Soccer plane crash survivors fined $30K for missing match

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Soccer plane crash survivors fined $30K for missing match | New York Post

Wow. And I thought I had it bad:

The surviving members of the Brazilian soccer team that lost most of its players when its plane crashed in Colombia have been fined $30,000 for missing their final match of the season, according to a report.

Nineteen players from the Chapecoense team were among the 71 of 77 people who perished when LaMia’s Avro RJ85 crashed Nov. 28 near Medellin en route to the Copa Sudamericana final against Atletico Nacional.

The surviving members of the Brazilian soccer team that lost most of its players when its plane crashed in Colombia have been fined $30,000 for missing their final match of the season, according to a report.

Nineteen players from the Chapecoense team were among the 71 of 77 people who perished when LaMia’s Avro RJ85 crashed Nov. 28 near Medellin en route to the Copa Sudamericana final against Atletico Nacional.

Were they really "fined" or not paid for games they didn't play?

Were they really "fined" or not paid for games they didn't play?
The article actually states that they were not fined.

In other developments, a Brazilian soccer group refuted reports Monday that Chapecoense was fined almost $30,000 for missing its final match of the season against Atletico Mineiro.

ESPN Deportes initially reported that the Brazilian Football Confederation fined the team $29,850 and handed the teams automatic 3-0 defeats for not playing.

“We do not have any application of financial punishment to the Chapecoense team,” Fernando Torres, an official with the soccer group, told The Post in a statement.

This is something that the airline should be responsible for.

There was a lot more revenue loss from the cancellation of the game too.

The pilot and his airline were ultimately responsible for the crash.

He chose not to refuel and flew directly through instead -- stupid idea.

Now people are dead.

This is something that the airline should be responsible for.

There was a lot more revenue loss from the cancellation of the game too.

The pilot and his airline were ultimately responsible for the crash.

He chose not to refuel and flew directly through instead -- stupid idea.

Now people are dead.

A tragedy that appears to have been completely avoidable. Why anyone would choose to roll the dice with peoples live is astounding. A sense of comfort and confidence when in reality 1000's of things could go wrong which are not in your control, which is why a pilot should always focus on safety and operate by the book.

Forum List

Back