Soggy Texas braces for Hurricane Dean

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By ELIZABETH WHITE, Associated Press Writer
2 hours, 1 minute ago

SAN ANTONIO - Texans battled rain and flooding Saturday from the remnants of Tropical Storm Erin as Gulf Coast residents cast a wary eye toward Hurricane Dean, which strengthened to a Category 4 storm as it charged through the Caribbean.

At least six people died this week because of Erin's thunderstorms. One person remained missing.

The storm's remnants poured more rain on parts of western Texas on Saturday, and the National Weather Service said flash flood warnings remained in effect for wide sections of the state.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070818/ap_on_re_us/tropical_weather_texas

I'm about tired of this rain crap. I'm WAY more than willing to share with anyone tha wants some.:D

Dean, which forecasters said could threaten the United States by Wednesday, blew through the Caribbean on Saturday with top sustained wind strengthened to 150 mph. It was expected to steer next week into the Gulf of Mexico, with its 4,000 oil and gas platforms.

At 2 p.m. EDT, Dean was centered about 505 miles east-southeast of Kingston, Jamaica, and about 175 miles south of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, the National Hurricane Center said. It was moving west-northwest at 17 mph. Hurricane warnings were in effect for parts of the Dominican Republic, Haiti and Jamaica, a hurricane watch was posted for the Cayman Islands and Cuba issued a tropical storm warning.

Although forecasters said it was too early to tell whether the storm would eventually strike the U.S. coast somewhere, state officials were preparing for the worst.

Oh those silly Texans preparing days ahead of time! geeeeezzzzzzz..
*I hope NO and all the left wing Bush bashers are paying attention.*

"ALL THOSE FROM NEW ORLEANS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO RETURN IMMEDIATELY" (Just keep driving east).

I've been holding my breath. My oldest sun has been on a Caribbean cruise since last Sunday. They are supposed to come into port south of Houston tomorrow. No cell service. He went with his girlfriend's family, I don't know what cruiseline. Sigh.

Amen----(Was that you I saw slitting the tires on all those school busses ?)
:eusa_naughty:

We've had alot of rain this summer, but not like you guys. Just enough to keep everything 'green' which is weird in Chicago in late July/August.

It's been raining on and off all day, but only minutes of heavy, then sprinkles. Possibility of rain for the next week, daily.

Forum List

Back