So you want to be CIA analyst?

hylandrdet

Oct 5, 2004
Tennessee
Today I declined an offer to apply for one of the CIA's +100 open analyst jobs? Why? I cited this site as one, NOT THE PRIMARY, but one of the many reasons; I don't want to be the next Helen, or shall I say, Hal of Troy.

One, You MUST be APOLITICAL in order to become a successful analyst. You must be ready to tell a liberal that the solutions to their problems may sometimes lie within conservative ideas, most inportant, you must apply the vica versa to the conservatives. Second, the people you're advising must seriously consider the options you have for them. I'm capable of being apolitical, but I'm not capable of lying in order to tell them what they want to hear.

It's one thing to tell you guys something, you don't listen and I come back to tell you that I'd told you so, for free; it another when I tell these guys something, they don't listen, people die and I still get paid for it. That's blood money, I don't need that sh#t in my life; I have enough food on my "conscience plate" as is!

But if you were wondering as to what the next major terrorist move will be. I'll give you this hint:

Timing is everything to a terrorist; it's not WHO they kill, or how many, it's WHEN they kill you! Were you actually surprised at the timing of the recent bombing at the mess hall? Think about it!

Every soldier who was killed in that attack stood a good chance for THEIR BODIES to make it back to their families in time for CHRISTMAS! The targets of the attack were not the soldiers themselves as much as it was the families of those soldiers.

Are they going to attack on Iraq's election day? My analysis say yes, but for effect. The worst will happen later. The Hint- They're seeking post-election information first!

hylandrdet said:
Timing is everything to a terrorist; it's not WHO they kill, or how many, it's WHEN they kill you! Were you actually surprised at the timing of the recent bombing at the mess hall? Think about it!

Did you ever consider that this was the first time they could get someone into the mess tent?

hylandrdet said:
Every soldier who was killed in that attack stood a good chance for THEIR BODIES to make it back to their families in time for CHRISTMAS! The targets of the attack were not the soldiers themselves as much as it was the families of those soldiers.

Now the insurgents know our schedule for shipping bodies home?

hylandrdet said:
Are they going to attack on Iraq's election day? My analysis say yes, but for effect. The worst will happen later. The Hint- They're seeking post-election information first!

Or maybe they will simply step up the attacks in an effort to stop the elections, since having the elections at all can be construed as a loss for the insurgents and a win for the US and Iraqi government.

Forum List

Back