‘Somebody’s Lying’: Jonathan Turley Says Congress Should Start ‘Bringing People In’ For Answers In Biden Probe

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

‘Somebody’s Lying’: Jonathan Turley Says Congress Should Start ‘Bringing People In’ For Answers In Biden Probe​

26 Jun 2023 ~~ By Harold Hutchinson

Jonathan Turley said Monday that “somebody’s lying” about whether U.S. Attorney David Weiss was prevented by the Justice Department from seeking felony charges against Hunter Biden.
Republicans on the House Ways and Means Committee released transcripts Thursday of depositions from Internal Revenue Service (IRS) whistleblowers who said Attorney General Merrick Garland and IRS Commissioner Danny Werfel lied to Congress about interference with the Hunter Biden probe. The whistleblowers said Weiss sought special counsel status and was denied permission to file felony charges against Biden in the District of Columbia and in California.
“The different accounts that we’ve heard about what happened in this investigation cannot be reconciled,” Turley told “America Reports” co-host Sandra Smith. “Somebody’s lying, and there is real criminal and impeachable conduct that could be raised and that means Congress’ power is at its apex, and they can move forward and it needs to move forward and it has a full array of powers to do that with.”

Commentary:
Why isn't this being given the wall to wall, daily hearings, all TV channel attention and coverage that the Watergate investigation had. This corruption and investigation makes Nixon's look like small potatoes in comparison.
I hope our system of law saves itself ultimately but first the balance of terror must be leveled out. It’s always been the case that the time and space for a peaceful society must be carved out with deadly violence.

‘Somebody’s Lying’: Jonathan Turley Says Congress Should Start ‘Bringing People In’ For Answers In Biden Probe​

Jonathan Turley said Monday that “somebody’s lying” about whether U.S. Attorney David Weiss was prevented by the Justice Department from seeking felony charges against Hunter Biden.
Republicans on the House Ways and Means Committee released transcripts Thursday of depositions from Internal Revenue Service (IRS) whistleblowers who said Attorney General Merrick Garland and IRS Commissioner Danny Werfel lied to Congress about interference with the Hunter Biden probe. The whistleblowers said Weiss sought special counsel status and was denied permission to file felony charges against Biden in the District of Columbia and in California.
“The different accounts that we’ve heard about what happened in this investigation cannot be reconciled,” Turley told “America Reports” co-host Sandra Smith. “Somebody’s lying, and there is real criminal and impeachable conduct that could be raised and that means Congress’ power is at its apex, and they can move forward and it needs to move forward and it has a full array of powers to do that with.”

Commentary:
Why isn't this being given the wall to wall, daily hearings, all TV channel attention and coverage that the Watergate investigation had. This corruption and investigation makes Nixon's look like small potatoes in comparison.
I hope our system of law saves itself ultimately but first the balance of terror must be leveled out. It’s always been the case that the time and space for a peaceful society must be carved out with deadly violence.
You shitheads are always wondering why nothing turns out how you think it should. It's because you're stupid, ignorant, and mentally ill

Commentary:
I agree that “somebody’s lying “, just not who that somebody(s) would be.

Commentary:

Um, why? The end of the day, the only thing Hunter was really guilty of filing his taxes late. Something that thousands of people do every year and they just end up paying a fine.

A Special Prosecutor should be to investigate high officials. Hunter Biden is a private citizen. If he hadn't been the President's son, there probably wouldn't be an investigation at all.

Um, why? The end of the day, the only thing Hunter was really guilty of filing his taxes late. Something that thousands of people do every year and they just end up paying a fine.

A Special Prosecutor should be to investigate high officials. Hunter Biden is a private citizen. If he hadn't been the President's son, there probably wouldn't be an investigation at all.
If you, or I are late with $1,000 bucks in taxes, we’re threatened with confiscation, and jail. Yet, you think Hunter, owing over $1 million should be left alone?

As far as we know to date Turley's article, like all things he has done for years, is well crafted horseshit designed to ingratiate himself with right wing media and conservatives.

What has Weiss said so far? In a June 7 letter to Judiciary Committee Chair Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), Weiss vowed that the DOJ had given him “ultimate authority” over the investigation “including responsibility for deciding where, when, and whether to file charges and for making decisions necessary to preserve the integrity of the prosecution.”
GOP lawmakers want answers on how the Justice Department conducted its years-long Hunter Biden probe, following whistleblower accusations and a plea deal.

If you, or I are late with $1,000 bucks in taxes, we’re threatened with confiscation, and jail. Yet, you think Hunter, owing over $1 million should be left alone?

Only if you do not pay them.

I am dealing with the IRS over this now, over more than $30,000, though it was their error which I am slowly proving. Never once was I threatened with confiscation, and jail. The worst they threatened to do was garnish our wages.

They just had Durham up there on the Hill and he said no one ever interfered with his investigation and he could have charged anyone. He didn’t have evidence to charge anyone, yet still charged 2 and lost - no evidence.

Weiss will say the same thing. Bring him up to the Hill so you can call him a piece of shit for not throwing away his career by charging crimes he can’t prove.

Only if you do not pay them.

I am dealing with the IRS over this now, over more than $30,000, though it was their error which I am slowly proving. Never once was I threatened with confiscation, and jail. The worst they threatened to do was garnish our wages.
Ah, so you’re a tax cheat …

They just had Durham up there on the Hill and he said no one ever interfered with his investigation and he could have charged anyone. He didn’t have evidence to charge anyone, yet still charged 2 and lost - no evidence.

Weiss will say the same thing. Bring him up to the Hill so you can call him a piece of shit for not throwing away his career by charging crimes he can’t prove.
Garland has publicly stated he has no problem with Weiss testifying before Congress.

Or you can... just pay the $1000, which is what most of us do.
Except the "Soveriegn Citizen" Crazies, who wonder why the IRS comes after them.

Hunter paid what he owed plus a penalty. Problem solved. It's how most tax cases are resolved.

Ah, so you’re a tax cheat …

Nope, the IRS is wrong. The problem with the IRS is that one has to prove they are innocent instead of the other way around.

They have all the past returns to show they are wrong, but they are slow to process them.

To give you an example they said we did not file in 2020, even though they cashed the check I sent with my return.

Sucks is that is cost us close to 5 grand to get a tax lawyer to fight this for us, all due to IRS mistakes.

Nope, the IRS is wrong. The problem with the IRS is that one has to prove they are innocent instead of the other way around.

They have all the past returns to show they are wrong, but they are slow to process them.

To give you an example they said we did not file in 2020, even though they cashed the check I sent with my return.

Sucks is that is cost us close to 5 grand to get a tax lawyer to fight this for us, all due to IRS mistakes.
And let's not forget, the Republicans were the ones who screamed bloody murder over hiring 87,000 new IRS employees to clean up the backlog, and made clawing that back a key part of the Budget negotiations.

JoeB says you’re a Sovereign citizen crazy….lol

Commentary:

Because the bad guys are all Democrats, and the media are their family and compadres.

I deal with the IRS every few years with my complicated taxes. They usually are just inquisitive asking me for details or suggest I didn’t report some income. Twice they have identified small income streams left off my taxes.

The whole process sucks though. You basically have to either be a tax expert or hire one to file taxes accurately and if you don’t it can be quite intimidating. Why don’t they figure out what to hold of our money and if we think they are wrong we kick their ass?

JoeB says you’re a Sovereign citizen crazy….lol

Nope. He clearly said he was never threatened with jail. He is working with the IRS to resolve the problem. And, yes, it sounds like the IRS screwed up here. It's not unreasonable to assume that since they backtracked on many of their complaints against Hunter, they weren't on particularly solid ground there, either.

Forum List

Back