Sockpuppets - why?

There are no sockpuppets at USMB.

Gunny doesn't allow IT.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

There is a bit of a difference in sock puppets, someone with multiple accounts

And the unbaned coming back as a different nic. Same idiot just a different name trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

While I appreciate the rather light and congenial flavor of this thread. . . .

1. I thought it was against the rules to have more than one USMB account? Am I wrong about that?

2. I tend to agree with Lumpy's definition as we all know that there are members with an entourage almost guaranteed to show up with a string of 'thanks' and high fives in support of the 'leader' or to attack anybody arguing with the 'leader'. "Sock puppets" seem to be an apt designation for that.

3. I know EZ has made a genuine effort to allow 'disgraced' members a graceful re-entry under a different name; however, such members are rarely given that opportunity but will invariably be accused of being their former persona. Okay, sometimes they really do come back in their old obnoxious personality, but it is tough for those really trying to turn over a new leaf.

4. Just because I'm in love or serous like with some members does not translate into my being their sock puppets. (And now I'm wondering if I have any?)

I guess I'm a sock hole kisser now cuz I just thanked you for a post I agree with, foxfyre. :lol:

1. I thought it was against the rules to have more than one USMB account? Am I wrong about that?

2. I tend to agree with Lumpy's definition as we all know that there are members with an entourage almost guaranteed to show up with a string of 'thanks' and high fives in support of the 'leader' or to attack anybody arguing with the 'leader'. "Sock puppets" seem to be an apt designation for that.

3. I know EZ has made a genuine effort to allow 'disgraced' members a graceful re-entry under a different name; however, such members are rarely given that opportunity but will invariably be accused of being their former persona. Okay, sometimes they really do come back in their old obnoxious personality, but it is tough for those really trying to turn over a new leaf.

4. Just because I'm in love or serous like with some members does not translate into my being their sock puppets. (And now I'm wondering if I have any?)

Ill be sure to tell the guy who uses my IP that he has got my socks. Does this mean i get to knock his socks off? They are very cashmere soft and i like them a lot. And it may turn into a fight on who gets to keep the socks!

:lol:

Ill be sure to tell the guy who uses my IP that he has got my socks. Does this mean i get to knock his socks off? They are very cashmere soft and i like them a lot. And it may turn into a fight on who gets to keep the socks!

Oooooo I love cashmere socks. I want all my sock puppets to be cashmere.

So i guess i need to go and jump him for snatching my socks! :lol:

Hubby (Mr. Foxfyre or Hombre) has a separate internet account for e-mail and to access USMB et all and we each have our own computers in the same office, but we both share the same Comcast provider. So I don't honestly know if we have the same ISP or not. He rarely ever posts though--only signed up to get in on EZ's March Madness thread--and I don't think there's much chance anybody will ever accuse the two of us of being the same person. :)

Hubby (Mr. Foxfyre or Hombre) has a separate internet account for e-mail and to access USMB et all and we each have our own computers in the same office, but we both share the same Comcast provider. So I don't honestly know if we have the same ISP or not. He rarely ever posts though--only signed up to get in on EZ's March Madness thread--and I don't think there's much chance anybody will ever accuse the two of us of being the same person. :)

I understand FF. Yep, you both have the same IP

Nope. The two computers will be divided into what's called a "subnet" for each, and each will have it's own IP in that. How do I know this? My son is a Systems Analyst, and whether I like it or not, he tells me more than I understand about what he knows.

Nope. The two computers will be divided into what's called a "subnet" for each, and each will have it's own IP in that. How do I know this? My son is a Systems Analyst, and whether I like it or not, he tells me more than I understand about what he knows.

I believe that would be the mac address, not IP address.. But ask him and see what he says. :)

I believe that would be the mac address, not IP address.. But ask him and see what he says. :)

And I don't have a clue but appreciate info from both of you. I'm so techie that I now recognize a computer three out of four times that I see one though.

And I don't have a clue but appreciate info from both of you. I'm so techie that I now recognize a computer three out of four times that I see one though.

A mac address is an individual computers identification. The IP address is the network address assigned by your internet provider.

So i guess i need to go and jump him for snatching my socks! :lol:
Naaaaaaaah, a quick, well placed knee to the nuts should solve that lil' dilemma once and for all!

Or just send him Jillian's way for some waterboarding action....Hell, she'll probably get the info on where all those other missing socks are hidden!

So, it's a win win all the way around.....A quick knee to the nuts, and a round trip ticket to Jillian's.......Problem solved!:cool:

Forum List

Back