So the new admin wants ACA out and something new in

makes a difference to me , get rid of the personal mandate and I'm good . Never going to convince me otherwise DBlack .

makes a difference to me , get rid of the personal mandate and I'm good . Never going to convince me otherwise DBlack .

I'm aware of that. This is why we have Trump as our next president.

I remember the president-elect shouting he would repeal ACA from day one? He, however, has no executive power to do that. He can issue EOs to the IRS not to collect the mandate from day one, which will land the whole thing into the federal courts the next day, and that could take more than a year for SCOTUS to come up with a ruling.

So ACA is obviously going to change, and with twenty million people getting care from the exchanges etc., the political implications of cutting them off flatly will not go over well with a great majority of Dems and Pubs both.

How should the new system be structured, what should be covered, and should the government subsidize the low-income members and families?

Getting rid of Obamacare may take longer than Trump plans
the government should not be in the business of subsidizing low income families at all in the first place.
After all, in the end its not the government doing the subsidizing, its the working citizens in the country that are seeing their earned income taken from them by force to be given to those that refuse to contribute to society. Its just not right.

Forum List

Back