Somali Terrorists/Pirates Murder The Four Americans

There was no piracy when the Islamic Courts Union was in power.

Funny how foreign interventionism (mostly Ethiopian in this case) in that part of the world seems to always lead to negative consequences for everyone.

I don't give a rats ass who these fucks are affiliated with. I'm not even really that concerned with people that go into foreign countries and get abducted for ransom. There are plenty of travel warnings to keep innocents out of those places.

It is the duty of the Navy of the USA to protect Americans on ALL international waters. If there is Muslim blow back for taking out this scum...so be it. We can deal that too.

All I see on the news for the last few days are Muslims whining that Obama hasn't supported the revolutions in the several Muslim countries that have finally after 30 plus years got off their third world asses and decided to govern themselves.

Even you Muslims support American exceptional ism or we wouldn't be hearing about how we should be supporting your wanna be democracies. We do but it is really your responsibility.

There is more to America than what you may believe. We are not George Bush...We are not Barack Obama. They are just temporary custodians of the administrative portion of our government.

What we are is what the people of our country want it to be for the most part. It isn't perfect but it certainly is the only serious power on the planet that keeps the rest of the world from totally going down the toilet.

We are by far the most tolerant nation on earth ...especially considering that we do not HAVE to be. At the very least the rest of the world should recognize that we Americans at the very fucking least deserve safe passage on all international waters. If we need to enforce that concept then that is the way it should be.

There was no piracy when the Islamic Courts Union was in power.

Funny how foreign interventionism (mostly Ethiopian in this case) in that part of the world seems to always lead to negative consequences for everyone.

Utter BS. There has NEVER been a time when there was no piracy except under the Romans when they swept the entire Med and killed every pirate they found...and that period only lasted about a year.

All I see on the news for the last few days are Muslims whining that Obama hasn't supported the revolutions in the several Muslim countries that have finally after 30 plus years got off their third world asses and decided to govern themselves.

Even you Muslims support American exceptional ism or we wouldn't be hearing about how we should be supporting your wanna be democracies. We do but it is really your responsibility.

Americans are damned if we do, damned if we don't. I don't see how America is responsible for Ghaddafi being an asshole, why the Egyptians don't have jobs and why Yemen doesn't have a pot to piss in. If Obama did support the uprisings, people would say he is intervening too much. Obama doesn't get involved, and people say hes an asshole.

What? No, I'd much prefer that the US and everyone else keep out of the affairs of the Muslim world entirely.

Instead of allowing a legitimate government to remain in power and restore order in Somalia, the United States and its allies choose instead to interfere in that country's internal affairs. the ICU is no longer in power and now people are experiencing one of the consequences of the lawlessness that this interventionism brought on -- piracy. Tough luck.

Utter BS. There has NEVER been a time when there was no piracy except under the Romans when they swept the entire Med and killed every pirate they found...and that period only lasted about a year.

Take it up with the CFR.

"Experts unanimously stress that the only effective long-term piracy deterrent is a stable state. When Somalia was briefly under the control of the Islamic Courts Union in 2006, piracy stopped completely."

Combating Maritime Piracy - Council on Foreign Relations

What? No, I'd much prefer that the US and everyone else keep out of the affairs of the Muslim world entirely.

Instead of allowing a legitimate government to remain in power and restore order in Somalia, the United States and its allies choose instead to interfere in that country's internal affairs. the ICU is no longer in power and now people are experiencing one of the consequences of the lawlessness that this interventionism brought on -- piracy. Tough luck.

There have been no American troops in Somalia since 1993. How is America to blame for the anarchy in Somalia?

There have been no American troops in Somalia since 1993. How is America to blame for the anarchy in Somalia?

The United States has launched air strikes and provided support for the Ethiopians and other belligerents whose interference ensured that Somalia would remain lawless. I've never stated that they're solely to blame for anything we're discussing.

The United States has launched air strikes and provided support for the Ethiopians and other belligerents whose interference ensured that Somalia would remain lawless. I've never stated that they're solely to blame for anything we're discussing.

Somalia has become a safe haven for Al Qaeda Militants, thats why there are air strikes. Still don't see how the Ethiopians and Americans are to blame for the Somalis own failures.

Somalia has become a safe haven for Al Qaeda Militants, thats why there are air strikes. Still don't see how the Ethiopians and Americans are to blame for the Somalis own failures.

Now that Somalia is once again in an anarchic state, Qa'idah affiliates like ash-Shabaab have risen to the forefront of the resistance. A lack of authority has led to an increase in both piracy and 'terrorist activity', so I'd say that foreign intervention has done far more to exacerbate the country's problems than it has to address them.

Now that Somalia is once again in an anarchic state, Qa'idah affiliates like ash-Shabaab have risen to the forefront of the resistance. A lack of authority has led to an increase in both piracy and 'terrorist activity', so I'd say that foreign intervention has done far more to exacerbate the country's problems than it has to address them.

Once again? Somalia has been in choas since 1991 when they overthrew their President.

Once again? Somalia has been in choas since 1991 when they overthrew their President.

Refer to the CFR quote in one of my earlier posts. The ICU had authority over most of the country at one point.

Refer to the CFR quote in one of my earlier posts. The ICU had authority over most of the country at one point.

Obviously not enough if they got chased back by the Ethiopians, plus isn't the northern part of Somalia peaceful and asking to be their own country?

Obviously not enough if they got chased back by the Ethiopians, plus isn't the northern part of Somalia peaceful and asking to be their own country?

...The Ethiopians along with dissident groups, the United States, and AMISOM.

Somaliland? They reportedly fight alongside ash-Shabaab.

allAfrica.com: Somalia: Somaliland 'Loots' Air Cargo After Plane Makes Emergency Landing

Doesn't look like Somaliland likes the Shabab too much.

Somaliland Arrests Ten Al-shabab Suspects

Ten suspected Al-shabab members were arrested in a joint security operation that was carried out by Somaliland and American security officials in Burao, the capital of Togder region.

The operation was carried out last night in a special manner as airplanes and other military equipments were used.

Residents of Burao said they saw low flying airplanes supported by security officials on the ground on Friday night. However, Burao town is now reported to be calm, although some of the residents have panicked during last night’s operation.

Some Somaliland police officers who requested not to be mentioned said the Al-shabab suspects were later taken to Hargeysa for further questioning.

Reports indicate that the security officials who carried out the operation were looking for some well known Al-shabab members who had arrived in Burao town a few days ago. However, there are no further details on the operation and as well the arrested suspects still remain unidentified.

http://www.bar-kulan.com/2011/01/15/somaliland-arrests-ten-al-shabab-suspects/

Both Punt Land in the north and Somali Land in the south want to become independent.

But outside forces and governments insist that all of Somali be just one country with the capitol in central Mogadishu.

Take it up with the CFR.

"Experts unanimously stress that the only effective long-term piracy deterrent is a stable state. When Somalia was briefly under the control of the Islamic Courts Union in 2006, piracy stopped completely."

Combating Maritime Piracy - Council on Foreign Relations

Piracy is rampant in Malaysia as well if you havn't heard. Has been for the last 500 years.

Resistance to what preytell? Sanity? There is no government to resist. Instead you are looking at a bunch of individual warlords who are fighting over their particular patch of ground. Kind of like the warlord period of China. Only some of the Chinese actually were competent, unlike the morons in Somalia.

Both Punt Land in the north and Somali Land in the south want to become independent.

But outside forces and governments insist that all of Somali be just one country with the capitol in central Mogadishu.

Why though? if those guys have their shit together and can function as a country, I say let them. I wouldn't want anything to do with Somalia either if I were them.

Resistance to what preytell? Sanity? There is no government to resist. Instead you are looking at a bunch of individual warlords who are fighting over their particular patch of ground. Kind of like the warlord period of China. Only some of the Chinese actually were competent, unlike the morons in Somalia.
Seems like the Somali fighters beat the American Military and chased them out of Somalia. :eusa_whistle:

Seems like the Somali fighters beat the American Military and chased them out of Somalia. :eusa_whistle:

How?

Forum List

Back