The way laws are written

IceMan30

Sep 24, 2016
When writing an idea for a law, you can't leave anything to chance, you can't leave other people's interpretation of it to chance.
Something that is poorly defined is a toy for a lawyer.
And the judge can't make the law by holding A defendant to the judge's own standards for the interpretation of a law with low quality wording, because that would set a slippery slope toward the Government having a culture that a single person could possibly have, and act as an individual instead.

There is a reason why laws are not written like personal letters, notes and memos, but rather like lists or catalogs and contracts and with examples that lead the reader toward a definition.
Because laws are complicated and it takes less time to write it that way, and its easier to comprehend.

Lawyers get paid to get defendants off the hook not to say You're right Your Honor, My client is guilty, you got me.
The lawyer is going say stupid shit like "I don't know what that means" even if he does full well knows what something means.. to know what things mean isn't his job.
His job is to make you do the work.

You have to defeat his lawyer and beat the lawyer to the punch with a good legal writing form.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Here's an example of a law written in the personal culture of John F. Doe

Dear Businessmen.
Businessmen must allow their waitresses 45 minutes to eat their peas and carrots.

Here is what that means to a court.

Only MEN can be in business, (or) The law applies only to men.
Only females can be servers.
The servers (whom presumably is owned by the business men) must eat peas and carrots ONLY.
The Men who own the businesses, because men are the only people who can businesses, must allow their females 45 minutes to eat.

It doesn't take a fucking genius to know how badly such words can be twisted.
It comes out a totally different letter than what YOU think that you wrote.

The judge knows what you mean, and so does the lawyer.
But its not their job to give you credit for it.
It's your job to write better.

Last edited:
That's why think tanks and organization like ALEC "craft" legislation in the US; one cannot leave anything to "the people".

• Banned
That's why think tanks and organization like ALEC "craft" legislation in the US; one cannot leave anything to "the people".

And by the way, the idea that I had to make a law making socioeconomic status a limited birth right wouldn't succeed.
First of all because when you're 18 years old, you're 18, you're an adult within limits.
The parents have fulfilled their only obligation to you, that is for you to survive at all whatsoever, until you are 18.
And you can't make a crime out of being an asshole.

Even if it did succeed, how high do you want an asshole to jump for somebody that they don't care about ?
That's where things get messy.

Last edited:

And by the way, the idea that I had to make a law making socioeconomic status a limited birth right wouldn't succeed.
First of all because when you're 18 years old, you're 18, you're an adult within limits.
The parents have fulfilled their only obligation to you, that is for you to survive at all whatsoever, until you are 18.

Even if it did succeed, how high do you want an asshole to jump for somebody that they don't care about ?

I rather think the deal cut with my parents or my kids has nothing to do with you or any govt; never has or will.

• Banned

I rather think the deal cut with my parents or my kids has nothing to do with you or any govt; never has or will.

That's YOU not society and not the law.

Exactly, thanks.

• Banned

Exactly, thanks.

When you ask the government for help, it must only give you help that ALL people can utilize.
That's why its called a law, and not a customized solution.

Customized solutions are for YOU to come up with or privately SELL.
The government holds people to society's standards which are an arbitrarily formed legal MINIMUM.

Forum List

Back