So...who is getting a flu shot?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
I have never had one. I don't think I want to start, either. They scare me. The flu does too, but I think I would rather take my chances without the shot.

I had one every year for three years and I never got so much as a sniffle. The first year work stopped offering them, everyone got the darned flu.

I swear by them. They work!

I have never had one. I don't think I want to start, either. They scare me. The flu does too, but I think I would rather take my chances without the shot.

One year, before getting the available flu vaccine, I caught the flu and had never been sicker in my life. I was miserably ill for days. I missed several days of work and wages, and when I went back it took 3 weeks before my energy was restored. I vowed to take a flu shot every year, and have done so and never had the flu, since. I get the flu shot every September or October and my doctor tells me I never need any booster shot. :thup:

The flu season in America is from fall to spring, according to everything I have read recently.

hey another great thing about being diabetic....you are forced to take the damn flu vaccine

What do you mean, "forced?" :eusa_shifty:

forced may not be the right word....i told them 5 times i would not take the flu shot....it was like...no, no thank you.....then suddenly i am sitting there with two medical people going you must do this...for your long term health blah blah blah...but since them i have learned...flu or being sick is real hard on diabetics...makes our bg soar for no reason

and it did hurt!

Everyone I know gets their flu shot each year and they bug the heck out of me because I refuse to get one.

I have never gotten the flu and don't want to jinx myself by getting the shot.

Because I know sure as heck if I get the shot; I will come down with the flu. ... :doubt:

:thup:

Me too.

I got bronchitis twice the last 10 years.I can't recall ever getting the Flu.
One year I was in the Doctor's office for a checkup and the Doctor offered it and I got it.
I have no desire to get one this year.

However I have to work in a nursing home from time to time and they want their employees to get a shot or they will have to wear a mask around residents.I have no idea if this will be required of me.

Count on the fact that there will be no media hype about a flu epidemic this year because the feds have their hands full with the Hussein/care debacle.

I get one almost every year, and the kids get them every year, including my now grown kids. People kid themselves thinking that the flu isn't potentially deadly...and it can very quickly kill otherwise healthy people. Many, many more people die of influenza every year than have died or even grown ill from flu shots since flu shots came into being.

I didn't get one the year of h1N1...the kids did. I was sicker than I remember ever being in my life, and for a longer time. I knew a girl who had to get a liver transplant in her early 20s thanks to a bout of flu.

Get flu shots. It's the right thing to do, not just for you, but for humanity. It slows down the spread, it interrupts the mutation rate, it's a good thing.

Get flu shots. It's the right thing to do, not just for you, but for humanity. It slows down the spread, it interrupts the mutation rate, it's a good thing.

NO. It's a bad idea. I would be a horrible and irresponsible parent if I did.

FDA admits in court case that vaccines still contain mercury
http://www.naturalnews.com/035432_vaccines_mercury_court_case.html#
(NaturalNews) It is a common myth today that the vaccines administered to children no longer contain the toxic additive thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative linked to causing permanent neurological damage. But a recent federal case involving the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has revealed that, contrary to this widely-held belief, thimerosal is actually still present in many batch vaccines, including in the annual influenza vaccine that is now administered to children as young as six months old.

Filed by a citizen-backed coalition advocating vaccine safety, the lawsuit against the FDA alleged that the agency's continued endorsement and approval of thimerosal as a vaccine additive is a serious public health threat, especially since safer alternatives already exist and are widely used voluntarily by many vaccine manufacturers. But Judge Brett Kavanaugh, siding with antiquated pseudoscience, decided that thimerosal is not a health threat, and that those who wish to avoid it can simply choose thimerosal-free alternatives.

You should check what is in your flu shot. Hardly anyone does.

http://dr-king.com/docs/110915_PGKReviewOfUSSubmissionToUNEP_b.pdf
First, this reviewer does not disagree with much of what is said in the preceding paragraph concerning vaccines. However, most of the vaccines that truly “have contributed greatly to the health and well-being of children, adolescents, and adults” neither contain Thimerosal nor use Thimerosal as a preservative. Further, this reviewer notes that even the FDA has admitted that the safety of Thimerosal, when used as a preservative, has not been established to the regulatory standard, “sufficiently nontoxic ...”
4 This fact was established in a three-year investigation by a United States House Committee and set forth in the “A. Findings” section of its published 2003 report as set forth in Title 21 of the United States Code of Federal Regulations (21 CFR) at paragraph 610.15(a) [21 CFR § 610.15(a)].5

I prefer to follow that money.
http://www.wanttoknow.info/060215vaccinesmercurydangers

"Just before President Bush signed the homeland security bill into law an unknown member of Congress inserted a provision into the legislation that blocks lawsuits against the maker of a controversial [mercury-based] vaccine preservative called "thimerosal," used in vaccines that are given to children."

The Man Behind The Vaccine Mystery
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/12/12/eveningnews/main532886.shtml

You could get the flu still...but the version you get will be much less virulent than what you would get without the shot.

Unless you are unfortunate enough to get a shot during a year where they just completely miss the killer flu when they develop the vaccine...it's part art and part science trying to figure out what virus to target and innoculate, since they have to start long before flu season gets going.

I got mine several weeks ago.
Quick and painless.

Forum List

Back