Some NFL stadiums appear empth, is the boycott working?

All losing teams and the NFL doesn't need bigots.
I seriously doubt you know the definition of bigot so I will supply it here:

big·ot
[ˈbiɡət]
chauvinist · partisan · sectarian · racist · sexist · homophobe · dogmatist · jingoist

Now, using that definition, isn't it YOU who are acting as the bigot?

How do you jump to that wild assertion that I'm a racist for responding to a post claiming success in a boycott with pictures of stadiums less than full from losing teams?

Or are you in support of having bigots in the NFL?
When and where did I use the word racist? For that matter until now you didn't use the term. But now you once again play that card because you were found out.

You seem intolerant of my opinion that millionaires should not be protesting the very country that made them millionaires. You sound intolerant, that is the definition I provided.

The athletes are not protesting the country as you claim. They're protesting the inequity in treatment of minorities in our country after many shootings of unarmed African-American people by police.

Additionally, those athletes became wealthy by their efforts to win contracts from NFL teams. The country did not make them millionaires and they don't owe dick to you as you imply.

Is not racism part of the definition of bigot that you provided?
You sound as spoiled as do millionaires who would not make the money they make, for doing what they do, in any other country.

Most of them are not protesting civil injustice, because if they were they would have been protesting months ago not weeks. No, they are protesting Trump saying they should be fired and there ain't nothing that rich spoiled millionaires like less than being told what to do.

You sound like some common drunk in the town bar in rural Missouri.

Two comments here...one: look at the attendance and you will see few minorities especially blacks, and considering most players are black that seem strange that blacks mostly don't attend the games. Basically its a sea of white faces and that also holds true to all other major sports in the US.. Two: did you notice in the game last night between Miami and Baltimore the stands were almost empty in the forth quarter.
When a team is up 40-0, there isn't much doubt about the outcome. Folks probably trying to beat the traffic.

Two comments here...one: look at the attendance and you will see few minorities especially blacks, and considering most players are black that seem strange that blacks mostly don't attend the games. Basically its a sea of white faces and that also holds true to all other major sports in the US.. Two: did you notice in the game last night between Miami and Baltimore the stands were almost empty in the forth quarter.
When a team is up 40-0, there isn't much doubt about the outcome. Folks probably trying to beat the traffic.

Yeah right....Being it a couple days before Halloween I think a lot of football fans went to the game dressed as an empty seat.

Yeah right....Being it a couple days before Halloween I think a lot of football fans went to the game dressed as an empty seat.
Attendance figures for the game was at 70408 people out of 71008 seats, so I think my scenario is a lot more likely than yours.

Here is a little tidbit for those crying about the athletes kneeling during the national anthem.

Kaepernick first knelt during the national anthem on 9/1/2016.

From 9/1/2016 thru today, 8,620 veterans have committed suicide. And most of the people in this country are completely unaware.

20 veterans a day are dying by their own hand, and little or nothing is being done.

If you want to talk about what is or is not disrespectful to our military and our veterans, ignoring this problem ranks FAR higher than a handful of athletes kneeling during the anthem.

Before you puff out your chests in pride about what has happened to the NFL, imagine what could have happened for our veterans if the same efforts and noise were made on their behalf.

The LA Rams for being contender for the first since 2001 the fans sure didn't show up in great numbers. I watched the game and when the camera panned the crowd the upper desk seem almost deserted and the lower desks toward the end zone looked 50% full. 60K was the announced attendance but but it seemed that fail short, closer to maybe 45K.

Your are right no one showed up in Seattle and Arizona on Sunday.
This is your idea of, "no one showed up," huh?

204114_bh_SeahawksCardinals_0355_224337-1020x588.jpg

2s0blvo.jpg

Obviously you didn't watch the game and saw certain sections seating's being rather sparse in the background especially in the upper decks.

Are_the_empty_seats_at_NFL_games_in_Week_1_a_concern_1280x720_1045713475781.vresize.1200.630.high.0.jpg

screen-shot-2017-11-09-at-11-38-30-pm.png

Notice the empty seats in the background? This shot was taken in the 3rd quarter.

Obviously you didn't watch the game and saw certain sections seating's being rather sparse in the background especially in the upper decks.

Are_the_empty_seats_at_NFL_games_in_Week_1_a_concern_1280x720_1045713475781.vresize.1200.630.high.0.jpg

Notice the empty seats in the background? This shot was taken in the 3rd quarter.

It looks like it was during a break of some sort. Look at all the non-players walking around on the field, including a guy carrying a camera. That certainly isn't a picture of the stands during play, which would be the best indication.

There certainly have been a number of pictures of partially full stadiums, particularly for the 49ers and Rams. It's hard to know what ticket sales are actually like, since there are contradictory numbers floating around. :dunno:

Looks like game had ended, I'm guessing that is ESPN's post game set up in the background. Below is a link to the video replay of injury showing Richard Sherman shoving away assistance while walking off field. One needs to be suspicious of all media, not just the mainstream media.

What the fuck are you trying to pull?

The first picture offers no indication of when it was captured. Could have been before the game started, after it ended, during halftime ... who knows.

The second picture is clearly from after the game had ended as photographers can be seen walking across the field.

Meanwhile, I posted a photo obviously taken during the National Anthem and from the seats viewable in the image, it's packed.

It looks like it was during a break of some sort. Look at all the non-players walking around on the field, including a guy carrying a camera. That certainly isn't a picture of the stands during play, which would be the best indication.

There certainly have been a number of pictures of partially full stadiums, particularly for the 49ers and Rams. It's hard to know what ticket sales are actually like, since there are contradictory numbers floating around. :dunno:
Here are the numbers -->
2017 NFL Football Attendance - National Football League - ESPN

Average stadium attendance...

2017: 69,264
2016: 69,333
2015: 68,278
2014: 68,601
2013: 68,397
2012: 67,632
2011: 67,419
2010: 66,957
2009: 67,506
2008: 68,245
2007: 69,565
2006: 69,577

2017 is the 4th highest attendance, going as far back as the data goes, and the second highest in a decade.

when was that when Sherman got hurt in the third quarter? If it happened in the beginning of the third quarter then i would not put to much stock in the shot since a lot of people dont get back till the middle of the third quarter leaving for the restroom and refreshments at halftime.

when was that when Sherman got hurt in the third quarter? If it happened in the beginning of the third quarter then i would not put to much stock in the shot since a lot of people dont get back till the middle of the third quarter leaving for the restroom and refreshments at halftime.
That photo is not from when Sherman got injured, which he shook off and kept playing... if from after the game ended. You can see a cable stretched across the field by his right foot ... people milling about on the field ... and he doesn’t have his helmet.

I know beyond a doubt Niner games are always half empty.I visit a 49er message board sometimes and even they have posted pics there of the same angry about how the fans need to get out and support them.lol

The Rams game however was the exception.It was actually packed.I like others here also assumed the stands were half empty as well for that game since they always are:biggrin:

However there was this one poster in another section that posted a pic to clarify it to this other poster he was incorrect saying the seats were half empty for that game. the pic he showed proved they were all full. I wish i could remember what thread it was where i saw that pic at.darn.

I am guessing the ONLY reason THAT game was packed is because SF fans same as me have been wanting the Rams back in LA forever now as well so many of the fans in SF who dont go to games anymore with them out of the city,did take the time this time to go see that classic rivalry.

NORMALLY that stadium always DOES look like that.:biggrin: But they get excited about the Rams no matter how bad both teams are because of the history with each other so that game is always the exception.;)

Other than Ram games,that place is always half empty all the time.:lmao:

the NFL has turned off many NFL fans because they are now seeing what I have the last 20 years that it is the NO FAN LOYALTY LEAGUE. the owners were so stupid with relocating all these teams they ignored the economists that it would bite them at the gates as it is now.:rolleyes:

people who think the niners winning that people will then all of a sudden show up are nuts and dont know any better. Because In SF they always packed them in when they were horrible and the joke of the league.

Same with the chargers in SD. the NFL leaving LA has drastically hurt because other then diehards,the new generation did not have a team to root for so they found other things to do the last 20 years the fact there is so much to do in LA and the NFL is finding out it is going to take a long time to get the fans back because they are having to rebuild all over again to the NEWER generation of football fans who found a different team to root for,they arent going to all of a sudden stop rooting for that team they adopted :rolleyes:

they were never embraced in st louis other than the greatest show on turf years and now they are back where they started when they got to st louis with half empty stadiums having to try and get a new generation of fans who adopted another team back to games again.

the NFL has royally fucked things up the last 30 years with all these moronic relocations and now it has esculated worse than ever with these recent asinine relocations of the niners to santa clara the chargers to LA.:rolleyes::rolleyes-41:

the owners have KILLED this game.

Last edited:

That photo is not from when Sherman got injured, which he shook off and kept playing... if from after the game ended. You can see a cable stretched across the field by his right foot ... people milling about on the field ... and he doesn’t have his helmet.

I don't think Sherman "shook off and kept playing." He was shown on the sidelines saying something like he destroyed his Achilles after the injury. However you are correct that the picture is not from when it happened.

Forum List

Back