someone has quoted you...

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017
only they quoted someone else in a convo i'm also in. not me directly.

is there a way to turn these notifications off and have it tell me ONLY when *i* am the one being quoted/replied to?

i just come back and see 20 alerts and none are really aimed at me, i'm just in the convo. takes a bit to clear those out and try to catch up on conversations i'm involved in.

When you reply to a particular post, delete everything except the post you are replying to. That way only the post you replied to will show (along with your reply) when you post your reply. Works for me anyway.

When you reply to a particular post, delete everything except the post you are replying to. That way only the post you replied to will show (along with your reply) when you post your reply. Works for me anyway.

That's a good idea and I do that sometimes but sometimes it's a PITA to do that, depending on how long the other posts are or how many there are, and if you are in a heated discussion, who has the time to do that? Then you might lose your train of thought!

That's a good idea and I do that sometimes but sometimes it's a PITA to do that, depending on how long the other posts are or how many there are, and if you are in a heated discussion, who has the time to do that? Then you might lose your train of thought!
Just highlight the text you want to respond to and use the add quote function. No pain.

only they quoted someone else in a convo i'm also in. not me directly.

is there a way to turn these notifications off and have it tell me ONLY when *i* am the one being quoted/replied to?

You are trying to fix holiday fruitcake. Many have tried, we still have fruitcake. ONE fruitcake and it gets mailed to everyone in turn.

When it's your turn and you get it just hammer in some nails and send it on to the next person. Bad things happen if you break the chain.

Just highlight the text you want to respond to and use the add quote function. No pain.

It is though when you lack patience. :lol: Do you think I got 70,000 posts by posting carefully and taking my time? Hell no! I post like a maniac. :eusa_dance:

yea, i saw that the other day and forgot. the REPLY shows up when you highlight the txt - i'll start doing that.

thanks!

It is though when you lack patience. :lol: Do you think I got 70,000 posts by posting carefully and taking my time? Hell no! I post like a maniac. :eusa_dance:
she's a maniac MANIAC!!!! and she's posting like she's never posted before!!! :)

yea, i saw that the other day and forgot. the REPLY shows up when you highlight the txt - i'll start doing that.

thanks!

Well do it then because you just quoted me! :rolleyes:

It takes just a second to delete all the useless blather so my 'train' stays on it's rails.

It takes just a second to delete all the useless blather so my 'train' stays on it's rails.

I don't know about that. Some people tend to post novels, if you know what I mean.

I don't know about that. Some people tend to post novels, if you know what I mean.
tl;dr

Yeah, I have no patience for posts that are novels. Typically, the more they post the less they comprehend on the subject.

Forum List

Back