Remove ’Everybody Draw Muhammad Day’ from Facebook

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by murtaza, May 19, 2010.

1. murtaza

murtaza Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Forum ’Everybody Draw Muhammad Day’ on facebook is against moral values and mutual respect for all cultures. This forum contains graffiti including sexual images, defamatory slogans and images containing extreme gore depicting the Prophet of Islam. Despite over 20000 reports against this group as hate speech/racism, facebook has not removed this group during the past month.

Link to group: facebook.com/pages/Everybody-Draw-Mohammed-Day/121369914543425?ref=ts

it is also a breach of 3 different laws within the United States that restrict freedom of Speech w.r.t. rights of individuals regarding ethnicity, race and religion. Facebook qualifies for a lawsuit if it does not remove this group before the 20th of may 2010, by US law.

Details of the legal practicalities can be seen here:
    Link: zohaibhisam.com/?p=185

People from all religions and races should refrain from exercising free speech in defamatory hate statements, hate crimes and incitement to violence. Mutual respect for each others beliefs and sanctity of all religions should be kept intact on all social forums to ensure we bridge gaps between all men, instead of aggravating relations more. Genuine efforts towards removing such communities, be they against any religion, is our duty as responsible individuals. Ideas for better, responsible regulation of content over facebook and other social networks would be greatly appreciated.

2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Don't like it, don't read it. No one tells you what you can and can not say, show the same respect to others. Stop whining.

Take your 'regulation' and shove it where the sun don't shine. Fucking words and drawings can't hurt you.... idiot.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
  3. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    LMAO! Yet ANOTHER Muslim who cannot deal with free speech. Pussies.

4. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    americans believe in freedom of speech...regardless of who we are insulting.....christians, jews etc...
    get use to it...we wont abide what was done in holland to van gogh....do that here and we will rain hell down on you and yours.....

we are like that...its the fucking american way

we dont let ignorance kills our genius artists regardless of the art they do.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  5. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

6. Granny

Granny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,259
    I see where he's coming from, CaliGirl. I didn't take it as a rant or a whine. Christians and Jews get the same treatment on an on-going basis. There truly are some people, even on this board, who would give their eye teeth to completely obliterate any form of religion just because they don't believe or because it "insults their intelligence and treads on their civil right to not be exposed to it in any way, shape or form." Never mind the civil rights of those who do believe.

I don't know what it says on Facebook. I just don't go there very much at all.

7. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    i dont understand why anyone does facebook...bunch of lurkers and stalkers if you ask me....no one did of course but hey i got two cents here....that is about it too....

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Wow----I think you jsut described men and women. Lurkers and stalkers. They're every where, Bones, looking for a way to fit in without having to sell their souls. Scared.

9. martybegan

martybegan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,998
    I think we need to call this.

[​IMG]

10. geauxtohell

geauxtohell Choose your weapon.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    I personally wouldn't do something that was offensive to a person's religious beliefs (at least not intentionally) as I see it as a (albeit illogical) sacred cow that tends to bring otu the worst in people.

That being said, this is America and we have a right to be offensive and you don't have a right to not be offended. So....... No.

Yeah, good luck with that. Run it up the flagpole and see how far it gets you. Facebook isn't listening to your complaints and threats of litigation, because they know you've got nothing.

I don't disagree with this statement. However, when people choose not to follow this mandate, there is no legal obligation to force them too.