Some revealing twitters on the debate

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
hummm..

i can’t believe i’m saying this, but Obama looks like he DOES need a teleprompter

— Bill Maher (@billmaher) October 4, 2012

More reaction from Twitter below. A rare moment of bipartisan consensus for America:

Slowly the left is starting to acknowledge that Obama is losing this debate. #debates

— Aaron Blake (@FixAaron) October 4, 2012

There will be some first class liberal/Dem rage howling tomorrow.Painfully knocked out of the warm bubble of easy victory tonight.

— mike murphy (@murphymike) October 4, 2012

Has Obama ever been this off his game?

— VANITY FAIR (@VanityFair) October 4, 2012

That wasn’t a debate so much as Mitt Romney just took Obama for a cross country drive strapped to the roof of his car.

— Mark Hemingway (@Heminator) October 4, 2012

I don’t have a horse in this race, but Romney’s romping home a clear winner tonight. #PMTdebate

— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) October 4, 2012

My only hope is that the debate is so boring people won’t see how bad obama is doing

— Peter Beinart (@PeterBeinart) October 4, 2012

And the coup de grace of an unspinnably terrible night for the left:

MSNBC consensus seems to be Obama lost.

— Jonah Goldberg (@JonahNRO) October 4, 2012

“what was Romney doing? He was WINNING!” – Chris Matthews

— Gerrit Lansing (@lansing) October 4, 2012

Romney wins « Hot Air

My favorite: That wasn’t a debate so much as Mitt Romney just took Obama for a cross country drive strapped to the roof of his car. :lol:

That wasn’t a debate so much as Mitt Romney just took Obama for a cross country drive strapped to the roof of his car.

i-284eb611658c91c2156689a71cf51d66-How%20to%20ROFL.png

Let's be honest here folks, if the debate was a horse race, one jockey was riding a race horse and the other was on a plow horse. There is a reason why Barack Obama looked so uncomfortable on that stage tonight...he was forced to stand next to someone who was pointing out the Obama "record" in all of it's underwhelming glory.

How long before a google image of obama on romneys car roof

hummm..

i can’t believe i’m saying this, but Obama looks like he DOES need a teleprompter

— Bill Maher (@billmaher) October 4, 2012

More reaction from Twitter below. A rare moment of bipartisan consensus for America:

Slowly the left is starting to acknowledge that Obama is losing this debate. #debates

— Aaron Blake (@FixAaron) October 4, 2012

There will be some first class liberal/Dem rage howling tomorrow.Painfully knocked out of the warm bubble of easy victory tonight.

— mike murphy (@murphymike) October 4, 2012

Has Obama ever been this off his game?

— VANITY FAIR (@VanityFair) October 4, 2012

— Mark Hemingway (@Heminator) October 4, 2012

I don’t have a horse in this race, but Romney’s romping home a clear winner tonight. #PMTdebate

My only hope is that the debate is so boring people won’t see how bad obama is doing

— Peter Beinart (@PeterBeinart) October 4, 2012

And the coup de grace of an unspinnably terrible night for the left:

MSNBC consensus seems to be Obama lost.

— Jonah Goldberg (@JonahNRO) October 4, 2012

“what was Romney doing? He was WINNING!” – Chris Matthews

— Gerrit Lansing (@lansing) October 4, 2012

Romney wins « Hot Air

Ya think?

How long before the right wing realizes Romney said nothing to advance their agenda? Spend spend spend.

Well, that is how it plays out for the 'Conservatives' here. We shall see how it plays out for the rest of us.

In case you didn't get the "memo", Old Rocks...that is Bill Maher saying that Obama needed his teleprompter.

That was Chris Matthews giving the President a failing grade.

This election just got really tight again. You had the two candidates on the same stage for the first time tonight and Romney answered the bell while Obama went through the motions.

And just to make your night worse? Guess who gets to go next? Joe "Buried" Biden and Paul Ryan. Ouch...

Well, that is how it plays out for the 'Conservatives' here. We shall see how it plays out for the rest of us.

yea, Piers Morgan is a con...etc...get a grip.

The talking heads on MSNBC were talking about why Obama did so poorly in this debate and the general consensus was that he didn't bring up "important issues" like the 47% comment. It doesn't seem to have dawned on them how unimportant that issue really was when you were talking about REAL economic issues. If Barry "had" brought that up he would have looked ridiculous when Romney was talking about real problems and real solutions. Poor progressives...

Perhaps the difficulty here was that Barry has been speaking in front of hand picked adoring crowds of either union folks or college students, crowds that nodded and cheered every word out of his mouth no matter how inane. After years of that I guess he thought everyone was buying his nonsense. Then he had to get up on stage with someone who brought up the REALITY of what four years of Obama really meant.

A couple of reporters on CBS post-debate analysis talked about things Obama should have said or should remember to say going forward -- kinda like they were trying to fix things for him because he didn't do the job himself -- which was sort of annoying. But in the end they declared a decisive win for Romney.

What a great night.

And whatever people are saying Lehrer did "wrong", I'd like more people to do it "wrong". That was a great discussion.

How long before the right wing realizes Romney said nothing to advance their agenda? Spend spend spend.

Romney has to move to the left to win the election. He just has to hope that his insanely rigid conservative base recognizes as the lessor of two evils (in their minds). In his debate performance he moved left, was loose with the facts and aggressive. The strategy won him the debate and it will be interesting to see how the polls move. If the polls don't move he is dead in the water, if they do move then he has momentum.

The Republican strategy is for Romney to move left, hope the conservatives stay on board, do everything they can to keep voters from the polls in key states, eek out the election, then, with the presidency in hand, cut services, practice trickle down economics and gut the middle class.

Romney has to move to the left to win the election. He just has to hope that his insanely rigid conservative base recognizes as the lessor of two evils (in their minds). In his debate performance he moved left, was loose with the facts and aggressive. The strategy won him the debate and it will be interesting to see how the polls move. If the polls don't move he is dead in the water, if they do move then he has momentum.

The Republican strategy is for Romney to move left, hope the conservatives stay on board, do everything they can to keep voters from the polls in key states, eek out the election, then, with the presidency in hand, cut services, practice trickle down economics and gut the middle class.

I'm curious, Barry...when Mitt Romney was the Governor of Massachusetts, did he "cut services, practice trickle down economics and gut the middle class"? Or did he govern from the center as a moderate, working hand in hand with Democrats? Romney hasn't "moved" anywhere. He always was the most moderate of the Republican candidates and the GOP chose him despite that. Gee, do you think perhaps Republicans aren't as "extreme" as you liberals have been trying to portray us for years now?

Forum List

Back