets.

New SC law requires moped registration, licensing

Again...

Moron.
You cited Tim Waller, whoever the fuck that is. I cited the law.
Tim Waller is just as wrong as the OP. You must have googled and googled until you found an article that was wrong. That's a moronic thing to do. I had already given you fair warning that my IQ is 158, but you were too stupid to heed that warning. Now you've embarrassed yourself again.

Here's the actual law on the books, moron.

Chapter 1 - DRIVER'S LICENSE
Section 56-1-1720 - Licensing requirement; minimum age; violations and penalties.

Universal Citation: SC Code § 56-1-1720 (2012)

Until January 1, 1987, no person under the age of twelve may operate a moped on the public highways and streets of this State. After December 31, 1986, to operate a moped on the public highways and streets of this State, a person must possess a valid driver's license issued under Article 1 of this chapter or a valid moped operator's license issued under this article, except that a person whose driver's license has been suspended for a period of six months or less is not required to obtain a moped operator's license or possess a valid driver's license during the period of suspension. From January 1, 1987, to December 31, 1987, the Department shall not issue a moped operator's license to any person who is less than thirteen years of age. After December 31, 1987, the Department of Motor Vehicles shall not issue a moped operator's license to any person who is less than fourteen years of age.
[/color]
2012 South Carolina Code of Laws :: Title 56 - Motor Vehicles :: Chapter 1 - DRIVER'S LICENSE :: Section 56-1-1720 - Licensing requirement; minimum age; violations and penalties.

You should listen to people who are much more intelligent than yourself. It will increase your learning ability.

Last edited:

View attachment 119638

no helmet
report if the scooter at the scene of .....
suspect wanted ....
driving recklessly ....
not signalling ....

Thanks for showing us what a filthy prick you are. From now on you will be treated as such.

Yeah right, slick. Imbeciles don't have high IQs. That's why they're imbeciles.

I had already gave you fair warning that my IQ is 158, but you were too stupid to heed that warning. Now you've embarrassed yourself again.

IQ 158 and can't construct a proper sentence. You might consider a reassessment. LOL

From what I've gathered, there is a moped license in SC. If a person does not have a usual driver's license, they do need a moped license. The license seems to be easier to obtain, not requiring a driving test, just an eye and written test.

http://www.scdmvonline.com/DMVNew/forms/mopeds.pdf

As to the OP, there's no way to tell why that person was pulled over. For that matter, I don't know that you can tell that it is a moped and not a scooter. There are many, many reasons that driver may have been pulled over.

Thanks for showing us what a filthy prick you are. From now on you will be treated as such.
Your concession that I am correct is respectfully accepted.

Forum List

Back