Some inconvenient facts for EV cheerleaders!!

It's not only true...
IT'S HAPPENING unless you want to deny a higher percent of our power IS being generated by renewables EVERY year.

What an unbelievable IDIOT you are on all fronts.
I thought just tactical for Bumping up/UNWITtingly promoting OLD ridiculous Troll threads you disagree with... (ChemEngineer, ETC!)
but you knew it had to be on Facts too.

`
Nothing but bullshit. Blather and more blather with no proof.

Nothing but bullshit. Blather and more blather with no proof.
You really want/need "proof" that more of our power generation is renewable every year?
Really?
You can't be that nuts/Stupid, but you are.
(you're a good halfway down the chain to ChemEngineer on the IQ scale, and prefer responding to them/Skooker etc. Idiots I don't humor)

I have so many Thread Starts ON THE BOARD ALREADY since 2016 that from 2/3 to 90% of new generation is renewable.
`

you're a good halfway down the chain to ChemEngineer on the IQ scale, and prefer responding to them/Skooker etc. Idiots I don't humor)
Hilarious; he‘s only smart to you fellow idiots. He’s the fool who claims the periodic table, a bastion of chemistry is all wrong as taught in every public school. What a dufus. Neither he nor you even know what the periodic table is. That’s proof positive you‘re science illiterate.

Geesus, you even idiotically still use IQ as a measure of intellect, another admission to illiteracy.

Hilarious; he‘s only smart to you fellow idiots. He’s the fool who claims the periodic table, a bastion of chemistry is all wrong as taught in every public school. What a dufus. Neither he nor you even know what the periodic table is. That’s proof positive you‘re science illiterate.

Geesus, you even idiotically still use IQ as a measure of intellect, another admission to illiteracy.
Huh? What?
YOU bumped up/UNWITTINGLY PROMOTED Chem's thread from Months old just to add a 1 word response.
Now it's Skooker who I also don't humor.

You are an Idiot UNWITtingly promoting 12 IQ troll threads.
You are THEIR SUCKER!

`

"The life of the car" includes its manufacture and disposal. You haven't even accounted for the tons of toxic waste all those batteries are going to be leaking into the soil when they're dumped into the landfills. Face it, you're going to have to drive an EV for a long time to ever break even on the environmental impact it will have. Of course, feel free to ignore the children digging your cobalt and lithium out of the ground. They don't matter because reasons and stuff.
Something you just made up ? It’s not even licensed and drivable until it’s fully manufactured and definitely not when junked. The law doesn’t consider them “autos “ until fully assembled and not when junked. Get real and speak plainly and honestly.

Huh? What?
YOU bumped up/UNWITTINGLY PROMOTED Chem's thread from Months old just to add a 1 word response.
Now it's Skooker who I also don't humor.

You are an Idiot UNWITtingly promoting 12 IQ troll threads.
You are THEIR SUCKER!

`
Bet your @$$ I did. He’s a cut and paste fraud. All frauds should be held accountable for the garbage they make up and spew. IMO, THERE IS NO STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FROM BEING CALLED OUT FOR BEING A FRAUD. You make up shit, like Trump, it needs to follow you around. Deal with it. You fall for his BS, that’s on you.

Something you just made up ? It’s not even licensed and drivable until it’s fully manufactured and definitely not when junked. The law doesn’t consider them “autos “ until fully assembled and not when junked. Get real and speak plainly and honestly.
Are you seriously trying to finagle things around so you can ignore the total environmental impact of EV's in order to pretend you're helping to solve Global Warming and pollution by driving them? Here's the bottom line. When you consider the impact of an EV from start to finish, they're not much better for the environment than an ICE driven vehicle. Future technological advances MIGHT make them better but put your hopes in one hand and crap in the other. Tell me which one fills up first.

I just gave you proof that fossil fuel companies are going to renewables. Even they know it’s CHEAPER then using fossil fuels to produce electricity.
I guess you know nothing about mechanics. ICE cars have substantially MORE PARTS. THEY OBVIOUSLY COST MORE and pollute more TO MAKE. . Why do you make such dumb comparisons.,
ICE cars pollute the rest of their lives, EVs don’t.
Dude, you're totally ignoring the cost and environmental impact of mining and purifying the minerals necessary to make the batteries, to say nothing of the impact we'll see from tossing millions of them into landfills after they're depleted, where they will leak toxic chemicals for a very, very long time. Your rose colored glasses won't let you see it.

No, current EV's start their operational life with a bigger CO2 deficit than ICE's already on the books. That might get better as technology advances, MIGHT.

Dude, you're totally ignoring the cost and environmental impact of mining and purifying the minerals necessary to make the batteries, to say nothing of the impact we'll see from tossing millions of them into landfills after they're depleted, where they will leak toxic chemicals for a very, very long time. Your rose colored glasses won't let you see it.
Hilarious. You didn’t read the article. Ice cars are just as bad pollutant causer during manufacturing and worse in many ways, and worse for maintenance for twenty fking years.. Wtf, they have more then twice the moving parts and MORE in total content of exotic minerals. Are you crazy ? Ice cars RUN ON ELECTRICITY for nearly every function except the combustion chamber. Nearly every thing else dufus, is electrified in an ICE car. Read the reference article, if you can read.

the electric drive motors alone are so durable they can be reused several times. Try that with a gasoline motor and transmission. Seriously, did you ever service a car yourself ?

Since we went to more expensive stainless steel exhaust systems which were more more expensive and less environmentally friendly to make then Reg steel, we polluted less because they last often more then life of the car foolish
.You guys are hilariously ignorant. It’sthe same with nearly all EV parts.

Last edited:
Hilarious. You didn’t read the article. Ice cars are just as bad pollutant causer during manufacturing and worse in many ways, and worse for maintenance. Wtf, they have more then twice the moving parts and MORE in total content of exotic minerals. Are you crazy ? Ice cars RUN ON ELECTRICITY for nearly every function except the combustion chamber. Nearly every thing else dufus, is electrified in an ICE car. Read the reference article, if you can read.
EV's have this massive set of things called batteries. ICE cars have one battery. The fact that you think ICE cars use the same battery as EV's is telling. Something has to happen to the batteries that drive EV's. I'll let you fantasize about how they just miraculously dissolve into thin air.

EV technology MAY become more viable in the future if we resolve the issues holding them back, but pretending they NOW don't contribute much CO2 or pollution is just a fantasy.

No, current EV's start their operational life with a bigger CO2 deficit than ICE's already on the books. That might get better as technology advances, MIGHT.
Boy, you have a choice. Either claim you’re ignorant or you can’t read. The ONLY reason there is any small deficit for only some parts, is the R and D and non available reusable parts from previous EVs.
Then dufus, the EV spends twenty years not polluting while the ICE does. The lessening of smog in California over the years tells you that your FOS. You fools have never been right about anything involving science and the environment.

Last edited:
EV's have this massive set of things called batteries.
And dufus, they have no moving parts and all are recyclable. You can’t say that about gasoline once it’s burned can you ? Neither can you say it about engines and transmissions which DON’t last longer. You can’t run an ice car 20k miles with no pollution causing maintenance. You’re a loser.

And dufus, they have no moving parts and all are recyclable. You can’t say that about gasoline once it’s burned can you ? Neither can you say it about engines and transmissions which DON’t last longer. You can’t run an ice car 20k miles with no pollution causing maintenance. You’re a loser.
Pretending the majority will be recycled and not dumped in landfills is precious. Eventually, battery technology will hopefully improve, but as of now, there's no secondary market for EV's because you have to replace tens of thousands of dollars of batteries, only to get a used car.

Eventually, EV's will have their place, but pretending what we have now is the answer to global warming and pollution is a dangerous fantasy.

Pretending the majority will be recycled and not dumped in landfills is precious. Eventually, battery technology will hopefully improve, but as of now, there's no secondary market for EV's because you have to replace tens of thousands of dollars of batteries, only to get a used car.

Eventually, EV's will have their place, but pretending what we have now is the answer to global warming and pollution is a dangerous fantasy.
I’m not pretending anything. I did the research. You’re wrong. . Why the Fk do you want to pay for fossil fuel shit ?
Why are you so against progress and for polution. Forget global warming, the pollution and savings alone going to electric motors for everything is worth it.

You're quite naive. The average ICE car has MORE THEN a dozen electric motors and actuators already and every-time they are added, the efficiency improves. the last hold out is the drive motor which eliminates the transmission.

I’m not pretending anything. I did the research. You’re wrong. . Why the Fk do you want to pay for fossil fuel shit ?
Why are you so against progress and for polution. Forget global warming, the pollution and savings alone going to electric motors for everything is worth it.

You're quite naive. The average ICE car has MORE THEN a dozen electric motors and actuators already and every-time they are added, the efficiency improves. the last hold out is the drive motor which eliminates the transmission.
Who says I'm opposed to EV's when they've achieved the efficiency needed to fill their niche? I'm pointing out your fantasy of EV's as we know them now being the answer to global warming and pollution is just that, a fantasy.

Your feeble attempts to stick labels on me are, shall we say, less than effective.

Who says I'm opposed to EV's when they've achieved the efficiency needed to fill their niche? I'm pointing out your fantasy of EV's as we know them now being the answer to global warming and pollution is just that, a fantasy.

Your feeble attempts to stick labels on me are, shall we say, less than effective.
They have already. They are working their way successfully as hybrids and EVs

They have already. They are working their way successfully as hybrids and EVs
And they will remain a niche until we can solve several glaring problems:

1. Charging infrastructure. We simply can't supply enough reliable electricity to charge hundreds of millions of EV's, and will require trillions of dollars and many new nuclear reactors to upgrade the power grid.
2. Speed of charging. Until we can maybe swap battery packs at a station in a few minutes, EV's being used for more than local commuting with an opportunity for hours of downtime to recharge will be a big problem.
3. Pollution caused by battery manufacture and disposal. Right now, manufacturing the batteries spews many tons of CO2 into the air and leaves toxic chemicals not only in the air, but in the ground and water. This is something you steadfastly refuse to acknowledge, and in fact, pretend doesn't exist.
4. Battery longevity. Right now, there really isn't a secondary market for EV's, because after about 5 years, you have to replace the battery pack, adding tens of thousands of dollars to the cost of the car, rendering it unsellable.

At some point, as the power grid is upgraded, cities may very well ban ICE's within city limits. That could make sense as a first step, but even that will remain out of reach until we can resolve these other issues. EVs will have a place in tomorrow's market, but pretending what we have now is going to solve global warming and pollution is a pipe dream.

And they will remain a niche until we can solve several glaring problems:

1. Charging infrastructure. We simply can't supply enough reliable electricity to charge hundreds of millions of EV's, and will require trillions of dollars and many new nuclear reactors to upgrade the power grid.
They are 90% charged at home overnight off peak demand. Not very astute are you ? Renewables are going on line NOW. It’s happening at a rate greater then projected needs. They are already geared to supplement the grid requirements. Even Exxon is going to renewables to provide cheaper energy for REFINERIES.
2. Speed of charging. Until we can maybe swap battery packs at a station in a few minutes, EV's being used for more than local commuting with an opportunity for hours of downtime to recharge will be a big problem.
A NON FACTOR. THEY are charged OVERNIGHT. Any problems with range, get a plug in hybrid.
3. Pollution caused by battery manufacture and disposal. Right now, manufacturing the batteries spews many tons of CO2 into the air and leaves toxic chemicals not only in the air, but in the ground and water. This is something you steadfastly refuse to acknowledge, and in fact, pretend doesn't exist.
pollution caused by ice car is GREATER. The batteries in EVs are recyclable. The next gen batteries, solid state will be reusable over several EV life times. Your concerns are bogus. Solid state battles last up to 16 years before they even need recharging in medical use.
4. Battery longevity. Right now, there really isn't a secondary market for EV's, because after about 5 years, you have to replace the battery pack, adding tens of thousands of dollars to the cost of the car, rendering it unsellable.
Wrong. A new battery cost 1/2 as much as a new trans mission it replaces bozo. They also last twice as long.
At some point, as the power grid is upgraded, cities may very well ban ICE's within city limits. That could make sense as a first step, but even that will remain out of reach until we can resolve these other issues. EVs will have a place in tomorrow's market, but pretending what we have now is going to solve global warming and pollution is a pipe dream.
The power grid is being upgrade while you are posting. That’s what the infrastructure bill is about not just roads and bridges.

You deniers are absolutely crazy. YOU MAKE CLAIMS ABOUT IRRATIONAL FEARS that have already been addressed.
You are ignoramuses are so far behind the times it’s hilarious..

Renewables only generate ELECTRICITY, and even if you include hydro, they amount to only about 20% of energy production. In the third world (more than half of global population), it is closer to zero. And the third world NEEDS the ability to burn the cheapest, most efficient source of power: coal. Suggesting that they turn to renewables is incredibly stupid and oblivious.

Renewables REQUIRE a backup source, because the sun doesn't always shine and the wind doesn't always blow.

Renewables have NO VALUE when it comes to construction, mining, agriculture, air travel and transport, or sea travel and transport, and while Tesla's mega trucks can have limited value for OTR transport, most of that industry will have to remain on Diesel fuel for the foreseeable future.

To the extent that global warming is real, "we" have the ability to implement engineering solutions that will overcome it. Don't forget: 10 times more people die from COLD every year than from excessive heat. But then again, Leftists don't really care about Humans, whom they see as an invasive species on earth.

Forum List

Back