So Rand Paul is against the Civil Rights Act?

Wait till they ask him about SS and other programs

In that same interview he said he wanted to get rid of the EPA. I guess because environmental issues aren't a national concern. Maybe he should put out a statement to all his followers who are also attacking the Obama administration for not doing enough about the oil spill; maybe he can explain to them that pollution is not the federal government's problem.

is there any part of "the guberment" that you don't worship?
man you lefties can't seem to live your lives unless you have a friggen nanny.

What would you replace the EPA with?

Wait till they ask him about SS and other programs

In that same interview he said he wanted to get rid of the EPA. I guess because environmental issues aren't a national concern. Maybe he should put out a statement to all his followers who are also attacking the Obama administration for not doing enough about the oil spill; maybe he can explain to them that pollution is not the federal government's problem.

What part of the constitution states that the government is responsible for the environment?

The Congress's power to regulate pollutants derives from the Commerce clause.

You ignorant liberals forget that 80 percent of the House Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 while only 61 percent of the Democrats voted for it. In the Senate, 82 percent Republicans voted for it, while only 69 percent of the Democrats supported it. Cloture in the Senate was 66 percent Democrats , 82 percent Republicans voted in favor.

OK Batman, we don't run around with exact percentages in our head like you do, but we all know a majority of conservatives voted against the Civil Rights Act, you don't have to remind us.

You ignorant liberals forget that 80 percent of the House Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 while only 61 percent of the Democrats voted for it. In the Senate, 82 percent Republicans voted for it, while only 69 percent of the Democrats supported it. Cloture in the Senate was 66 percent Democrats , 82 percent Republicans voted in favor.

OK Batman, we don't run around with exact percentages in our head like you do, but we all know a majority of conservatives voted against the Civil Rights Act, you don't have to remind us.

that is just a friggen flat assed lie and you can say it with a straight face.
pathetic

is there any part of "the guberment" that you don't worship?
man you lefties can't seem to live your lives unless you have a friggen nanny.

There it is people. Conservatism reduced to its essence. If you want a government that works to keep your environment clean, that goes after polluters, then you're a gubmint worshipper.

like I said, can you not make a FREE choice to help keep your environment clean without someone telling you to do it or expecting a part of a guberment body forcing people in what to do?. good gawd, do you people ever think freely for yourselves.

I like how you call polluting the air other people breathe and the water other people drink "free thinking". Its so retarded its cute.

New controversy for Rand Paul | WHAS11.com | Politics, Election Results | WHAS11.com | News for Louisville, Kentucky

In the category of “it would be funny if it weren’t so tragic” comes this from Rand Paul. While calling for an increase in the Social Security retirement age, the abolishment of the Departments of Agriculture and Education, the elimination of farm subsidies, the elimination of earmarked funding for Kentucky infrastructure projects and cuts in almost every other government function, Paul opposes cuts in government payments to physicians – payments he relies on to make a living.

From the Wall Street Journal: “Physicians should be allowed to make a comfortable living,” he told a gathering of neighbors in the back yard of Chris and Linda Wakild, just behind the 10th hole of a golf course.

His ideas are just too extreme for the tea party folks who dont want their lives effected, he wants to make sure his prime income is not effected though.

that is just a friggen flat assed lie and you can say it with a straight face.
pathetic

:cuckoo: :cuckoo::cuckoo: Sorry baby, but the Democrats who voted against the bill were conservative Southern Democrats. Many, like Strom Thurmond would later switch to the Republican Party, or others, like George Wallace, would form their own party. Some, like Harry Byrd, would hang on to the party, to become virtually an endangered species as one of the last remaining conservative Democrats.

The Civil Rights Act is the main reason nearly all of the former Confederate states all switches from solid Democrat to solid Republican in the past several decades.

There it is people. Conservatism reduced to its essence. If you want a government that works to keep your environment clean, that goes after polluters, then you're a gubmint worshipper.

like I said, can you not make a FREE choice to help keep your environment clean without someone telling you to do it or expecting a part of a guberment body forcing people in what to do?. good gawd, do you people ever think freely for yourselves.

I like how you call polluting the air other people breathe and the water other people drink "free thinking". Its so retarded its cute.

LOL, oh I forget, it's you Liberals who care about the water, the earth, the air, the sun, hell I'm sure even the moon.

but the hell with them little babies that are "aborted" day in and day out.:lol:

LOL, oh I forget, it's you Liberals who care about the water, the earth, the air, the sun, hell I'm sure even the moon.

but the hell with them little babies that are "aborted" day in and day out.:lol:

Nice abortion card! You apparently think it excuses you from ever having to present an evidence based argument.

Nice abortion card! You apparently think it excuses you from ever having to present an evidence based argument.

LOL,
you mean like you do?:lol:

Dear idiot it was more than liberals who desided to make Abortions safe and legal.

deflection? strawman? red herring? WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE!!!

deflection? strawman? red herring? WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE!!!

choose any you wish.:lol:

Now that's a winning issue!

Actually, it may be.

The mostly but not all white middle classes are tired of being obligated to do things that may overlap with bad things.

Affirmative action: if a black dude shows up, AND IS ALSO INCOMPETENT, you can have huge legal problems for not hiring or firing him.

HUD: If a black family shows up, AND ALSO HAS PROBLEMS, you can have huge legal problems for not renting or selling to them.

Civil Rights act: you are now obligated to serve anyone in your business, and they can walk in and provoke you and then sue you if they are BOTH from a minority group, AND ALSO bad news as individuals.

Tolerance means not acting against others. It doesn't mean being forced to serve them or pretend to like them. "Freedom" and "Progress" may be opposites because of the way progress attempts to force its "enlightenment" upon us.

the abolishment of the Departments of Agriculture and Education, the elimination of farm subsidies, the elimination of earmarked funding for Kentucky infrastructure projects and cuts in almost every other government function, Paul opposes cuts in government payments to physicians – payments he relies on to make a living.
http://www.whas11.com/news/politics/New-controversy-for-Rand-Paul--93843284.html

Rand Pauls Ideas will not fly even with the tea party fools

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Excellent quote. That's why the Tea Party needs to be stopped. They want their country back? Who says it's "their" country? It's all of ours. They say they want to go back to the good old days, but "good old days" for whom? There are many for whom today is much better than those days. I don't believe in living in the past. I guess that makes me a progressive!

Forum List

Back