Some States To Ban Adoption By Gay Couples

Bonnie said:
That's all my dad had to do to me :eek2:

Ever notice how the kids who were brought up with that kind of upbringing are usually more respectul, hard working and responsible than the ones who ran wild without much displicine?

Mr. P said:
For the record, do you have sex in front of your children?
I doubt gay couples do either. Have you come across any studies that validate
your position? Not that I have for mine. What I do have is real life situations. Based on those, I'd much rather see children adopted by gays than jump from foster home to foster home all their young life...that IS damaging.

Maybe people should try to find some gay families and observe them before expressing an opinion. Because all I hear is objections in theory. You and I are the only ones who know gay couples with children and our anecdotal evidence is positive.

Anybody out there know any actual gay couples with kids? What's the scoop?

Nuc said:
Maybe people should try to find some gay families and observe them before expressing an opinion. Because all I hear is objections in theory. You and I are the only ones who know gay couples with children and our anecdotal evidence is positive.

Anybody out there know any actual gay couples with kids? What's the scoop?

But I know homosexuals. I know how damaging it'd be to a kid - even if the kid appears 'happy' (hell, most homosexuals 'appear' happy). It's fucking up with Nature, bro. :(

dmp said:
But I know homosexuals. I know how damaging it'd be to a kid - even if the kid appears 'happy' (hell, most homosexuals 'appear' happy). It's fucking up with Nature, bro. :(

Not everything can be ideal. Do you think the kids are better off in an orphanage than with gay parents?

GotZoom said:
Ever notice how the kids who were brought up with that kind of upbringing are usually more respectul, hard working and responsible than the ones who ran wild without much displicine?

All I know is I either see kids that are like angels or kids who are the spawn of hell.... :laugh: No middle ground. Must be a generational thing? Parents all work and feel guilty so they spoil and ignore?

The other day In church there was this little boy about 9 with his mom sitting in front of me. I swear he was the nicest most welll behaved child I had ever seen. It was like he had the wisdom of an 80 year old, very respectful and sweet, he was praying, and when he shook my hand he looked me right in the eye. He was very close with his mom, I could tell that. It gave me renewed hope. :)

Bonnie said:
Personally Im against it for moral reasons because I don't believe as it hasn't yet been proven to me scientifically that homosexuality is genetic. I believe it is a choice people make, therefore they could easily influence adopted children to become so just like any other behavior.. children emulate what they see at home for good and for bad. If science tells us with certainty that it is genetic and homosexual couples are proven to be good responsible parents then I would have no problem with it as long as it is deemed legal by the state.
I understand.

I don't believe homosexuality is a choice, just as I don't believe left-handed right-handed, brown eyes or blue is not a choice. Why in hell would anyone choose to be homosexual and endure the agoney of such in a hetrosexual society.

I know the common pat answer is they're sick, but IMO that just doesn't wash. See left-handed, right-handed.

Mr. P said:
I understand.

I don't believe homosexuality is a choice, just as I don't believe left-handed right-handed, brown eyes or blue is not a choice. Why in hell would anyone choose to be homosexual and endure the agoney of such in a hetrosexual society.

I know the common pat answer is they're sick, but IMO that just doesn't wash. See left-handed, right-handed.

Yeah, but this has been argued (brutally) on this board numerous times and no one ever seems to change their opinion. The majority think it's a sin or whatever.

Nuc said:
Not everything can be ideal. Do you think the kids are better off in an orphanage than with gay parents?

I'd debate kids might be better of having never been born, or dead than living with gay parents.

Mr. P said:
Why in hell would anyone choose to be homosexual and endure the agoney of such in a hetrosexual society.

People may feel they can't choose their impulses...but everyone chooses their behaviour.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
dmp said:
I'd debate kids might be better of having never been born, or dead than living with gay parents.

I guess you'd have to find some adult adoptive children of homosexuals and ask them otherwise, as you say, that's not a fact, it's an opinion.

If there is an epidemic of children of gay parents commiting suicide we will know you were right.

Nuc said:
Yeah, but this has been argued (brutally) on this board numerous times and no one ever seems to change their opinion. The majority think it's a sin or whatever.
I know, but it's civil so far. I don't know about the majority here on the board though. I know there are a few who on religious grounds alone are opposed to anything homosexual. That will never change. I reject any opinion based solely on religion. The fact that the Church is wrestling with this issue (adoption) is a positive for me. No absolutes and all that. Alittle open mindiness is the first step to resolution. God knows kids need a caring home, even if some don't.

Nuc said:
I guess you'd have to find some adult adoptive children of homosexuals and ask them otherwise, as you say, that's not a fact, it's an opinion.

If there is an epidemic of children of gay parents commiting suicide we will know you were right.

Liberals don't commit suicide with any regularity. They'll tell you they are well-adjusted and normal. The absolute truth, however, is they are f'd in the head. :(

dmp said:
You don't think it's the slightest bit possible that two gay parents could succesfully raise a child? Death would always be preferrable?

The ClayTaurus said:
You don't think it's the slightest bit possible that two gay parents could succesfully raise a child? Death would always be preferrable?

I'd debate it might be better that kids never been born, or death, rather than being subjected to the total mind fock that living in a homosexual household would bring.

dmp said:
Liberals don't commit suicide with any regularity. They'll tell you they are well-adjusted and normal. The absolute truth, however, is they are f'd in the head. :(

Don't get the connection. The gay couple I know who have a kid are Republicans. And rich. And conservative other than the fact that they have sex with each other rather than with women.

Bonnie said:
All I know is I either see kids that are like angels or kids who are the spawn of hell.... :laugh: No middle ground. Must be a generational thing? Parents all work and feel guilty so they spoil and ignore?

The other day In church there was this little boy about 9 with his mom sitting in front of me. I swear he was the nicest most welll behaved child I had ever seen. It was like he had the wisdom of an 80 year old, very respectful and sweet, he was praying, and when he shook my hand he looked me right in the eye. He was very close with his mom, I could tell that. It gave me renewed hope. :)

I know I have beaten this dead horse over and over again but I will say it again.

Respect, responsiblity, doing well in school...the list goes on and on....all have one common denominator.

Parents who take an active, responsible role in their kid's lives.

GotZoom said:
I know I have beaten this dead horse over and over again but I will say it again.

Respect, responsiblity, doing well in school...the list goes on and on....all have one common denominator.

Parents who take an active, responsible role in their kid's lives.

Clearly this mom did!

Nuc said:
Don't get the connection. The gay couple I know who have a kid are Republicans. And rich. And conservative other than the fact that they have sex with each other rather than with women.

The connection is this: Not everyone who is f'd in the head realize they are f'd in the head.

Forum List

Back