So When Can We Expect To Re-Baptize The Next Corporation?

When is Obama going to stop delaying all the mandates in his so called signature achievement? That seems far more important than some silly Re-Baptize stuff which is being put for nothing more than to mock and ridicule people for daring to have religious convictions and actually stand up for them. I would like to point out Hobby Lobby could have simply dropped the coverage they have given their employees for years and sent them into the Obamacare wasteland instead they are fighting against a part of the law that goes against their convictions and letting their employees keep their insurance something to be respected in my opinion.

It's a legal ploy that has nothing to do with God or the well being of any employee and everything to do with politics.

Prove it....oh wait...you can't.

Who's fighting this battle? Politicians and lawyers that's who, when they think Jesus they are thinking of their lawn man. It's all about politics because either way it's a big victory for some political faction and only a dubious victory for religious freedom.

When is Obama going to stop delaying all the mandates in his so called signature achievement? That seems far more important than some silly Re-Baptize stuff which is being put for nothing more than to mock and ridicule people for daring to have religious convictions and actually stand up for them. I would like to point out Hobby Lobby could have simply dropped the coverage they have given their employees for years and sent them into the Obamacare wasteland instead they are fighting against a part of the law that goes against their convictions and letting their employees keep their insurance something to be respected in my opinion.

It's a legal ploy that has nothing to do with God or the well being of any employee and everything to do with politics.

You mean like how constantly delaying the mandates in Obamacare has everything to do with politics and nothing to do with peoples well being?

Who's fighting this battle? Politicians and lawyers that's who, when they think Jesus they are thinking of their lawn man. It's all about politics because either way it's a big victory for some political faction and only a dubious victory for religious freedom.

Prove your assertions that the Hobby Lobby owners are NOT standing up for their beliefs....until then you are just blowing smoke.

I say this:

If a corporation is "public", as in publicly traded, then it should be held to the same rules that any public agency should. Meaning they cannot discriminate in any way, and must follow all laws.

If you sell stock on the market, you are a "public" company.

Wanna avoid all that? Stay small.

Hobby Lobby is not publicly traded.

Now what's your argument?

You mean like how constantly delaying the mandates in Obamacare has everything to do with politics and nothing to do with peoples well being?

Every program the government ever implemented had to be tweaked as well as any other complex plan ever put into place by mankind. At least someone is trying make this work rather than trying to blow it up. Where's the regard for well-being in deliberately trying to sabotage it not to work?

Sooo... When will we see corporations
Go to confession when they've sinned?
Pay pennance for their sins?
Visit the incarcerated, comfort the ill, and help the poor like good Christians?
Or r their religious observances limitted to denying women medicine for their health and reproductive freedom?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I mean, according to the Republicans and the RW Conservatives, corporations are people, people who are guaranteed the right to freedom of religion.

So when can I expect to see a corporation walking down the isle at church responding to the plea for re-baptism?

This weekend?

I suppose you'll see it right after you see a union walking down the isle at church responding to the plea for re-baptism.

Visit the incarcerated, comfort the ill, and help the poor like good Christians?
Or r their religious observances limitted to denying women medicine for their health and reproductive freedom?

They can buy it themselves, yes it is just that simple.

Prove your assertions that the Hobby Lobby owners are NOT standing up for their beliefs....until then you are just blowing smoke.

Are your politics and religion totally separated and neither influences the other? Of course they aren't and neither are the people spending megabucks to fight this. Whatever it is you want proof of irrelevant, regardless of the original intent of bringing this challenge it has undeniably turned into a political battle and by continuing it the owners of Hobby Lobby totally approve of their beliefs becoming a political football.

Are your politics and religion totally separated and neither influences the other? Of course they aren't and neither are the people spending megabucks to fight this. Whatever it is you want proof of irrelevant, regardless of the original intent of bringing this challenge it has undeniably turned into a political battle and by continuing it the owners of Hobby Lobby totally approve of their beliefs becoming a political football.

Look you can speculate all you like, it doesn't anything to anyone but you.

YOU made the assertion that they were NOT standing up for their beliefs, you can't prove it so you keep moving the goal posts.

The original intent is exactly what you cast aspersions on, and that is precisely what you are running from.

You are free to have your own opinions but that all they are....don't try and pass them off as "truth".

Every program the government ever implemented had to be tweaked as well as any other complex plan ever put into place by mankind. At least someone is trying make this work rather than trying to blow it up. Where's the regard for well-being in deliberately trying to sabotage it not to work?

You now have the individual mandate deadline pushed from December to March now to mid April the employer mandate pushed all the way to January of 2016 a website screwed up beyond belief and is still so bad they can't tell us how many people have actually paid for their plan this goes well beyond needing to be tweaked. Nothing in this thing has worked as advertised from the get go no one had to deliberately sabotage it that was accomplished by the incompetence and stupidity of it's creators and those task with setting it up and running it.

I mean, according to the Republicans and the RW Conservatives, corporations are people, people who are guaranteed the right to freedom of religion.

So when can I expect to see a corporation walking down the isle at church responding to the plea for re-baptism?

This weekend?

Can corporations get married and have children?

Yes, it's called merging and branches.

Ahhh...so now you reveal that your previous post was just more deception laced with partisan RW rhetoric. You DO know better.

Yes, to finish that concept, if/when one is baptized as a child one doesn't have the mental capacity to know what's happening, certainly not something as serious as coming to your eternal Lord and Savior.

Furthermore, as adults we may stumble and fall, sometimes multiple times. If you understand what baptism is it's a remission of sin, asking for forgiveness and re-newing your life in Christ. Not sure what limit YOU would like to put on that, as it can happen as many or as few times as necessary, seeing that Jesus is always there to wash away our sins, forgive and save us.

As far as how it applies to Hobby Lobby, first of all I DIDN'T mention any specific corporation by name, so that's telling that YOU did. Moreover, I'D also like to know what Hobby Lobby has to do with the individuals freedoms as well.

Care to share?

Furthermore, as adults we may stumble and fall, sometimes multiple times. If you understand what baptism is it's a remission of sin, asking for forgiveness and re-newing your life in Christ. Not sure what limit YOU would like to put on that, as it can happen as many or as few times as necessary, seeing that Jesus is always there to wash away our sins, forgive and save us.

So tell us Marc.....how many times did Christ for sin?

[MENTION=20450]MarcATL[/MENTION]

Did you want to take a stab at the question?

Surely a learned Christian man like yourself can answer something so simple as that.
I'm honestly not sure what you were asking.

How many times did Christ what for sin...die?

Last edited:

They can buy it themselves, yes it is just that simple.
Not quite that simple. If it's the law of land, it should apply to every person and business within the scope of the law, not to just those that agree with the law.

First of all you would have to determine if they sinned. Like maybe paying for abortions would be a sin.

The rest of your post can be summed up in one word, charity. The one thing corporations do is donate to local causes and neighborhood concerns. Which is quite Christian of them.

This weekend?

A) Please the word is "aisle" not an island.. "isle"!
B) "Corporation" n. an organization formed with state governmental approval to act as an artificial person to carry on business (or other activities), which can sue or be sued, and (unless it is non-profit) can issue shares of stock to raise funds with which to start a business or increase its capitalhttp://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/corporation

Corporations Bill Clinton was a stock holder..
BIIB Biogen Idec Inc $305.93 -5.85 (-1.88%) Former holdings over $250,000
CSCO Cisco Systems Inc $22.32 -0.02 (-0.09%) Former holdings over $250,000
GE General Electric Co $25.62 -0.08 (-0.31%) Former holdings over $250,000
HD Home Depot Inc. $78.87 -0.6 (-0.76%) Former holdings over $250,000
MSFT Microsoft Corpora... $39.79 -0.55 (-1.36%) Former holdings over $250,000
TWX Time Warner Inc $64.65 -0.9 (-1.37%) Former holdings over $250,000
DIS Walt Disney Co $78.62 -0.93 (-1.17%) Former holdings over $250,000
AMZN Amazon.com Inc $343.41 -11.3 (-3.19%) Former holdings $100,000 to $250,000
AMGN Amgen Inc $120.11 -0.52 (-0.43%) Former holdings $100,000 to $250,000
KO Coca-Cola Co $38.61 -0.01 (-0.03%) Former holdings $100,000 to $250,000

Bill and Hillary Clinton Portfolio Portfolio - 2007 Stock Picks and Performance - Stockpickr!

Al Gore Democrat believes in corporations...
One of Al Gore's biggest scores over the past 10 years came from Current TV, which was purchased by Al Jazeera in January of 2013 for a reported $400 million. The network, which was founded by Gore and Joel Hyatt in 2002, officially launched in August of 2005 and was sold roughly 7 1/2 years later.

Al Gore owned a 20% stake in the network and reportedly walked away with $70 million once outstanding debt had been paid off.

Another major contributor to Al Gore's meteoric net worth increase over the past 13 years - his ties to Apple and Google.

One of Al Gore's first moves upon leaving office was to take a job at Google as an advisor. Al Gore took this job a full three years before the company went public in 2004, and it is rumored that Gore received stock options that were valued at as much as $40 million.

Gore also made a fortune off of his decision to serve on Apple's Board of Directors. Gore was appointed to the role in 2006 and has seen his net worth skyrocket thanks to the parabolic rise of Apple and its shares. Gore controls over 100,000 shares of Apple (combination of common shares and options that are still vesting), meaning that his stake in Apple is valued at well over $40 million.

So let's see - $70 million from his stake in Current TV, roughly $45 million from his position with Apple and another $30-$40 million (estimated) from his stake in Google.

On top of all of that, Gore also has a significant portion of his net worth invested in hedge funds, as well as owning a healthy real estate portfolio.
Al Gore Net Worth 2014

This weekend?

They would have to go as an entire group of course. And all of them would have to want to be baptized. It could happen. And monkeys might fly out of my butt. :badgrin:

Talk about two-faced. Of course, being a corporation they can have as many faces as they want.

'Christian values' Hobby Lobby purchases its products from #1 'family planning' nation China

Apparently, Green and his family run Hobby Lobby on "Christian principles" only when it is convenient and good for the bottom line. They send their "Christian" money to China and its policy of one child per family and forced abortions:

The policy is controversial for a number of reasons, but maybe the one that Americans hear about most is the practice of forcing abortions on mothers who become pregnant with an unapproved second child. And that may get to the biggest misunderstanding that most Americans have about the policy: why these things keep happening. As my Beijing-based colleague William Wan writes in an insightful explainer, "practices of forced abortions, infanticide and involuntary sterilizations [are] all banned in theory by the government," but they still happen. They're no longer frequent, but they do happen.
In July 2012, for example, a 23-year-old mother became pregnant with her second child. Local officials arrested her, seven months into her pregnancy, and demanded her family pay $6,000 in fines for violating the one-child policy. When the family couldn't get the money together, the officials gave her an injection that killed the baby, whom the mother delivered stillborn while in police custody. It became an international news story when the mother, outraged at her child's death and at the indignity of being forced to wait alongside the body, posted a gruesome photo of the scene on social media. In China, it generated a national debate over the question, Why is this still happening?

Oh, I would LOVE to hear the rationale on this one. :cuckoo:

Talk about two-faced. Of course, being a corporation they can have as many faces as they want.

'Christian values' Hobby Lobby purchases its products from #1 'family planning' nation China

Apparently, Green and his family run Hobby Lobby on "Christian principles" only when it is convenient and good for the bottom line. They send their "Christian" money to China and its policy of one child per family and forced abortions:

The policy is controversial for a number of reasons, but maybe the one that Americans hear about most is the practice of forcing abortions on mothers who become pregnant with an unapproved second child. And that may get to the biggest misunderstanding that most Americans have about the policy: why these things keep happening. As my Beijing-based colleague William Wan writes in an insightful explainer, "practices of forced abortions, infanticide and involuntary sterilizations [are] all banned in theory by the government," but they still happen. They're no longer frequent, but they do happen.
In July 2012, for example, a 23-year-old mother became pregnant with her second child. Local officials arrested her, seven months into her pregnancy, and demanded her family pay $6,000 in fines for violating the one-child policy. When the family couldn't get the money together, the officials gave her an injection that killed the baby, whom the mother delivered stillborn while in police custody. It became an international news story when the mother, outraged at her child's death and at the indignity of being forced to wait alongside the body, posted a gruesome photo of the scene on social media. In China, it generated a national debate over the question, Why is this still happening?

Oh, I would LOVE to hear the rationale on this one. :cuckoo:
We have our moral and religious values. Do not rob, do not murder, do not steal. However, our behavior changes the minute we go into the corporate world. All of a sudden all of this is irrelevant. In a corporation, there is only one God, profit.

corporations hire your mommy and daddy who feed you
corporations pay for the massive welfare state you idiot lefties want

profit isnt a bad word when it comes to your own businesses and paychecks is it left-wing morons?

corporations are making RECORD profits under Progressive Majority rule. record means more than they made before; you know under Republicans?

record corporate profits allow your community activist Messiah to be able to say his administration hasnt been a COMPLETE DISASTER.

and you left-wing lemmings ARE trying to brag bout the record corporate profits on Wall Street under obama; even as you come a gathering with your torches and picthforks

idiots and hypocrites

Forum List

Back