So the new admin wants ACA out and something new in

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
I remember the president-elect shouting he would repeal ACA from day one? He, however, has no executive power to do that. He can issue EOs to the IRS not to collect the mandate from day one, which will land the whole thing into the federal courts the next day, and that could take more than a year for SCOTUS to come up with a ruling.

So ACA is obviously going to change, and with twenty million people getting care from the exchanges etc., the political implications of cutting them off flatly will not go over well with a great majority of Dems and Pubs both.

How should the new system be structured, what should be covered, and should the government subsidize the low-income members and families?

Getting rid of Obamacare may take longer than Trump plans

Justice Ted Cruz will author the majority opinion declaring ObamaCare unconstitutional

I remember the president-elect shouting he would repeal ACA from day one? He, however, has no executive power to do that. He can issue EOs to the IRS not to collect the mandate from day one, which will land the whole thing into the federal courts the next day, and that could take more than a year for SCOTUS to come up with a ruling.

So ACA is obviously going to change, and with twenty million people getting care from the exchanges etc., the political implications of cutting them off flatly will not go over well with a great majority of Dems and Pubs both.

How should the new system be structured, what should be covered, and should the government subsidize the low-income members and families?

161129153241-tom-price-obamacare-00013205-1024x576.jpg

This FuckTard will make sure All Americans are uninsured as soon as possible, except for him and his croonie Buddies..
He could care less if there is a replacement in place....

Justice Ted Cruz will author the majority opinion declaring ObamaCare unconstitutional

If they make that man a justice, you will be kneeling and saying prayers before bedtime and there will be a fine for missing Church on Sundays and for not packing a gun. If a woman is pg out of wedlock, they will make her have a baby and then take away the woman's and babies food after birth, so they can live homeless in the street as to be an example of what happens to people who have premarital sex.

Oh sorry got off topic, but there will be a "terrific" plan. Its called HSA's.

------------------------------------------ only thing i care about is the Madate , get rid of that and i am good Penny !!

This FuckTard will make sure All Americans are uninsured as soon as possible, except for him and his croonie Buddies..
------------------------------------------------------------ people will still be able to take THEIR money and will be able to go out and buy their personal healthcare Eaglewings !!

------------------------------------------------------------ people will still be able to take THEIR money and will be able to go out and buy their personal healthcare Eaglewings !!

Hi Pismoe,

It all looks good until you read up on their plan ... and this may happen to medicare/ medicaid / veterans too

They will have savings accounts for people, which they can decide yearly if and how much to fund it...Which could easily result in funding nothing there is no legal obligation to do so.

For people in a sick situation, Ryan has proposed creating high risk pools — special government subsidized coverage for hard to insure people like those with cancer or other chronic illnesses.

If Republicans Repeal Obamacare, Ryan Has Replacement Blueprint

Most very sick people negotiate every year for their insurance so they will be cut off without the pre-excisting law..

People with ongoing medical conditions who maintain their coverage continuously can't be cut off, or see their prices raised. But what if you let your coverage lapse?

------------------------------------------ only thing i care about is the Madate , get rid of that and i am good Penny !!

You can't have all old people in a group healthcare, its not fair for someone to sign up for HI when they get ill, and frankly I want everyone to pay what they can afford, and everyone needs to have health insurance. We have mandatory auto insurance and we all hope we never need it.

Hi Pismoe,

It all looks good until you read up on their plan ... and this may happen to medicare/ medicaid / veterans too

They will have savings accounts for people, which they can decide yearly if and how much to fund it...Which could easily result in funding nothing there is no legal obligation to do so.

For people in a sick situation, Ryan has proposed creating high risk pools — special government subsidized coverage for hard to insure people like those with cancer or other chronic illnesses.

If Republicans Repeal Obamacare, Ryan Has Replacement Blueprint

Most very sick people negotiate every year for their insurance so they will be cut off without the pre-excisting law..

People with ongoing medical conditions who maintain their coverage continuously can't be cut off, or see their prices raised. But what if you let your coverage lapse?

-------------------------------------------------------------------- i'm only interested in getting rid of the 'unAmerican' Mandate . With that mandate gone you guys and gals can do anything you like about healthcare any way that you like. ----------------------------- As an unrelated comment it amuses me that you guys will kiss anyones azz on the idea that you MAY live a longer life Eaglewings .

You can't have all old people in a group healthcare, its not fair for someone to sign up for HI when they get ill, and frankly I want everyone to pay what they can afford, and everyone needs to have health insurance. We have mandatory auto insurance and we all hope we never need it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- as you probably know , a person doesn't need mandatory car insurance to take the bus or to walk down the street Penny !!

----------------------------------------------------------------------- just get rid of the unAmerican mandate and i am good Penny !!

----------------------------------------------------------------------- 'ismoe, my lad, the mandate in neither unAmerican nor unconstitutional, Sur! Sooner than later single payer will come to be a fact, and you, 'ismose, will be better covered for cheaper. Lucky lad, you, Sur!

----------------------------------------------------------------------- just get rid of the unAmerican mandate and i am good Penny !!

Do you have auto insurance? Do you pay taxes? Do you leave your children at home alone? Do you drink and drive? Do you wear a seatbelt?

Do you have auto insurance? Do you pay taxes? Do you leave your children at home alone? Do you drink and drive? Do you wear a seatbelt?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- sure i leave the kids home alone depending on their age . Being FORCED to wear a seatbelt or motorcycle helmet is also unAmerican . Drinking and driving is legal as far as i know , course i won't do it since i don't want to give the cop the chance to ask me if i have been drinking Penny . Auto insurance is not mandated except for if a person drives a car on public roads Penny !!.

and as i have said , get rid of obamacare MANDATE and the lefty climgers to useless lives can do any thing they like about health care for themselves. As for me , get rid of the MANDATE and i will be happy Penny

Dear Penelope
Just because people consent to car insurance under state laws (which at least one state does NOT require as long as the person can show Ability to Pay)
Does NOT mean the same thing as
(A) health insurance
(B) being regulated required and fined by FEDERAL GOVT.

There is a HUGE difference!!!
(B) State laws can be voted on more directly.
It doesn't take as long to change a state law which only affects that state
As long as it takes to change a FEDERAL law through Congress which takes reps from all 50 states
Ex: I've been waiting for that mandate to be revoked for two terms now.
I owe 45 a month as the cheapest way to avoid penalty, and I can't pay it.
The repeal may go through as soon as January.
Had this been a state law, do you think it would take 8 years to change ? In TEXAS!!!
I doubt it would have passed in TX.

(A) also another huge difference with insurance

1. The car insurance is required to protect Other cars and drivers. You are not required to buy insurance to cover your own losses which are optional if you want full coverage and full replacement.

NOTE: the Equivalent of this "liabilty" insurance
Would be to require all citizens to buy life or health insurance to cover Other People in case we do something by accident or negligence that causes damage injury or death to someone else.

So if you want to pay for health care by requiring insurance, why not require it in cases of crime accident or negligence to Other People. So if people commit crimes or cause accidents, they are required to pay through their insurance.

2. Penelope there are other ways and better ways to provide for health care besides insurance.

If someone wants to build charity hospitals to serve the public while training doctors and nurses under a medical school program,
Why should people who fund that be FINED for using their money to pay for medical education and services instead of paying for insurance!

Spiritual healing is FREE and would cut the costs of medical treatment while accelerating the response and recovery.

Are you going to mandate that because it will lower the costs, risks and duration of disease???

There are so many other ways and means we need to pursue in order to maximize and develop resources for sustainable health care.

Why would you insist on requiring "insurance as the only way to provide health coverage to avoid penalties" while PUNISHING taxpayers for wanting to invest in OTHER choices that we still need anyway if we're going to develop universal care.

Forum List

Back