Soldier's Uniform Hangs From Noose In Front Of Home

Discussion in 'Politics' started by -Cp, Feb 9, 2005.

1. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    http://www.thekcrachannel.com/news/4180042/detail.html

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Nestled in a quiet Sacramento neighborhood is a very loud political statement that is testing the very foundation of the right to free speech.

Hanging from a house in Land Park, a soldier's uniform in a noose dangles from a rooftop. The words "your tax dollars at work" are scrolled across the chest.

In a community full of patriotism, this view of the war in Iraq has not gone unnoticed.

"I think it's the ultimate sign of disrespect. We have troops dying for us," Land Park resident Mark Cohen said.

"(I'm) annoyed and disgusted. I think if this is the way someone feels they can find a better way to vent their opinions," Land Park resident Pete Miles said.

The homeowners behind the controversy are Steve and Virginia Pearcy. They released a statement saying, "There will always be people who are offended by political speech, and the most important forum of all ... is one's own residence. The First Amendment is meaningless unless dissent is allowed."

Some neighbors agree.

"Even if you don't agree with it, he has the right to state his opinion. I don't find it offensive at all," Land Park resident Cece Williams said.

[​IMG]

2. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Disgusting... frankly, I'd like to have a "free speech" rally on their front lawn.

3. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    I'd definately lead a covert op against their place of residence.

4. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Anybody want to go with me? I spent almost all of my formulative years in Sacramento and know Land Park like the back of my hand. We can be on these people's front yard in less than 24 hrs.

5. CivilLiberty

CivilLiberty Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +50

Oh yea, perform an act of terrorism against a constitutionally protected act of free expression.

Do I disagree with the message? Yes. But they have an absolute RIGHT to their statement. You do NOT have any right AT ALL to perform an act of terror against them.

Speech = Right

Terrorist Act = NOT A RIGHT.

In the same way, OCA has the right to state his bigoted and homocontemnoist views. I disagree with OCA in the extreme. But I would SHOOT SOMEONE IN THE HEAD if they were attempting to quell his speech rights with a violent act.

Regards,

Andy

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

ya know seeing something like that might make me so crazy that I just couldn't help myself--easy enough to prove these days

7. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

You're being a retard. Covert means 'secret' or 'hidden'. You equate things done in secret with Terrorism? Geesh..Mormons are terrorists to you? My brief to the CG of I Corps must be a meeting of terrorists too.

Do you see the IRONY In your statement? You'd SHOOT somebody because they were doing an act of violence. Wow. You're a winner, eh? (that's sarcasm, btw) ;)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I don't get it. What exactly is that supposed to mean?

Well, to be honest I've got a good idea, but they need to work on their anti-establishment protest imagery I think, because what they've done doesn't really make much sense.

9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Maybe they are bragging that they have a GI uniform thats' being unused and they are holding it hostage ,thus wasting tax money? :laugh:

(Actually it's free speech being used to incite an angry response.)

10. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    I WILL!!!. My hubby has 2 paintball guns that can do some damage 9when turned up to full velocity) to their windows and cars...