So...who is getting a flu shot?

I probably should consider getting a flu shot, as I live with a pre-schooler and a nurse, but I won't.

It's not that I have any fears about the safety of the vaccine, I'm just lazy. :redface:

Maybe if I get the flu this year, I'll get one next year.

You aren't the one at higher risk.

It's the preschooler who is most likely to die from complications of influenza. You might not even know you have it.

or maybe you'll get it, feel sick one day, and then wake up with a dead liver....

or a dead heart.

But meh, it's just the flu.

Get flu shots. It's the right thing to do, not just for you, but for humanity. It slows down the spread, it interrupts the mutation rate, it's a good thing.

NO. It's a bad idea. I would be a horrible and irresponsible parent if I did.

FDA admits in court case that vaccines still contain mercury
http://www.naturalnews.com/035432_vaccines_mercury_court_case.html#
You should check what is in your flu shot. Hardly anyone does.

http://dr-king.com/docs/110915_PGKReviewOfUSSubmissionToUNEP_b.pdf
I prefer to follow that money.
http://www.wanttoknow.info/060215vaccinesmercurydangers

"Just before President Bush signed the homeland security bill into law an unknown member of Congress inserted a provision into the legislation that blocks lawsuits against the maker of a controversial [mercury-based] vaccine preservative called "thimerosal," used in vaccines that are given to children."
The Man Behind The Vaccine Mystery
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/12/12/eveningnews/main532886.shtml

So how many people have died from mercury poisoning attributable to flu vaccines?

oh yeah, none.

How many have died of influenza?

You may take your stupid ass over to the conspiracy theory forum now. Good bye.

If you had bothered to investigate what I was truly trying to state, you would understand that I am not at all trying to imply that low level mercury toxicity causes death. Rather, what I am stating is that it is a generalized health risk.

Up till this point, environmental exposure to mercury has been widely regarded as just occurring through consumption of contaminated fish and breathing polluted air. If you are aware and educated, you will also know that you face mercury poisoning risk through mercury vapors given off from amalgam fillings, and should one of those "new" CF light bulbs happen to break in your home and not be properly dealt with, you are also at risk.

However, by far, your most risky exposure, the exposure that takes the least amount of mercury to harm your health, is through vaccines. This is because it is injected directly into your blood stream.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fv9pPgh3c0]The effects of Mercury on the Brain - [Brain Damage / Neurological Disorders] - YouTube[/ame]

How many have died of influenza?

I think the important question is not how many have died of influenza, but how many have not gotten the flu because of the vaccine. And the answer to that question is, apparently, not a lot.

Does the Vaccine Matter?
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2009/11/does-the-vaccine-matter/307723/?single_page=true

Jackson’s findings showed that outside of flu season, the baseline risk of death among people who did not get vaccinated was approximately 60 percent higher than among those who did, lending support to the hypothesis that on average, healthy people chose to get the vaccine, while the “frail elderly” didn’t or couldn’t. In fact, the healthy-user effect explained the entire benefit that other researchers were attributing to flu vaccine, suggesting that the vaccine itself might not reduce mortality at all. Jackson’s papers “are beautiful,” says Lone Simonsen, who is a professor of global health at George Washington University, in Washington, D.C., and an internationally recognized expert in influenza and vaccine epidemiology. “They are classic studies in epidemiology, they are so carefully done.”

The results were also so unexpected that many experts simply refused to believe them. Jackson’s papers were turned down for publication in the top-ranked medical journals. One flu expert who reviewed her studies for the Journal of the American Medical Association wrote, “To accept these results would be to say that the earth is flat!” When the papers were finally published in 2006, in the less prominent International Journal of Epidemiology, they were largely ignored by doctors and public-health officials. “The answer I got,” says Jackson, “was not the right answer.”

I am not here to attack your point of view. I am here to tell you that you have the choice to read the literature and research I have done for you, and make your own decisions about what you feel is best for you and your family. If you choose not to believe the science I have led you to? It is no cause to attack me. Why do you feel the need to attack the one who brings you the facts when they disagree with your world view? Your style of discussion leaves much to be desired.

707px-Graham%27s_Hierarchy_of_Disagreement1.svg.png

Yeah, conspiracy theorist.

Read up on the influenza epidemics..that no longer decimate a huge percentage of our population, thanks to the vaccines.

Meanwhile, from your own source:

"Jackson’s findings showed that outside of flu season, the baseline risk of death among people who did not get vaccinated was approximately 60 percent higher than among those who did."

They do work, they do save lives.

If you are willing to take one for the team, go for it. You will not find people in the medical field who subscribe to your particular brand of lunacy. They know it works, they see it work, and they understand how it works. And so do I. Try to avoid the anti-pharmaceutical nut sites if you can in the future, maybe you'll be taken more seriously. And while you can go ahead and think you're schooling me re: logical fallacy, you're just making an idiot of yourself when you do it. Yes, I aced Critical Thinking. And biology, and every college English/lit/composition/writing class I ever enrolled in. Save it for your stoner buddies who think you're special.

Last edited:
i realized i was going to work the october fest....and would be exposed to people all over the southeast.....so we went to get the flu shots last night...it hurt

Read up on the influenza epidemics..that no longer decimate a huge percentage of our population, thanks to the vaccines.

"Jackson’s findings showed that outside of flu season, the baseline risk of death among people who did not get vaccinated was approximately 60 percent higher than among those who did."

If you are willing to take one for the team, go for it. You will not find people in the medical field who subscribe to your particular brand of lunacy. They know it works, they see it work, and they understand how it works. And so do I. Try to avoid the anti-pharmaceutical nut sites if you can in the future, maybe you'll be taken more seriously. And while you can go ahead and think you're schooling me re: logical fallacy, you're just making an idiot of yourself when you do it. Yes, I aced Critical Thinking. And biology, and every college English/lit/composition/writing class I ever enrolled in. Save it for your stoner buddies who think you're special.

I don't know what, "anti-pharmaceutical" site you are talking about. And even if such site did exist, do you not agree that being skeptical of the motives of a muliti-billion dollar industry is a good thing?

There are no such things as, "flu pandemics." Turn off your TV. There has only ever been one "flu pandemic," and that was the Spanish flu of 1918–1920. If you had bothered to read about the flu and educate yourself, you would know that at this time, aspirin had just come in to use in the wider population, and it was widely abused.

The popularity of aspirin grew over the first half of the 20th century, spurred by its supposed effectiveness in the wake of the Spanish flu pandemic of 1918. However, recent research suggests the high death toll of the 1918 flu was partly due to aspirin, as the doses used at times can lead to toxicity, fluid in the lungs, and, in some cases, contribute to secondary bacterial infections and mortality.[145] Aspirin's profitability led to fierce competition and the proliferation of aspirin brands and products, especially after the American patent held by Bayer expired in 1917. [146][147]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin#History

Other than that, most so called, "flu pandemics?" really only kill a million or so people. Considering that population of the earth to be some 6 billion, this is all hype to sell an unproven technology that has been shown to have less efficacy than the well know ancient elderberry treatment. That treatment has been studied and shown to have even more proven results that both Tamiflu and the vaccine. Scientists and the public know it to work. But you know, there isn't a whole lot of money in it, so the majority of the people don't know it is your best defense, better than the vaccine. :lol:
http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/20031222/elderberry-fights-flu-symptoms

You clearly did not read the article. What that segment I quoted meant, is that it did not matter if the people that were chronically unhealthy had the vaccine or not, their percentage chance of mortality was roughly equal.

People that tended to have healthy habits, regarding cleanliness, taking care of themselves, exercising, paying attention to nutrition, etc, had lower mortality rates.

The only two things your post proves to me is that one, you did not read the article, and two, you do not know how to comprehend what you read if you did.

734056_368672126568758_1924439977_n.jpg

Lastly, refer to my previous post in regards to your methods of discussing this topic. Just because you are well educated, have jumped through the hoops of the foundation controlled education system, and did everything they told you, does not mean you learned how to think. When you have nothing, abusing the messenger is usually the last refuge of a desperate person.

flu pandemics? mother nature has tossed a couple of good ones out...lately....mars...avian flu....so far containment has worked...so far...but as the virus become more resistant mother nature will win and thin out the herds as needed...there will be another pandemic...it may not be the flu...but something will hit...think about the causes of the spanish one....men returning from war....the spreading was fast and quick...the next one will be like that....hitting people before they can be on top of it..

man kind has become rather hubris with the containment and treatment of aids..which was heralded as a population killing virus....

we still have cases of the bubonic plague....hansen's disease and many other so called cured diseases...it is only a matter of time before mother nature reacts to this growing population that is killing the earth...quote all the science you wish....it will happen...of course you can claim anything will happen in a matter of time...

i realized i was going to work the october fest....and would be exposed to people all over the southeast.....so we went to get the flu shots last night...it hurt

I get one every year. I never wanted to take the chance as I worked very closely with pharmacies and they had sick people around all the time. Don't forget your pneumonia shot if you haven't had one in two or more years.

o i have had that shot a few times...use to be every 10 years or so you had to get one...now they are saying....o you have had plenty dont worry about it...seems they last for a life time now?

o i have had that shot a few times...use to be every 10 years or so you had to get one...now they are saying....o you have had plenty dont worry about it...seems they last for a life time now?

That would be great, I've had them every two years so I should be good. I've never had pneumonia.

I don't know what, "anti-pharmaceutical" site you are talking about. And even if such site did exist, do you not agree that being skeptical of the motives of a muliti-billion dollar industry is a good thing?

There are no such things as, "flu pandemics." Turn off your TV. There has only ever been one "flu pandemic," and that was the Spanish flu of 1918–1920. If you had bothered to read about the flu and educate yourself, you would know that at this time, aspirin had just come in to use in the wider population, and it was widely abused.

The popularity of aspirin grew over the first half of the 20th century, spurred by its supposed effectiveness in the wake of the Spanish flu pandemic of 1918. However, recent research suggests the high death toll of the 1918 flu was partly due to aspirin, as the doses used at times can lead to toxicity, fluid in the lungs, and, in some cases, contribute to secondary bacterial infections and mortality.[145] Aspirin's profitability led to fierce competition and the proliferation of aspirin brands and products, especially after the American patent held by Bayer expired in 1917. [146][147]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin#History

Other than that, most so called, "flu pandemics?" really only kill a million or so people. Considering that population of the earth to be some 6 billion, this is all hype to sell an unproven technology that has been shown to have less efficacy than the well know ancient elderberry treatment. That treatment has been studied and shown to have even more proven results that both Tamiflu and the vaccine. Scientists and the public know it to work. But you know, there isn't a whole lot of money in it, so the majority of the people don't know it is your best defense, better than the vaccine. :lol:
http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/20031222/elderberry-fights-flu-symptoms

You clearly did not read the article. What that segment I quoted meant, is that it did not matter if the people that were chronically unhealthy had the vaccine or not, their percentage chance of mortality was roughly equal.

People that tended to have healthy habits, regarding cleanliness, taking care of themselves, exercising, paying attention to nutrition, etc, had lower mortality rates.

The only two things your post proves to me is that one, you did not read the article, and two, you do not know how to comprehend what you read if you did.

734056_368672126568758_1924439977_n.jpg

Lastly, refer to my previous post in regards to your methods of discussing this topic. Just because you are well educated, have jumped through the hoops of the foundation controlled education system, and did everything they told you, does not mean you learned how to think. When you have nothing, abusing the messenger is usually the last refuge of a desperate person.

I have no problem with thinking, thanks. Or with facts. As always, loons like to point out imagined faults in others that they demostrably exhibit themselves, and you are no different.

The medical community rejected your ridiculous theory, and your own material points out the huge discrepency between death rates of those who don't take the immunization, vs. those who do, which according to you is the indication of whether or not the administration of the innoculations is justified.

It is. One of the most important aspects of being able to think is to realize when you're disproving your own point. But like most conspiracy theorists, you conveniently either don't notice, or just ignore, facts that fly in the face of your fable.

o you need to check....i really think they have changed that every few years...

well no it does seem the websites are saying every 5 to 10 years...so i need to check that...i have been vaccinated for about everything you can...hep b...i have had the shingles....so that is just gonna really piss me off if i get them again

I have never had a Flu Shot in my 47 years & have been just fine so I do not intend to ever get one. Many of my extended family got them & weeks later got every strain of the Flu that their shot was supposed to prevent. They went & got tested which proved they had the same strains of Flu as the vaccine contained. Catching one strain is bad enough, but being intentionally infected by both strains at the same time had to be tortured hell.

It is just another money making scam foisted on the unsuspecting public. Our "healthcare" system will do anything to keep you coming back for more. Every doctor visit ends with an attempt to schedule you for a "follow-up appointment".

If you are in good health, going into a den of infection for "preventive care" is going to relieve you of a lot of your hard earned wealth.

Last edited:
"
1918 – 1919

Illness from the 1918 flu pandemic, also known as the Spanish flu, came on quickly. Some people felt fine in the morning but died by nightfall. People who caught the Spanish Flu but did not die from it often died from complications caused by bacteria, such as pneumonia.
During the 1918 pandemic:

• Approximately 20% to 40% of the worldwide population became ill
  • An estimated 50 million people died
  • Nearly 675,000 people died in the United States
Unlike earlier pandemics and seasonal flu outbreaks, the 1918 pandemic flu saw high mortality rates among healthy adults. In fact, the illness and mortality rates were highest among adults 20 to 50 years old. The reasons for this remain unknown."

"

1957 – 1958

In February 1957, a new flu virus was identified in the Far East. Immunity to this strain was rare in people younger than 65. A pandemic was predicted. To prepare, health officials closely monitored flu outbreaks. Vaccine production began in late May 1957 and was available in limited supply by August 1957.
In the summer of 1957, the virus came to the United States quietly with a series of small outbreaks. When children returned to school in the fall, they spread the disease in classrooms and brought it home to their families. Infection rates peaked among school children, young adults, and pregnant women in October 1957. By December 1957, the worst seemed to be over.
However, another wave of illness came in January and February of 1958. This is an example of the potential "second wave" of infections that can happen during a pandemic.
Most influenza–and pneumonia–related deaths occurred between September 1957 and March 1958. Although the 1957 pandemic was not as devastating as the 1918 pandemic, about 69,800 people in the United States died. The elderly had the highest rates of death."

"

1968 – 1969

In early 1968, a new flu virus was detected in Hong Kong. The first cases in the United States were detected as early as September 1968. Illness was not widespread in the United States until December 1968. Deaths from this virus peaked in December 1968 and January 1969. Those over the age of 65 were most likely to die. The number of deaths between September 1968 and March 1969 was 33,800, making it the mildest flu pandemic in the 20th century. The same virus returned in 1970 and 1972.
There could be several reasons fewer people in the United States died due to this virus:

• The Hong Kong flu virus was similar in some ways to the 1957 pandemic flu virus. This might have provided some immunity against the Hong Kong flu virus.
  • The Hong Kong flu virus hit in December of 1968, when school children were on vacation. This caused a decline in flu cases because children were not at school to infect one another. This also prevented it from spreading into their homes.
  • Improved medical care and antibiotics that are more effective for secondary bacterial infections were available for those who became ill."
"

2009 – 2010

In the spring of 2009, a new flu virus spread quickly across the United States and the world. The first U.S. case of H1N1 (swine flu) was diagnosed on April 15, 2009. By April 21, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was working to develop a vaccine for this new virus. On April 26, the U.S. government declared H1N1 a public health emergency.
By June, 18,000 cases of H1N1 had been reported in the United States. A total of 74 countries were affected by the pandemic. H1N1 vaccine supply was limited in the beginning. People at the highest risk of complications got the vaccine first.
By November 2009, 48 states had reported cases of H1N1, mostly in young people. That same month, over 61 million vaccine doses were ready. Reports of flu activity began to decline in parts of the country, which gave the medical community a chance to vaccinate more people. 80 million people were vaccinated against H1N1, which minimized the impact of the illness.
The CDC estimates that 43 million to 89 million people had H1N1 between April 2009 and April 2010. They estimate between 8,870 and 18,300 H1N1 related deaths."

Pandemic Flu History | Flu.gov

There are two problems with influenza vacciations, neither of which indicates they should be scrapped.

One is that they take months to develop, and cannot be developed until the virus anticipated to cause the most problems surfaces.

The second problem is that there isn't enough to fully vaccinate the world, and there are concerns that those who have quantities of the vaccine will hoard it

However either of those things indicate that the vaccine is worthless or should be avoided. There is no doubt that they save lives in the populations in which they are administered. Which is why it's so important to get them, if you can.

Influenza pandemic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have never had a Flu Shot in my 47 years & have been just fine so I do not intend to ever get one. Many of my extended family got them & weeks later got every strain of the Flu that their shot was supposed to prevent. They went & got tested which proved they had the same strains of Flu as the vaccine contained. Catching one strain is bad enough, but being intentionally infected by both strains at the same time had to be tortured hell.

It is just another money making scam foisted on the unsuspecting public. Our "healthcare" system will do anything to keep you coming back for more. Every doctor visit ends with an attempt to schedule you for a "follow-up appointment".

If you are in good health, going into a den of infection for "preventive care" is going to relieve you of a lot of your hard earned wealth.

Yeah, I've never had tetanus or rabies.....but that doesn't mean there's no risk. That's a poor argument for not getting a flu vaccination. You've never been exposed to the virulent viruses that come primarily from pigs and birds from Asia. Good for you. Trust me, it doesn't mean that the baby next door couldn't catch it and die.

People are so amazingly stupid. They've grown complacent and ignorant, living in a country that has up till now, had the best health practices and medical care in the world.

That is changing as we speak.

I have been in emergency meetings with CDC workers during the H1N1 pandemic when a local children's camp was hit so hard they had a hundred kids in cots outside because there was no room for them in the infirmary. Those people were terrified, and they were not faking it or shills for the government. They were on the ground, working with very sick kids, and eye witnesses to the rapidity with which it spread, and the potential for death.

I don't give a crap if middle aged, out of work conspiracy theorists drop dead. But kids need the innoculations.

Yeah, I've never had tetanus or rabies.....but that doesn't mean there's no risk. That's a poor argument for not getting a flu vaccination. You've never been exposed to the virulent viruses that come primarily from pigs and birds from Asia. Good for you. Trust me, it doesn't mean that the baby next door couldn't catch it and die.

How did my family members who got the Flu shot catch both strains of Flu in the shot & those of us who did not get the shot, did not get the Flu? We were all exposed to these family members & should have caught at least one strain of it.

Forum List

Back