So what if armed guards are placed in schools?

You cannot guarantee every child's safety, with guns and guards or changes in the gun laws. But there oughta be ways to cut down the chances for such an event from happening, make it harder for a nutjob to succeed. Mounted and monitored cameras, a small security force that can engage the bad guy before he gets to the kids, maybe a locked and bulletproof door? If that's too expensive, maybe some unarmed volunteers checking school visitors before they gain entrance to the school. A lotta retired military guys would do it, I know I would.

I lean more toward steal doors and roll down shutters. Containment is what would be most effective in my opinion.

You cannot guarantee every child's safety, with guns and guards or changes in the gun laws. But there oughta be ways to cut down the chances for such an event from happening, make it harder for a nutjob to succeed. Mounted and monitored cameras, a small security force that can engage the bad guy before he gets to the kids, maybe a locked and bulletproof door? If that's too expensive, maybe some unarmed volunteers checking school visitors before they gain entrance to the school. A lotta retired military guys would do it, I know I would.

I lean more toward steal doors and roll down shutters. Containment is what would be most effective in my opinion.

Works for me.

25057_432654656804165_1825874091_n_zps832e7e82.jpg

12566_434397579963206_179469701_n_zpsfe2a6e8c.jpg

Last edited:

Armed guards and sealed steel doors? Sounds more like prison than school.

It's up to the local school district, taxpayers, parents and local police if they want to put a police officer in the school.

If you liberals want to protect your little kiddies with fairy dust, then you'll suffer the consequences.

Newtown CT was most likely an upper class liberal town that will now have to face reality or keep being idiots not protecting their kids.
Because gun nuts, survivalist fox fans are out there. We have to arm ourselves against them.

Sounds like a perfect learning environment.

I am not saying it does work. Unless the shooter comes in right in front of the guard it would take to long to get to the scene to do any good.

the parents want a feel good... seeing an armed guard is a feel good and that's about it.

However... if you are going to go that route.... if all of the teachers were armed.... it may make a difference.

I think arming teachers sounds better than simply putting a single guard in front of a school, but then you have the issue of people unwilling to kill, so having a guard or two as a fail safe would be a decent idea... takes way to long to wait for cops to show up.

If a teacher is unwilling to kill and die to protect my child from a shooter bent on murdering my child... then my child is not safe with that teacher or that school.

simple as that.

This is why I am for teachers being able to use their CHL.

We had a assault weapons ban that really did nothing armed guards only make a difference if they are well trained with firearms and get to a shooter quickly we need to stop looking for simple answers to a complex problem.

Do you know the billions of tax payers money this will take to put armed guards in schools..? Will it really keep this from not happening again. They had armed guards at colunbine and it didn't help.

Do you know the billions of tax payers money this will take to put armed guards in schools..? Will it really keep this from not happening again. They had armed guards at colunbine and it didn't help.
I thought the NRA was picking up this tab?
Since the NRA is primarily a marketing lobby for gun and ammunition manufacturers, maybe corporate profits should pay for all the guards?

A safe room would help more than armed guards.

There is no way to make the world safe. Remove guns they'll use knives and bombs. Build a fortress and criminals will tunnel into it, smash down the walls and burn it to the ground. This is beyond mere lawlessness. This is jungle law. The strong prey upon the weak. Those with fang, claw and horn urvive by eating the hoofed. Make sure you are the survivor.

I thought the NRA was picking up this tab?
Since the NRA is primarily a marketing lobby for gun and ammunition manufacturers, maybe corporate profits should pay for all the guards?

The gun and ammunition makers don't need marketing. They get all the marketing they need from the nightly news.

According to Forbes the NRA imagines itself a "civil rights organization and is funded by major gun manufacturers."

NRA's Courageous Stance: Arm Schools, Silence Research - Forbes

And they are correct. Do you have something against civil rights?
I have questions about civil (human) rights for corporations...

"Questions about civil and political rights have frequently emerged. For example, to what extent should the government intervene to protect individuals from infringement on their rights by other individuals, or from corporations..."

Civil and political rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

True enough...4.3 million NRA members out of 311 million Americans.
~1.38%.

We would need a ratio of member-contributed revenues vs corporate-contributed dollars in order to get a better picture of who exactly funds the NRA.

If this happens, most likely the kids will stop chewing gum in class and copying others' homework.

The only reason the turds are objecting to this is that it takes away their excuse for disarming the American people and throwing the 2nd amendment on the ash heap.

True enough...4.3 million NRA members out of 311 million Americans.
~1.38%.

We would need a ratio of member-contributed revenues vs corporate-contributed dollars in order to get a better picture of who exactly funds the NRA.

You think the millions of Americans that support the 2nd amendment (NRA and non NRA members) are concerned if companies in the firearm industry also lend their financial support to the cause?

Wake up.

It will acclimate our children to to the coming police state.

Forum List

Back