Some States To Ban Adoption By Gay Couples

GotZoom said:
I think a lot of people unable to have children would have a problem with you comparing their being "barren" to your situation.

They did not have a choice..it just happened.

I know..I know..gay and lesbians don't have a choice either...many people feel that way.

But many do not.

You would choose a surrogate over adoption?
I shrug, that's all I do. I don't think sexual orientation is a choice. That's a personal belief. I don't think being barren is a choice either (unless someone gets their tubes tied, etc.).

I would prefer a surrogate, honestly. I'd be more than willing to work out things with the mother (visitation, etc.) and there'd be a fair exposure to the opposite sex as well. I'd do adoption though with no problem. I have a lot of female friends that I could have the child spend time with to get that exposure. When it comes down to choosing, I'd take whichever was available to me.

Kagom said:
I shrug, that's all I do. I don't think sexual orientation is a choice. That's a personal belief. I don't think being barren is a choice either (unless someone gets their tubes tied, etc.).

I would prefer a surrogate, honestly. I'd be more than willing to work out things with the mother (visitation, etc.) and there'd be a fair exposure to the opposite sex as well. I'd do adoption though with no problem. I have a lot of female friends that I could have the child spend time with to get that exposure. When it comes down to choosing, I'd take whichever was available to me.

Interesting.

Jury still out for me though. I just don't know. I think about the inherent problem; teasing from kids, the whole "indoctrination" issue, etc.

But I see so many kids out there who need parents..need adopting.

I don't know.

GotZoom said:
Interesting.

Jury still out for me though. I just don't know. I think about the inherent problem; teasing from kids, the whole "indoctrination" issue, etc.

But I see so many kids out there who need parents..need adopting.

I don't know.

Kids get teased for anything and everything.

deaddude said:
Kids get teased for anything and everything.

Yes they do.

That is why parents shouldn't name their son Sue.

That is why parents with a last name that starts with "R" should name their child with a first name that start with "M". Or, last name with "J" with a first name with "B."

Mr. and Mrs. Hunt definitely should not have named their son Michael.

Parents need to think ahead..far ahead..to anticipate things that could cause their child harm or ridicule.

"Mr. and Mrs. Hunt definitely should not have named their son Michael."

Even if they named him something like George, you would still get "George C*nt" or similar things. Should mr and mrs hunt have changed their last name?

deaddude said:
"Mr. and Mrs. Hunt definitely should not have named their son Michael."

Even if they named him something like George, you would still get "George C*nt" or similar things. Should mr and mrs hunt have changed their last name?

George or Robert or Steve or Don or Darin or Jimmmy or Milton or Demetrius does not give the same "sound" as Mike Hunt.

No where close.

No none of those names have the "my c*nt" sound to them, anyone wtih a last name that rhymes with c*nt is going to get kettles of shit for it.

deaddude said:
No none of those names have the "my c*nt" sound to them, anyone wtih a last name that rhymes with c*nt is going to get kettles of shit for it.

I've known several people with the last name Hunt who never got a kettle of shit for their name.

Now...Mike Hunt, in my 7th grade class...yes...mucho shit.

Forum List

Back