So, this happened in Oklahoma last week....

It's not Congressman Jim Bridenstine's place to comment or say anything about the man's remarks.

Although, I have no doubt the Secret Service will be paying the man a home visit in the very near future. ... :cool:

It is every Americans place to reprimand anyone threatoning violence to public officials. In my lifetime, I have seen two Presidents shot, one killed. I do not ever want to see that again, irregardless of what I think of the man or his policies.

Yep

-Geaux

Actor Orlando Jones to Liberals: 'Kill Sarah Palin'

Actor Orlando Jones to Liberals: 'Kill Sarah Palin' - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

n Saturday, MADtv star Orlando Jones celebrated the death of Moammar Ghaddafi by sending a tweet calling for liberals to kill Sarah Palin.

"Libyan Rebels kill Gaddafi, if American liberals want respect they better stop listening to Aretha & kill Sarah Palin:)," he wrote.

So there are crazies on the left as well as the right. That is not news. However, the crescendo of threats we have seen against our present President has not been matched since Lincoln.

It is every Americans place to reprimand anyone threatoning violence to public officials. In my lifetime, I have seen two Presidents shot, one killed. I do not ever want to see that again, irregardless of what I think of the man or his policies.

Yep

-Geaux

Actor Orlando Jones to Liberals: 'Kill Sarah Palin' - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

n Saturday, MADtv star Orlando Jones celebrated the death of Moammar Ghaddafi by sending a tweet calling for liberals to kill Sarah Palin.

"Libyan Rebels kill Gaddafi, if American liberals want respect they better stop listening to Aretha & kill Sarah Palin:)," he wrote.

So there are crazies on the left as well as the right. That is not news. However, the crescendo of threats we have seen against our present President has not been matched since Lincoln.

And our country has not experienced such division and pain since then.

-Geaux

Yep

-Geaux

-Geaux

Dude, you really are an idiot. For real. Comparing this current period in our history to the Civil War period and equating them as equal.

You really are a fucking idiot.

It's pretty common for "freedom loving" Tea Party types to call for summary execution of those who anger or scare them. Good thing they are not in control of the government.

That is a lie straight from left wing hell. Happens yes, common no. Have they made a movie about his killing as the left did about another sitting president.

-Geaux

Dude, you really are an idiot. For real. Comparing this current period in our history to the Civil War period and equating them as equal.

Another ~60 years to make up

-Geaux

How Racially Divided Is the United States Today?

http://www.amren.com/news/2012/04/how-racially-divided-is-the-united-states-today/

Jack Cafferty, CNN, April 9, 2012

As the national debate over the killing of Trayvon Martin rages on, a new poll suggests that a majority of Americans believe the country is divided by race.

The Newsweek/Daily Beast poll shows that 72% of whites and 89% of blacks say the country is racially divided.

=============================================

Why are Americans so angry and divided?

It's no coincidence that we are experiencing both polarization and income inequality not seen since the 1920s

August 15, 2013|By Robert B. Reich

America is angrier and more divided than ever - Baltimore Sun

Why is the nation more bitterly divided today than it's been in 80 years? Why is there more anger, vituperation and political polarization now than even during Joe McCarthy's anti-communist witch hunts of the 1950s, the tempestuous struggle for civil rights in the 1960s, the divisive Vietnam War, or the Watergate scandal?

Last edited:
Impeach the president, yes. I support that. Assassinate, no. That's not the American way of removing a President from office.

Two presidents have been impeached, neither was convicted.

President Obama has broken no law, has betrayed no trust, he has not committed any act of treason nor has he committed a physical crime that anyone knows of.

There is no real reason for people to be screaming "Impeach!"

Oh, and btw, since crazy Righties have been screamining "Impeach!" since pretty much April of 2009, no one is really listening anymore. Here, I have a story for you, it will explain why:

I hope that was edifying for you.

What if a president ordered the deaths of Americans without due process? Would that be considered breaking the law? What if at least one was an innocent 16 year old American boy? Even if it were by accident or as Gibbs say because the boy didn't have a better father?

Last edited by a moderator:

-Geaux

-Geaux

How Racially Divided Is the United States Today? | American Renaissance

As the national debate over the killing of Trayvon Martin rages on, a new poll suggests that a majority of Americans believe the country is divided by race.

The Newsweek/Daily Beast poll shows that 72% of whites and 89% of blacks say the country is racially divided.

It's no coincidence that we are experiencing both polarization and income inequality not seen since the 1920s

Why is the nation more bitterly divided today than it's been in 80 years? Why is there more anger, vituperation and political polarization now than even during Joe McCarthy's anti-communist witch hunts of the 1950s, the tempestuous struggle for civil rights in the 1960s, the divisive Vietnam War, or the Watergate scandal?

Now I know you have lost whatever sense you might have had. You are quoting one of the most liberal economists ever to prove your Republican POV. That's seriously funny.

I grew up in the 60ties. When you have cities burning and hundreds of thousands protesting on a regular basis, come on back and talk about how divided we are today. You have no idea what the Vietnam War and civil rights did to the country.

You should of been there. I was.

-Geaux

Now I know you have lost whatever sense you might have had. You are quoting one of the most liberal economists ever to prove your Republican POV. That's seriously funny.

I grew up in the 60ties. When you have cities burning and hundreds of thousands protesting on a regular basis, come on back and talk about how divided we are today. You have no idea what the Vietnam War and civil rights did to the country.

psssst... I'm not republican.. but I did duck and cover..... :badgrin:

-Geaux

Yep

-Geaux

The state of the Union hasn't been as it is since Lincoln. I don't mean there is going to be a civil war but what in the hell is going well with the majority of the people in this country? Regardless of what the left will tell you people's health care, those who were paying, is sky rocketing although the stated intent of Obama was to make it affordable. Yeah it is affordable for those who won't need to pay. .

After 7 years of democrat dominance the economy is still limping along waiting for the next stock market crash and when, and if, that happens there may actually be war in the street. People, common people, will be the big losers as the rich take back their money.

Maybe the mind state of the union is because Obama is black. Maybe because it seems that all Obama is interested in is taking care of welfare people on the backs of the working middle class. And it is not so much that he is black as it gives the appearance that he is propping up the minorities which seems to be what is happening.

In my mind it is too bad Obama can't do as Reagan did and use his great speaking ability to rally the country. Reagan made us love the US as he did and he never gave us a minutes doubt about what country Reagan loved. Which means when Reagan did something that didn't seem quite right at least we knew he was at least acting in what he thought was in our best interest, right or wrong.

Obama, he is detached, he is a campaigner for one thing...himself. Or at least that is my impression. He could have been so great. I mean, look around.

-Geaux

Yes there was division in the country back then, I am a Vietnam era vet. But the division was basically against policy against administrations. The division wasn't necessarily people against people as we see today although granted there was some. The riots for equal rights were basically over a very short period of time. But even with that division it was a division that could and did end. The war did end, and civil rights laws were passed. But today the division has no end that I see. We are stuck with Obamacare and the division it is creating. We are stuck with a welfare state that I just don't see an end to. There are problems in this country that almost seem insolvable, such as the national debt. It is like no one is really happy except the rich.

Rep. Jim Bridenstine Shrugs Off Questioner Who Called For Obama To Be Killed | Right Wing Watch

At a breakfast event with the Tea Party organization Tulsa 9:12 Project last week, Congressman Jim Bridenstine (R-OK) saw no need to rebuke or even disagree with a questioner who said that President Obama should be executed.

“Obama, he’s not president, as far as I’m concerned, he should be executed as an enemy combatant,” the questioner said, before asking the congressman about “the Muslims that he is shipping into our country through pilots and commercial jets” (a claim based on a bizarre right-wing conspiracy theory)..."

Here is the video:

Keepin' it classy, GOP!!

Jim Bridenstine (R-Tea) is a freshman Representative (OK-01).

Here is his bio:

Jim Bridenstine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wouldn't be surprised if the Secret Service has maybe paid that crazy woman a visit already. Some people are just batshit crazy, and she is obviously one of them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you think this is an isolated incident, think again:

Christian American Patriots Militia Openly Calls For Obama's Assassination On Facebook

Fox's Benghazi Expert Endorsed Assassinating Obama Last Week | Blog | Media Matters for America

Failed Tea Party Politician Posts Facebook Page Calling For Obama Assassination | Crooks and Liars

Jules Manson, Failed Tea Party Candidate, Calls For Assassination Of Obama, First Daughters

Jules Manson probed by Secret Service over Obama should be killed Facebook rant | Mail Online

That is just a very small sampling...

Now, what does the law say about this?

Threatening the President of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

End of story.

Free speech. It's not the congressman's place to stop the guy from speaking his piece. Funny that Hollywood can make a movie about assinating George Bush and that's supposed to be alright-- it's a first amendment thing, you know. So why should a congressman do anything to suppress speech. It doesn't mean he agrees with what was said.

Rep. Jim Bridenstine Shrugs Off Questioner Who Called For Obama To Be Killed | Right Wing Watch

At a breakfast event with the Tea Party organization Tulsa 9:12 Project last week, Congressman Jim Bridenstine (R-OK) saw no need to rebuke or even disagree with a questioner who said that President Obama should be executed.

“Obama, he’s not president, as far as I’m concerned, he should be executed as an enemy combatant,” the questioner said, before asking the congressman about “the Muslims that he is shipping into our country through pilots and commercial jets” (a claim based on a bizarre right-wing conspiracy theory)..."

Here is the video:

Keepin' it classy, GOP!!

Jim Bridenstine (R-Tea) is a freshman Representative (OK-01).

Here is his bio:

Jim Bridenstine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wouldn't be surprised if the Secret Service has maybe paid that crazy woman a visit already. Some people are just batshit crazy, and she is obviously one of them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you think this is an isolated incident, think again:

Christian American Patriots Militia Openly Calls For Obama's Assassination On Facebook

Fox's Benghazi Expert Endorsed Assassinating Obama Last Week | Blog | Media Matters for America

Failed Tea Party Politician Posts Facebook Page Calling For Obama Assassination | Crooks and Liars

Jules Manson, Failed Tea Party Candidate, Calls For Assassination Of Obama, First Daughters

Jules Manson probed by Secret Service over Obama should be killed Facebook rant | Mail Online

That is just a very small sampling...

Now, what does the law say about this?

Threatening the President of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

End of story.

Not only should the women be indicted for calling for the execution of the President, the Member of Congress should be censored by the H. of Rep. and the good people - I'm sure there are some - of Oklahoma ought to call for his resignation.

It's pretty common for "freedom loving" Tea Party types to call for summary execution of those who anger or scare them. Good thing they are not in control of the government.

That is a lie straight from left wing hell. Happens yes, common no. Have they made a movie about his killing as the left did about another sitting president.

The Left in the USA did not make that film. A European made that film. You do understand the difference between the USA and Europe, right? Here, let me show you a map:

Map_of_the_world_1998.jpg

Ok, see that light green country on the left? That is the USA. See that big body of water to the right of us? That is called the Atlantic Ocean. Ok? So far, so good. Now, Europe is on the other side of that water.

Now, if you don't want to be treated like a moron, stop acting like one. Fair?

Forum List

Back