Some hopeful news for the Democrats

Not only did they kick Sarah Sanders out of their restaurant, but the owner followed her family members to another restaurant and continued to harass them. Sarah Sanders heckled by Red Hen owner even after leaving, Mike Huckabee says
This isn't refusing to serve the public. This is outright harassment.
These bullying tactics should not be tolerated from anyone.
I suspect this isn't the last story about this stuff that we're going to hear.

Each one would be great news for the GOP.
It's not great news for anyone.
This is only going to get worse.

Some Bernie Sanders supporter already tried to kill Republicans at a baseball practice.
What's next???
I think there will be more. The zealots aren't going to listen to the adults, they never do.
There will be when politicians and the president himself fan the flames of the public into an explosion.

Not only did they kick Sarah Sanders out of their restaurant, but the owner followed her family members to another restaurant and continued to harass them. Sarah Sanders heckled by Red Hen owner even after leaving, Mike Huckabee says
I suspect this isn't the last story about this stuff that we're going to hear.

Each one would be great news for the GOP.
It's not great news for anyone.
This is only going to get worse.

Some Bernie Sanders supporter already tried to kill Republicans at a baseball practice.
What's next???
I think there will be more. The zealots aren't going to listen to the adults, they never do.
There will be when politicians and the president himself fan the flames of the public into an explosion.
I dunno, I'm not sure if much more is needed.

After White House press secretary Sarah Sanders and her family were kicked out of a Virginia restaurant on Friday evening, the owner of the establishment followed the group and kept berating them, Mike Huckabee, Sanders’ father and the former Arkansas governor, told Fox Business on Monday.

“In fact, a little known part of this story, is that after Sarah and her husband left and the family relocated to a restaurant across the street, the owner of the Red Hen then organized an effort to go and scream at them from the sidewalk at the other restaurant,” Huckabee claimed in an interview on “The Intelligence Report with Trish Regan.”

“Finally, one of Sarah’s in-laws, who happens to be very liberal, it’s her brother-in-law, went out in the street and said, ‘Look, Sarah’s already left. She didn’t stay for obvious reasons. She’s had all she needs tonight. The rest of us are trying to have dinner. I’m a liberal. I’m not a Trump supporter. But you guys aren’t helping our cause,’” Huckabee went on to say. “So, it wasn’t just what happened in the Little Red Hen restaurant, it’s what happened ongoing by the owner of that restaurant.”
Bad behavior is bad behavior and they deserve to lose business over it.

However...if you are concerned about bulkting tactics you need to adress the behavior of the POTUS towards a privite entity. That is shameful and using his position to target wrath on a private entity sets a bad precedent.

Does he get a free pass?
can you cite some examples of when trump has singled someone out and harassed them non stop?

fyi - i don't count twitter cause that's a jacked up symbiotic relationship both sides seem to thrive on. you hit trump, he's going to hit back in kind.

While I often point out that the Democratic Party has been essentially taken over by the hateful, illiberal, authoritarian Regressive Left, it's nice to point out the random exception here and there.

The hate spewed from the Left is applauded by the Regressives daily here on USMB, and Maxine Waters is certainly supported strongly by them. But here is a little hopeful news for REAL liberals:

A few lucid Democrats are speaking out against this madness, and while they'll be shunned, ignored, attacked, maybe called DINOs, it's nice to know they are there.

Hostile liberals pose problems for red-state Dems

=================================

“It’s horrible,” Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said of the public harassment of Trump aides. “Come to West Virginia — we won’t do that to them in West Virginia. That’s bad. That’s not the values of the Democratic Party I know.”

“We are at a real crisis point, and I think that what we do is very important,” Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), who is up for reelection but expected to coast, said in an interview Monday.“I don’t like” the message sent by restaurants denying service to Trump aides, she added.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) pointedly blasted Waters’ call over the weekend for liberals to publicly hound Trump advisers, calling the idea “not right” and “not American. The president's tactics and behavior should never be emulated,” Schumer said in a floor speech Monday. “It should be repudiated by organized, well-informed and passionate advocacy."

It’s "absolutely ridiculous," Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.) said of the restaurant episodes. "That’s not how we do it in North Dakota. ... If the roles were reversed, we would think that’s abhorrent, horrible behavior.”

“My modus operandi is to … try to treat the other person with respect,” Florida Sen. Bill Nelson, another vulnerable Democrat on the ballot this fall, told reporters. “I would hope that other people would do that as well.”

Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) chimed in that "I would never suggest" encouraging activists to personally harangue their opponents, as Waters did, "no matter how emotional I was about an issue.”

“I don’t agree with that philosophy of just raising hell," said Sen. Jon Tester (D-Mont.), who faces his own hotly contested reelection race in a pro-Trump state. But Tester brushed aside whether the debate would hurt him back home: “In Montana, nobody knows who Maxine Waters is.”

These people support the same policies and agenda that led US to this point.
I'll take any sanity and moderation that I can get at this point.

If when it comes time to stand up and be counted, that they stand by the "regressives", then all their talk, is just talk.

Forum List

Back