Some States To Ban Adoption By Gay Couples

The ClayTaurus said:
My birds and bees talk wasn't along the lines of "This is a penis, it goes in one of these locations: vagina, mouth..."

How many people actually got an explicit play-by-play of how to fuck from their parents? I'm curious; maybe I'm just in the minority here...

I did... :dunno: I asked my paw and he told me.

Pale Rider said:
I heard a backlash about Elton John that didn't quit until two years later. Most people HATED it.

The owner of the Harley dealership I work in used to work for Harley Davidson coorperate for twenty five years, including his wife. He was a trouble shooter for Harley dealerships that were having problems. I talked with him at one of our parties, and he said Harley Davidson received more hate mail from that one incident than any other in the history of the company.

Needless to say, whoever booked elton, homo, john, made a monumental mistake.

Word on the street here in Milwaukee is that the guy who booked Elton was gay and wanted to do that to promote his agenda. I don't know how true that is, because it seems like the process of hiring an act for an event like that would have oversight from a lot of people at Harley.

It was a dumb booking especially because they kept the headliner secret and people were speculating about the Stones, Aerosmith etc.

Nuc said:
Word on the street here in Milwaukee is that the guy who booked Elton was gay and wanted to do that to promote his agenda. I don't know how true that is, because it seems like the process of hiring an act for an event like that would have oversight from a lot of people at Harley.

It was a dumb booking especially because they kept the headliner secret and people were speculating about the Stones, Aerosmith etc.

I heard of people that were so mad, that they turned around and sold their 100th Anniversary Harley's... :rotflmao:

The ClayTaurus said:
My birds and bees talk wasn't along the lines of "This is a penis, it goes in one of these locations: vagina, mouth..."

How many people actually got an explicit play-by-play of how to fuck from their parents? I'm curious; maybe I'm just in the minority here...
My guess is less than 1%. I'd go as far as to say that "The talk" seldom even happens. Or it amounts to "Good girls don't" or "Son, if yer going to play buy a condom", end of "The talk".

The ClayTaurus said:
Why would they get into the explicit details? I didn't realize that breakfast table conversations at the average American household included how tight mom was last night, and how pissed she is that daddy put it in her eye. :dunno:
That was amusing XD

Pale: I'd teach my child about the birds and the bees for heterosexuality because I would be expecting to see a heterosexual child. If they aren't, then that's just how life goes.

The ClayTaurus said:

I don't think mother used the word "F@#$" exactly, but it was pretty graphic. She drew pictures.

Kagom said:
That was amusing XD

Pale: I'd teach my child about the birds and the bees for heterosexuality because I would be expecting to see a heterosexual child. If they aren't, then that's just how life goes.

That's good... but you'd still have to explain what YOU were all about.

Pale Rider said:
That's good... but you'd still have to explain what YOU were all about.
Of course. I'd only slip in something that not everyone follows the same pattern and answer any and all questions the child might have so long as I don't get red faced with embarassment or feel that he/she is too young to know (the latter part is what I"m most worried about)

Kagom said:
Of course. I'd only slip in something that not everyone follows the same pattern and answer any and all questions the child might have so long as I don't get red faced with embarassment or feel that he/she is too young to know (the latter part is what I"m most worried about)

Well, even though I think the way you say you'd handle it is good, I think you know by now what else I'm thinking.... I'm thinking it's too bad you're in a position that needs more explaining at all.

kagom signature said:
Negative hits from Pale: 4 to date!

I couldn't even begin to tell you how many times I've been dinged in the two years I've been here. I'm actually surprized it's such a major issue with some here.

So do we now all start counting and keep it on display?

You know kag, if you're going to keep a running tally of how many times I've dinged you, and each and every time was because I disagreed with you, which is what it's for you know, but if you want to run a tally in your sig, it's mighty tempting to just start dinging you every chance I get just to see what I can get it up to.

Pale Rider said:
Well, even though I think the way you say you'd handle it is good, I think you know by now what else I'm thinking.... I'm thinking it's too bad you're in a position that needs more explaining at all.

Anytime you have an adopted child (especialy one that was adopted at birth, or extremely early childhood) you have more explaining to do.

deaddude said:
Anytime you have an adopted child (especialy one that was adopted at birth, or extremely early childhood) you have more explaining to do.

and if you are gay you have even more.....one does not justify the other

But having more to explain is not some kind of terrible bruden. Being a somoker gives you additonal things to explain, being divorced gives you a few additional things to explain, being a single mother gives you a few more things to explain. It is not a justification for taking away the children of every smoker, or divorced parent, or single mother, and just have something extra to explain should not be used as a justification for taking adoption rights away from gays.

Kagom said:

So...when gay or lesbian couples explain to their children about the birds and the bees. How to make a baby...etc. Where to put what, etc....

Then the little boy or girls asks, "If that is how a man and a woman make a baby...how do you two make a baby?"

What do you say then?

GotZoom said:
So...when gay or lesbian couples explain to their children about the birds and the bees. How to make a baby...etc. Where to put what, etc....

Then the little boy or girls asks, "If that is how a man and a woman make a baby...how do you two make a baby?"

What do you say then?
What do I say? It's not biologically possible for two males and two females to reproduce. That's also where I'll talk about barren couples as well to show similarities.

Pale Rider said:
I couldn't even begin to tell you how many times I've been dinged in the two years I've been here. I'm actually surprized it's such a major issue with some here.

So do we now all start counting and keep it on display?

You know kag, if you're going to keep a running tally of how many times I've dinged you, and each and every time was because I disagreed with you, which is what it's for you know, but if you want to run a tally in your sig, it's mighty tempting to just start dinging you every chance I get just to see what I can get it up to.
Why do you care? No one really cares. I'm allowed to be silly and stupid when I wish to so long as it doesn't interfere with people's enjoyment and use of the boards and so long as it doesn't annoy people.

Kagom said:
What do I say? It's not biologically possible for two males and two females to reproduce. That's also where I'll talk about barren couples as well to show similarities.

Your seven year old asks you "the question." You will say that it is impossible for your daddy and daddy to have kids.

"Where did I come from?"

And what in the world would you say to a seven year old about "barren couples" and what similarities?

"Barren couples" who are unable to have kids are the same as gay and lesbian parents?

GotZoom said:
Your seven year old asks you "the question." You will say that it is impossible for your daddy and daddy to have kids.

"Where did I come from?"

And what in the world would you say to a seven year old about "barren couples" and what similarities?

"Barren couples" who are unable to have kids are the same as gay and lesbian parents?
I'd be loathe to tell a seven year old the miracle of life story o_O

But I'd explain the child did have a mother and that (s)he came from a mommy (honestly, I would want to have a surrogate mother, though that's a different story there) and that we care for her. I'd explain adoption and yes, the similarities that they can't have children.

Kagom said:
I'd be loathe to tell a seven year old the miracle of life story o_O

But I'd explain the child did have a mother and that (s)he came from a mommy (honestly, I would want to have a surrogate mother, though that's a different story there) and that we care for her. I'd explain adoption and yes, the similarities that they can't have children.

I think a lot of people unable to have children would have a problem with you comparing their being "barren" to your situation.

They did not have a choice..it just happened.

I know..I know..gay and lesbians don't have a choice either...many people feel that way.

But many do not.

You would choose a surrogate over adoption?

Forum List

Back