So when Liberals use the word "hate" more frequently then conservatives

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
It is called "psychological projection" and it is a form of defense mechanism in which someone attributes thoughts, feelings, and ideas which are perceived as undesirable to someone else. For example, someone who harbors racist ideas while believing that racism is socially undesirable might come to believe that a friend is racist, projecting his or her racism onto the other person. Projection may manifest in all kinds of ways, and while it may be a defense mechanism, it can also be very destructive.
What is Psychological Projection? (with picture)

These three threads for example:
"Why do people hate Liberals?"
"Do Right Wingers Believe Obama and most ALL Democrats hate America? "
"Obama and ALL Democrats hate America"

are all from liberal,Obama/progressive Democrats declaring people like me a conservative of "hating", "hatred", etc. when that is 100% false in my case as I do not waste any time "hating" anyone or anything.
It appears that calling anyone that doesn't believe as they do as having "hatred" is a liberal/progressive/democrat "defense mechanism" per psychology.

What a shame. What a waste of debate when people inject irrational, emotional words like "hatred" into their discussions.
But I do have compassion for these people. I understand why they say these things and just want to pat them on their heads and say "it's ok"! Have your little
venting exercises and when you are done pouting let's have some real factual substantive discussions!

Forum List

Back