Some Israelis yearn for new lives in Germany

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Oct 11th 2014 | JERUSALEM
IS BERLIN the new Jerusalem? A Facebook page launched in Hebrew this month on how to move to a city far from rockets and rocketing prices in Israel has gone viral, reaching 600,000 people in a week.

It is called Olim Le-Berlin, “Let’s ascend to Berlin”, using the same rousing verb Jews reserve for emigrating, or “ascending”, to Israel.

Even Professor Manuel Trajtenberg, a leading economist commissioned by the government to look at the high cost of living, which sparked mass protests in 2011, has piped in. “Berlin is more attractive than Tel Aviv,” he says.

The German Federal Statistics Office records an increase of just 400 Israeli immigrants per year.
Some 700,000 Israelis have abandoned the Promised Land since its creation, says Sergio DellaPergola, a demographer.

Jewish migration Next year in Berlin The Economist

I wonder how the Germans feel about this.

IS BERLIN the new Jerusalem? A Facebook page launched in Hebrew this month on how to move to a city far from rockets and rocketing prices in Israel has gone viral, reaching 600,000 people in a week.

It is called Olim Le-Berlin, “Let’s ascend to Berlin”, using the same rousing verb Jews reserve for emigrating, or “ascending”, to Israel.

Even Professor Manuel Trajtenberg, a leading economist commissioned by the government to look at the high cost of living, which sparked mass protests in 2011, has piped in. “Berlin is more attractive than Tel Aviv,” he says.

The German Federal Statistics Office records an increase of just 400 Israeli immigrants per year.
Some 700,000 Israelis have abandoned the Promised Land since its creation, says Sergio DellaPergola, a demographer.

:alcoholic: Actually no, that emoticon is too nice.

Penelope I have often wondered about your choice of avatar; the 'peace' sign of the 60's. Ahh, the 60's, where so many 'found' themselves by using mind altering drugs of varying strengths. This thread, every other post of yours, and your reading and comprehension skills revealed by said posts; tells me that you used those of the strongest strength.

The Israeli Jews are very European, they will do fine in Germany.

Only a theory Sara, only a theory; fairly well debunked in my other thread:

About those European Jews . . . . US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Is your mamma named Sara? I remember her. But is this what debunked your theory?

"Ashkenazi Jews Are Genetically European"

"Though the finding may seem intuitive, it contradicts the notion that European Jews mostly descend from people who left Israel and the Middle East around 2,000 years ago. Instead, a substantial proportion of the population originates from local Europeans who converted to Judaism, said study co-author Martin Richards, an archaeogeneticist at the University of Huddersfield in England."

Surprise Ashkenazi Jews Are Genetically European

:alcoholic: Actually no, that emoticon is too nice.

Penelope I have often wondered about your choice of avatar; the 'peace' sign of the 60's. Ahh, the 60's, where so many 'found' themselves by using mind altering drugs of varying strengths. This thread, every other post of yours, and your reading and comprehension skills revealed by said posts; tells me that you used those of the strongest strength.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I do not drink nor do any drugs. My peace sign is what I what to see everywhere, esp. in Israel as I think it might help with the rest of the ME. Your insults will not stop me from posting about the Zionist problem in the world, the US and the ME and esp. in Israel. So go right ahead.

I get sick when I see commercials about Wounded Warriors now, lets face it , they are disabled veterans, not wounded Warriors, the one with the little daughter, I wonder how she'll feel about the gov. when she sees what a waste the Iraq war was and what happened to her Dad. I cringe when I see young men coming home with arms, and legs missing, or PTSD they commit suicide , get divorced and end up on those hard drugs your talking about.

Hows that for explaining my avatar? Hope its up to your satisfaction. I also hope you can comprehend my post.

Penelope, don't listen to these disgusting warmongers. They haven't a clue what war is about. I have seen war, and I don't wish it on anyone. They play war games on their Playstations and think that killing a few hundred Palestinian children over a few weeks is ok, because they are not Jews, They are a racist and murderous bunch that hide behind their computers spouting bullshit.

Is your mamma named Sara? I remember her. But is this what debunked your theory?

No my mother is not named Sara. That is a low blow. My referring to you as 'Sara' comes from some one else here researching your user name.

"Ashkenazi Jews Are Genetically European"

"Though the finding may seem intuitive, it contradicts the notion that European Jews mostly descend from people who left Israel and the Middle East around 2,000 years ago. Instead, a substantial proportion of the population originates from local Europeans who converted to Judaism, said study co-author Martin Richards, an archaeogeneticist at the University of Huddersfield in England."

Surprise Ashkenazi Jews Are Genetically European

As far as 'debunking' a theory, well it is obvious that you do not have a mind to think on your own.

Let me ask you here, like I did in my other thread. So if your 'theory' is correct, what happened to the Jews who were exiled from Israel to Babylon (Iraq) around 600 BCE? What happened to the Jews who left Israel during the time after Alexander the Great swept through the area and then went to Rome (Italy) and Greece? What happened to the Jews who were forced out of Israel after Titus and Hadrian who also went north, though some stayed.

According to your 'theory' then, all those previous Jews no longer exist; they were totally wiped out and the only Jews that exist today are descendants of your 'vaulted' Ashkenazi Jews. Now that is a theory all of its own. Actually anyone who buys into such a theory is deluded.

Any thoughtful man with any logic will tell you that your theory is false.

There is no way that your theory is true. There are still Israelites from the ancient country alive today, to say there is not is a complete denial of any logical fact.

Oh, and while I am asking you questions, you have established that Hamas can fire rockets and mortars into Israel and call it 'war'. I give you that.

But why do you insist that it is murder when Israel fires back?

I have been waiting for this answer from you for weeks.

Oh, and while I am asking you questions, you have established that Hamas can fire rockets and mortars into Israel and call it 'war'. I give you that.

But why do you insist that it is murder when Israel fires back?

I have been waiting for this answer from you for weeks.

When you bomb a UN school full of children, it is murder.

Its not even close to be related to the Palestinians, just a bunch of few Israelis went to Berlin and found out some yogurt is cheaper because of the Kosher and delivery, trying another left wing maneuver to shake right wing government, nothing serious folks.
Penelope = amity1844 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Cute Daniyel.
Well it might be as you do have a housing problem, or is it better now?
2011 Israeli social justice protests - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

There is only so much land, and everyone knows that. I imagine that is why some Israeli's are destroying the olive trees, and land is being confiscated and housing projects being started, continuously.

Its not even close to be related to the Palestinians, just a bunch of few Israelis went to Berlin and found out some yogurt is cheaper because of the Kosher and delivery, trying another left wing maneuver to shake right wing government, nothing serious folks.

Cute Daniyel.

There is only so much land, and everyone knows that. I imagine that is why some Israeli's are destroying the olive trees, and land is being confiscated and housing projects being started, continuously.
Not really, we have a saying in Hebrew 'No one wiser than experienced '
The so called 'social justice ' campaign failed because its true face was revealed, I personally met Dafny Leif - one of the campaign leaders.
I'm working harder than any of these protesters, living in high rent, paying taxes, served in combat unit three years and getting paid far less than anyone of them, they are simply not a Zionists,and this is a main feature in today's left wing (majority)

No wonder confused. And no wonder why jew govt hiring paid soldiers from over seas because wonder land is not attractive any more for the wanderer. I will advise to jewish give up nonsense idea that you are prime race and masaya is coming, if jew give up the silly idea world would be a nicer place.

No wonder confused. And no wonder why jew govt hiring paid soldiers from over seas because wonder land is not attractive any more for the wanderer. I will advise to jewish give up nonsense idea that you are prime race and masaya is coming, if jew give up the silly idea world would be a nicer place.
I underlined all the lies you made.

Cute Daniyel.

The so called 'social justice ' campaign failed because its true face was revealed, I personally met Dafny Leif - one of the campaign leaders.
I'm working harder than any of these protesters, living in high rent, paying taxes, served in combat unit three years and getting paid far less than anyone of them, they are simply not a Zionists,and this is a main feature in today's left wing (majority)

Cute Daniyel.

Well I will admit that some of them may want to get more gov. support, we have those here as well. Like you said though , some do not hold to the Zionist position that its worth it to live in an area where there is always fighting and unrest, high housing and food costs. Its just not worth it to them. I also read Germany has free college. Not knowing the real housing situation, unemployment rate , etc, its hard to say. I think you do have that universal healthcare right. Would that include the Pals as well? I would imagine an apt in Tel Aviv is mega exp. and not too big , the same as NY and all the major cities here. I read the apts and homes are small, how small it didn't say. The fact does remain, there is only so much room. They say Israel is about the size of Vermont.

Forum List

Back