Sockpuppets - why?

i started putting them in little net bags so they stay together...

little buggers.

Quit putting me and Sy in lttle net bags. That's torture, according to the UNHRC. We could sue you. Just sayin'.
Damn right it is. And when she chucks ya' in the wash, that's akin to WATERBOARDING, DAMMIT!:evil:

I know!! All that shit about being Waterboarding being torture and how she's against torture... all bullshit! :lol:

Quit putting me and Sy in lttle net bags. That's torture, according to the UNHRC. We could sue you. Just sayin'.
Damn right it is. And when she chucks ya' in the wash, that's akin to WATERBOARDING, DAMMIT!:evil:

I know!! All that shit about being Waterboarding being torture and how she's against torture... all bullshit! :lol:
For all we know, she's posting from one of those "black secret prisons".:cool:

I just knew there was somethin' secret about that woman.:evil:

In fact, she's probably has PF Tinmore strapped to the board as we speak, with George Phillip waiting in the holding cell.:eek:

Last edited:
Why are there sockpuppets? I mean, what's the point?

For the uninitiated, the sock puppet is a regular poster who has a couple of different nicks they go under. There are a couple on the USMB that I know of, but probably more, but I'm wondering; what's the point?

1) Is it one-up-man-ship?
2) So they can 'fool' everybody?
3) To shit stir?
4) To show how 'smart' they are compared to us regular Joe's by starting thread and arguments they don't believe in?
5) To show another side of their personality that they want to keep away from their 'real' nick'
6) Are nerds who want to take the piss out of regular posters and get a cheap thrill??

All the above but the main reason is fear to speak about something as themselves so they use a mask to do it instead. Fear. aka, chickenshit.

(This is for socks on the SAME BOARD. Not using different nics at different boards).

I always thought sock puppets were members that followed around the high repers, kissed their butts and did their bidding...

Hear me now, USMB.

I know full well that the majority of USMB regulars I'm familiar with harbour suspicions that I'm the alter-ego of a previously banned user. This is all down to the fact that I choose to pursue a formal manner in which to address those that I deem to be inferior human beings compared to my noble self. As composed as I shall always remain, words can't describe the damage these unfounded, spurious and utterly libellous accusations can wreak when levelled by odious, lower-class rumour merchants at decent, upstanding fellows such as myself.

A weaker, pathetic soul would use this opportunity to add an emoticon to convey their displeasure, but one must set an example when mingling with plebs.

Why are there sockpuppets? I mean, what's the point?

For the uninitiated, the sock puppet is a regular poster who has a couple of different nicks they go under. There are a couple on the USMB that I know of, but probably more, but I'm wondering; what's the point?

1) Is it one-up-man-ship?
2) So they can 'fool' everybody?
3) To shit stir?
4) To show how 'smart' they are compared to us regular Joe's by starting thread and arguments they don't believe in?
5) To show another side of their personality that they want to keep away from their 'real' nick'
6) Are nerds who want to take the piss out of regular posters and get a cheap thrill??

Turn 'em in... git 'em banned.

Hear me now, USMB.

I know full well that the majority of USMB regulars I'm familiar with harbour suspicions that I'm the alter-ego of a previously banned user. This is all down to the fact that I choose to pursue a formal manner in which to address those that I deem to be inferior human beings compared to my noble self. As composed as I shall always remain, words can't describe the damage these unfounded, spurious and utterly libellous accusations can wreak when levelled by odious, lower-class rumour merchants at decent, upstanding fellows such as myself.

A weaker, pathetic soul would use this opportunity to add an emoticon to convey their displeasure, but one must set an example when mingling with plebs.

Well we know you are not conjob :lol:

Forum List

Back