So Rand Paul is against the Civil Rights Act?

Anyone has a right to be a racist business owner in this country. However, I have a right as a non-racist customer to take my business elsewhere.

bert, You guys are changing the arguement from deciding who you can hire to who you will serve? Am I missing something, and if so, where did he mention anything about who you can serve? Maybe I missed it, but if so where? ~BH

so if a corporation hired only white people that would be okay with you?

it's my understanding, btw, that anti-discrimination laws only apply to businesses with 50 or more people. i might be wrong about that, but that's my recollection.

why wouldn't it be? we have a totally congressional black caucus that refuses to admit whites. we gonna be hypocrites or are we gonna do away with racism??

bert, You guys are changing the arguement from deciding who you can hire to who you will serve? Am I missing something, and if so, where did he mention anything about who you can serve? Maybe I missed it, but if so where? ~BH

it's my understanding, btw, that anti-discrimination laws only apply to businesses with 50 or more people. i might be wrong about that, but that's my recollection.

why wouldn't it be? we have a totally congressional black caucus that refuses to admit whites. we gonna be hypocrites or are we gonna do away with racism??

Oh but that's ok though bro. After all, Any created group that is not White isn't racist at all. What a bunch of fucking hypocritical low-life assholes. ~BH

you know, willow, sometimes it might help you to remember the adage that if you remain quiet people might think you're stupid, but if you open it, they know for sure.

poor willow.

you know, willow, sometimes it might help you to remember the adage that if you remain quiet people might think you're stupid, but if you open it, they know for sure.

poor willow.

your insult tossing is always a sure sign you don't have a logical answer to a logical question. Kerry on elite little conselor.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

In today's America, a company doesn't need a law dictating that. Not only would the average consumer most likely avoid doing business there, but the company would earn a horrible reputation and so would any other companies who do business with them.

It would be suicide.

you mean the market would decide on something??? didn't you know thats old fashioned and politicians should be deciding all that stuff for us dumb people?

Anyone has a right to be a racist business owner in this country. However, I have a right as a non-racist customer to take my business elsewhere.

depends on their reasons. if it was done purely out of racism I would boycott hte company as would enough other people to most likely put them out of business. thats how the free market and free people work.

In today's America, a company doesn't need a law dictating that. Not only would the average consumer most likely avoid doing business there, but the company would earn a horrible reputation and so would any other companies who do business with them.

It would be suicide.

ITs kind of like the entire state of Arizona.

depends on their reasons. if it was done purely out of racism I would boycott hte company as would enough other people to most likely put them out of business. thats how the free market and free people work.

That's what I was saying blu. I don't want to see anyone not get a job because of their race. That's fucked up. Maybe they have children to feed. The spin artist crap and bullshit word twisting is what prevents anything good from ever being accomplished. Wow, not a suprise though bro. ~BH

• Thanks
rachel madow just asked rand paul if woolworth's lunch counter should have been allowed to remain segregated.

he can't even answer her.

what gives the federal government power to decide who private businesses must serve? please explain that in a constitutionally sound manner

• Thanks
Hey, Take it easy on the kid. He's been civil to you. If you want to start some shit, do it with me bro. ~BH

eat shit and die you fucking nitwit

I hope you get a brain tumor and choke on your own puke yuh fucking maggot. Remember Private Ryan where they were fighting house to house? Remember when The German slowly sunk that knife into that guys chest as he begged "no, no, no wait, no"?

Do yuh worm? That's me on top of you looking into your eyes as you fade away from this world. Mother Fucker! ~BH

get a new doctor. your health is deteriorating.

Businesses are licensed. They are not private clubs. Businesses 'open to the public' should never be allowed be allowed to use prejudice of the sort you mention. I think there are state laws against such.
:eusa_whistle:

Oh I'm sure there are. I'm just saying it would be a good way for the racists to learn that hate is not a appealing business factor.

you give too much credit to racists.

Businesses that ask for permission to vend/sell/trade with the public are not private businesses in the same way a private club is.

:eusa_shhh:

First, let me say I do not think Rand Paul is a bigoted racist moron. Quite the contrary, I think he's a brilliant politician, an honorable leader, and a good man with good values that for the most part I can agree with. I understand the argument he's posing, I understand this coming from a logical perspective.

Rand Paul comes from an ideology in which he believes most issues involving private businesses can be best solved by the free market system without government or societal intervention. Which I largely as a principle agree with and can understand.

However I respectfully disagree. Simply because I don't view the "race issue" (businesses denying certain races patronage simple based on the color of their skin rather than any merit) as an economic problem. Yes it is true the market can handle itself when it comes to issues that are purely economic. However this is a SOCIETAL problem. A problem that was created by a series of historic events that require a social or societal solution.

Do I believe that the economic solution to racism ("if the businesses deny black costumers they won't have any business) will work? No. In matter of fact I think that's a silly proposition, simply because I've lived in Meridian, Mississippi. Are there plenty of white business owners that would love to take advantage of a repeal of the civil rights act? Sure are. Are there plenty of white costumers that will still patronize such businesses? Yes there are. Proof is it wasn't too long ago that MOST white-owned southern small businesses DID have "whites-only" signs on them.

In the scheme of things history has proven the race issue in America to be the BIG exception to the rule of free market capitalism. Simply because the race issue in America is so unique to this nation and is woven so deep into the fabric of this nation and has so many dimensions that it's far from being self-correcting even more than 50 years after the Civil Rights Act was passed. Not that this is even an issue, because even if Rand Paul does win, one vote can't overturn the Civil Rights Act. So this really doesn't phase me much. Just my opinion.

Very fair analysis, livin, but one thing: Rand isn't running on getting rid of the CRA.

Exactly. He was very fair and I thanked him for that.

Libertarians lose elections because in a 20 second soundbite culture they can be made to look silly. Rand Paul is in favor of limited government and he makes that very clear. He is certainly no racist in spite of the rabid dogs on the left who describe anyone who disagrees with them as racists, homophobes or worse.

This election cycle is going to be about one issue - saving our country from economic meltdown. Americans know that we cannot continue to add more social programs and pile on trillion dollar deficits without any ramifications. They are going to elect Rand Paul and others like him in droves. Say goodbye to Pelosi's speakership, say goodbye to Harry Reid permanently, and say goodbye to the leftist agenda of the Unicorn Rainbow King.

And that makes him wrong how?

His issue is that federal government shouldn't be involved in certain matters.

It makes him a complete fuck-up moron because he doesn't believe in equal employment opportunity.

Anything public funded he said he supports. He said Private business owners should be able to hire who they choose. It's called freedom of choice. Remember that one fuckO? ~BH

I wanna live in a nation where employment opportunity does not depend on race. You don't. That's the difference.

Forum List

Back