So...who is getting a flu shot?

People die from influenza a lot more frequently than they react to vaccines.

I wish I'd gotten mine about a week ago, when they first came out. Now I've got some lower gi thing that's been going around and it's freaking killing me. I don't know if it's flu or some other bug but my gut is seriously not happy, and hasn't been for a couple of days.

I got mine on Sunday. I started getting flu shots about 10 years ago, and haven't had the flu at all.

Works for me.

My mom's a nurse, my niece a doc, and I worked in group homes, in a jail, in detention...I do believe it was a requirement in at least a couple of those places...and if my mom and niece advise it, I trust them. But mostly I know how deadly influenza can be if it gets a foothold in the population, and I know who are the most likely to get wiped out...kids, people with compromised immune systems and the elderly. As everybody knows, I'm not a believer in 'we need fewer people on the planet anyway' so I go ahead and do my part to keep people alive and continue moving forward, rather than backwards, in regards to health practices.

Last edited:
Never have and never will. I trust Nature to do its job, just like it does the rest of the year.

Forgive me if I find gummint-driven fear tactics less than convincing.

Never have and never will. I trust Nature to do its job, just like it does the rest of the year.

Forgive me if I find gummint-driven fear tactics less than convincing.

yeah, as i already said, I'm not one of the "the influenza is the good side of nature making sure that we dont' have too many babies or old people on the planet! Let'er rip, mother nature! Fuck those people, who needs em?"

That's not me. I believe progress means increasing the health of a population, and moving forward with medicine with the ultimate goal of savign lives...not eliminating the population.

Get flu shots. It's the right thing to do, not just for you, but for humanity. It slows down the spread, it interrupts the mutation rate, it's a good thing.

NO. It's a bad idea. I would be a horrible and irresponsible parent if I did.

FDA admits in court case that vaccines still contain mercury
http://www.naturalnews.com/035432_vaccines_mercury_court_case.html#
(NaturalNews) It is a common myth today that the vaccines administered to children no longer contain the toxic additive thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative linked to causing permanent neurological damage. But a recent federal case involving the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has revealed that, contrary to this widely-held belief, thimerosal is actually still present in many batch vaccines, including in the annual influenza vaccine that is now administered to children as young as six months old.

Filed by a citizen-backed coalition advocating vaccine safety, the lawsuit against the FDA alleged that the agency's continued endorsement and approval of thimerosal as a vaccine additive is a serious public health threat, especially since safer alternatives already exist and are widely used voluntarily by many vaccine manufacturers. But Judge Brett Kavanaugh, siding with antiquated pseudoscience, decided that thimerosal is not a health threat, and that those who wish to avoid it can simply choose thimerosal-free alternatives.
You should check what is in your flu shot. Hardly anyone does.

http://dr-king.com/docs/110915_PGKReviewOfUSSubmissionToUNEP_b.pdf
First, this reviewer does not disagree with much of what is said in the preceding paragraph concerning vaccines. However, most of the vaccines that truly “have contributed greatly to the health and well-being of children, adolescents, and adults” neither contain Thimerosal nor use Thimerosal as a preservative. Further, this reviewer notes that even the FDA has admitted that the safety of Thimerosal, when used as a preservative, has not been established to the regulatory standard, “sufficiently nontoxic ...”
4 This fact was established in a three-year investigation by a United States House Committee and set forth in the “A. Findings” section of its published 2003 report as set forth in Title 21 of the United States Code of Federal Regulations (21 CFR) at paragraph 610.15(a) [21 CFR § 610.15(a)].5
I prefer to follow that money.
http://www.wanttoknow.info/060215vaccinesmercurydangers

"Just before President Bush signed the homeland security bill into law an unknown member of Congress inserted a provision into the legislation that blocks lawsuits against the maker of a controversial [mercury-based] vaccine preservative called "thimerosal," used in vaccines that are given to children."
The Man Behind The Vaccine Mystery
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/12/12/eveningnews/main532886.shtml

So how many people have died from mercury poisoning attributable to flu vaccines?

oh yeah, none.

How many have died of influenza?

You may take your stupid ass over to the conspiracy theory forum now. Good bye.

I'm still thinking about whether I wanna give it a "shot" (pun intended) this year. I got the flu right after my mastectomy and it was NOT fun. Then again...getting shots over a "what if" also does not float my boat.

I gotta think on it some more.

I read up on who should and shouldn't or doesn't need to have one and I fall in between the cracks. Those who work out in the public...kids, nursing homes, etc...SHOULD. Those that are like me that never go anywhere and is homebound? Not needed so much. BUT..I have roomies. THEY go to college. THEY are out in the public. And THEY bring it home. Which is how I got it last january. So do I or don't I need one? I dunno. I gotta ponder it.

I probably should consider getting a flu shot, as I live with a pre-schooler and a nurse, but I won't.

It's not that I have any fears about the safety of the vaccine, I'm just lazy. :redface:

Maybe if I get the flu this year, I'll get one next year.

Count on the fact that there will be no media hype about a flu epidemic this year because the feds have their hands full with the Hussein/care debacle.

So get this...my insurance will pay for me to walk into a Rite Aid or Walmart and get a shot on the spot.

They will not pay for my children to get their shot that way, however. For my insurance to pay for my kids' flu shots, they have to receive it from their PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN.

And he's making appointments 2 months out.

This is the collateral that Obama and progressives don't give a shit about. My daughter almost died of RSV whatever (viral respiratory) when she was an infant and is highly susceptible to anything bronchial.

By the time she gets her flu shot, IF they still have them, we'll be in the middle of flu season. She will have already been exposed.

Forum List

Back