So what if armed guards are placed in schools?

Keep the rifle but ditch the 100 shot clips. How can that hurt?

Well look who's back. Still waiting for a snappy come back in post #27...

Until then, it can "hurt" because no matter what you seek to ban or restrict, it will not keep crazy motherfuckers and criminals from having those items. Now why in the world would you actively seek to put law abiding citizens at a disadvantage against law breakers? That makes no sense.

p.s. It's a magazine, not a clip.

Until then, it can "hurt" because no matter what you seek to ban or restrict, it will not keep crazy motherfuckers and criminals from having those items. Now why in the world would you actively seek to put law abiding citizens at a disadvantage against law breakers? That makes no sense.

Get a Life....

Get a Life....

Hey...that's a quite an impressive retort, so well thought out, so logical. And the specificity with which you've made your argument, how you picked apart every point...that's really something...

True enough...4.3 million NRA members out of 311 million Americans.
~1.38%.

We would need a ratio of member-contributed revenues vs corporate-contributed dollars in order to get a better picture of who exactly funds the NRA.

You think the millions of Americans that support the 2nd amendment (NRA and non NRA members) are concerned if companies in the firearm industry also lend their financial support to the cause?

Wake up.
I was thinking that millions of Americans might support a call for patriotic arms and ammunition manufacturers to pay the cost of keeping American schools safe from the excesses of their products.

The National Enquirer is a magazine.

The detachable ammo holder for a weapon is either a magazine or clip.
sheesh...

~1.38%.

We would need a ratio of member-contributed revenues vs corporate-contributed dollars in order to get a better picture of who exactly funds the NRA.

You think the millions of Americans that support the 2nd amendment (NRA and non NRA members) are concerned if companies in the firearm industry also lend their financial support to the cause?

Wake up.
I was thinking that millions of Americans might support a call for patriotic arms and ammunition manufacturers to pay the cost of keeping American schools safe from the excesses of their products.

The first time a firearm gets up, points itself at someone and discharges a round, you'll have a point. Until then...

The National Enquirer is a magazine.

The detachable ammo holder for a weapon is either a magazine or clip.
sheesh...

Or a belt.

however, there is no such thing as a 100 round clip. There are 100 round magazines and belts however.

For those not familiar with the difference:

A clip:
th

Magazines:
th

A belt:
th

Let me guess...corporations will continue to rely on taxpayers to pad their bottom lines.

Only if they engage in crony capitalism, which this libertarian stands firmly against.

If the NRA is getting grants from the federal government or is otherwise receiving taxpayer money, I am not aware of it.

Gun control advocates are utopians. Their perspective is that, if guns are no longer readily available, that violence will evaporate.
Published: Dec. 21, 2012 Updated: Dec. 23, 2012 11:14 a.m.

SACRAMENTO – It took only days before California's legislators reacted to the horrific Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy with a fusillade of bills designed to take California closer to Democratic leaders' unstated but obvious goal: making it essentially illegal for Californians to own firearms.

I write "essentially" because the strategy isn't to ban guns outright, but to mire ownership in so many layers of regulation that owning a gun becomes even more frustrating and costly than operating a business in this state. Legislators aren't stupid. Direct assaults on gun ownership generate pushback, but killing this constitutional right through a thousand cuts is less confrontational.

Steven Greenhut: California lawmakers train sights on gun ownership | gun, california, guns - Opinion - The Orange County Register

We'll let the limpwristed left protect their own homes with these................

71521.jpg

Best of luck s0ns..................

I'll stick with my Mossberg 930..............

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2BvJzqeLp0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2BvJzqeLp0[/ame]

:fu::funnyface::fu::funnyface::fu: FTMFW

Last edited:
Let me guess...corporations will continue to rely on taxpayers to pad their bottom lines.

Only if they engage in crony capitalism, which this libertarian stands firmly against.

If the NRA is getting grants from the federal government or is otherwise receiving taxpayer money, I am not aware of it.
This Radical believes the NRA is a front for multi-million dollar for profit corporations whose products are misused regularly in this country. If there's no reason why US taxpayers should have bailed out Wall Street banks, I don't see why taxpayers should pay to protect children from the externalities of gun and ammunition manufacturers.

This Radical believes the NRA is a front for multi-million dollar for profit corporations whose products are misused regularly in this country.

So, you have nothing. No link, no evidence that the NRA gets federal funds or taxpayer dollars. So, you change your tune...now, they're just a 'front' for business. Again, the millions of supporters would disagree, but please, prove your statement.

If there's no reason why US taxpayers should have bailed out Wall Street banks, I don't see why taxpayers should pay to protect children from the externalities of gun and ammunition manufacturers.

By your reasoning, spoon manufacturers should be made to pay for the healthcare of obese people.

When a firearm gets up and kills someone, you let us know and we'll talk about those evil manufacturers.

This Radical believes the NRA is a front for multi-million dollar for profit corporations whose products are misused regularly in this country.

So, you have nothing. No link, no evidence that the NRA gets federal funds or taxpayer dollars. So, you change your tune...now, they're just a 'front' for business. Again, the millions of supporters would disagree, but please, prove your statement.

If there's no reason why US taxpayers should have bailed out Wall Street banks, I don't see why taxpayers should pay to protect children from the externalities of gun and ammunition manufacturers.

By your reasoning, spoon manufacturers should be made to pay for the healthcare of obese people.

When a firearm gets up and kills someone, you let us know and we'll talk about those evil manufacturers.
By your reasoning multi-million dollar corporations funding the NRA have a right to expect the US taxpayers to pay for externalities generated by private pro-profit gun and ammunition makers. It seems likely those corporations funding the NRA do receive favorable tax treatment compared to the families of their numerous victims.

Again, those "million of supporters" represent less than 2% of all Americans.
When the corporate externalities of 300 million guns trump the popular sovereignty of 300 million Americans, what will we have left to talk about?

~1.38%.

Wake up.

Their products don't have excesses. They are inanmate. Are you having a cartoon overdose?

What a sad, sad reflection of American society if armed guards are roaming public school hallways.

Yep, and what's even sadder is they are there to protect teachers and students form other students. We have a social problem alright, we're not teaching our children proper values.

So who is supposed to teach "proper values"? I thought the parents of the children were supposed to take care of that, not the teachers.

As far as arming teachers in schools? Really? Because many of you conservatives have stated REPEATEDLY that teachers get too much money, and have put in many cuts to education.

Think about it...............you go ahead and arm the teachers, but what happens when the conservatives start going after teachers pay and union rights? Do you REALLY want to see a hostage situation where it's not the union that negotiates for the teachers, but rather someone with a weapon who has a whole classroom hostage?

Oh................and as far as small government goes, putting armed guards in the schools sure ain't the way to go. Besides, who's gonna pay for it? The NRA?

So what teachers are child killers now?

Again, those "million of supporters" represent less than 2% of all Americans.
When the corporate externalities of 300 million guns trump the popular sovereignty of 300 million Americans, what will we have left to talk about?

You're not very good at math, are you? A realistic estimate of legal gun ownership in the U.S. is 80 million. It's inane to think people who legally own guns (and have gone through the background checks to acquire them), don't support their own rights to own their guns.

I was referring to the 4.3 million Americans who belong to the NRA.
I'm not calling for any legal gun owners to give up their weapons.
I'm calling for multi-million dollar for profit gun and ammunition manufacturers to sacrifice some of their corporate profits to protect US schools.

Forum List

Back