So Rand Paul is against the Civil Rights Act?

Now Rand Paul has put out this bold statement:

"I unequivocally state that I will not support any efforts to repeal the Civil Rights Act of 1964."

What I want to know is...up until now, has anyone of any importance other than him, made any attempts or was even talking about repealing it?

He is also another racist tea bagger.

here we go again....

I agree. How many examples do we need to finally just say it....tea baggers are racists. This guy is the son of the man who started the whole damn thing and he is considered a tea bag supporter and he is a bonafide racist.

You're an anti-American piece of shit and the proof is in your post arguing against Arizona's attempt at protecting the sovereignty of their state and of the US. And you are also a bigot and the proof of that is overwhelming.

Now where is your proof that tea party members are racist? And where is your proof that Rand Paul or his father are racist?

here we go again....

I agree. How many examples do we need to finally just say it....tea baggers are racists. This guy is the son of the man who started the whole damn thing and he is considered a tea bag supporter and he is a bonafide racist.

You're an anti-American piece of shit and the proof is in your post arguing against Arizona's attempt at protecting the sovereignty of their state and of the US. And you are also a bigot and the proof of that is overwhelming.

Now where is your proof that tea party members are racist? And where is your proof that Rand Paul or his father are racist?

I just served 20 years in the Navy. Sir I am not an Anti-American. Some people would say I am more Patriotic than the average citizen. I wouldn't say that, but I am for sure not Anti-American.

As far as Rand Paul...this man said he thinks businesses should be able to have signs that say "No blacks allowed". THAT MAKES HIM A RACIST! He is the tea baggers nominee, so that means he represents what that party is all about.

The baggers are racists.

Last edited:
He is also another racist tea bagger.

here we go again....

your the racist dipshit....and you know dam well what Elvis and i are speaking about....i believe we already covered this in a thread you started about guys like you.....

here we go again....

your the racist dipshit....and you know dam well what Elvis and i are speaking about....i believe we already covered this in a thread you started about guys like you.....

Listen, LBWM, I could care less about what you think of me....oh and to bring up Elvis really helps your point..You say the post I made that was so racist is gone, that is fine, but show me a pattern since I am so racist....you cant can you dumb ass. (You look just a little silly here Skippy).

now back to the point, Rand is a racist who says businesses should be able to have signs that say "no blacks allowed" and you think this is a good thing?

(and you call me a racist...) LDAMF

Last edited:
Now Rand Paul has put out this bold statement:

"I unequivocally state that I will not support any efforts to repeal the Civil Rights Act of 1964."

What I want to know is...up until now, has anyone of any importance other than him, made any attempts or was even talking about repealing it?

Paperview, he is a tea bagger. It explains everything.

Listen, LBWM, I could care less about what you think of me....oh and to bring up Elvis really helps your point..You say the post I made that was so racist is gone, that is fine, but show me a pattern since I am so racist....you cant can you dumb ass. (You look just a little silly here Skippy).

now back to the point, Rand is a racist who says businesses should be able to have signs that say "no blacks allowed" and you think this is a good thing?

Looks like only a few of you deduce that RP and perhaps his dad too are racists...

The rest of us in reality, whether they support Rand or not, will say NO, he is NOT.

I just served 20 years in the Navy. Sir I am not an Anti-American. Some people would say I am more Patriotic than the average citizen. I wouldn't say that, but I am for sure not Anti-American.

As far as Rand Paul...this man said he thinks businesses should be able to have signs that say "No blacks allowed". THAT MAKES HIM A RACIST! He is the tea baggers nominee, so that means he represents what that party is all about.

The baggers are racists.

how do you come up with such infantile thinking? What it actually makes him is a small gov conservative who doesn't want an unconstitutional mandate from the government telling private businesses how to act

The baggers are racists.

how do you come up with such infantile thinking? What it actually makes him is a small gov conservative who doesn't want an unconstitutional mandate from the government telling private businesses how to act
blu, we've been down this road with them a million times and they won't accept the reason why. They'll just keep saying "We'll be back to Alabama and Mississippi pre-1965" with no valid reasoning.

Like Jesus said, it's best not to cast pearls before swine.

Looks like only a few of you deduce that RP and perhaps his dad too are racists...

The rest of us in reality, whether they support Rand or not, will say NO, he is NOT.

Then why are the republicans running from him? :eusa_whistle:

The baggers are racists.

ough cough..........tea bagger ..............cough cough

Anyone who supports a business being able to have that sign is a racist. Anyone who says the civil rights law is wrong is a racist.

teabaggers are racists because they say Rand Paul is their guy. I started a really good thread about you recently. It shows you everything about you.....

Anyone who supports a business being able to have that sign is a racist. Anyone who says the civil rights law is wrong is a racist.
Now you sound like a 7-year-old who wants to get his way even though everyone's told you no already.

teabaggers are racists because they say Rand Paul is their guy. I started a really good thread about you recently. It shows you everything about you.....
Ah, ad hominem now. Really says lots about you...

cough.cough....rascist fuck.....cough.cough....

you also started a good thread about yourself recently.....and it showed what kind of lying basterd you are.....

So Rand Paul is against the Civil Rights Act?

From what I've read, no. Rand Paul said this to Rachel Maddow:

We still do have private clubs in America that can discriminate based on race.

I've seen this with my own eyes. There are several black clubs in Arkansas that discriminate based on race that never make the news. There are many 'black-owned and run' businesses that only hire blacks. It's truly amazing that this still happens.

"Comedian Bill Maher has launched a major attack on Kentucky senate candidate Rand Paul.

On his Friday night show "Real Time," Maher claimed that the Tea Party hero, who won his primary race, was a complete nut job.

"It's as if Sarah Palin somehow made it through medical school," he said.

Rand Paul is an eye surgeon.

Paul has made controversial statements this week on repealing the 1964 civil rights act and the rights of property owners not to sell to people of color.

After discussing Paul's views Maher stated, "the sh** doesn't fall far from the bat."

Bill Maher compares Rand Paul to Sarah Palin | Irish News | IrishCentral

:rofl:

First time poster, but have followed this story from media reports and commented on it from the political message board I normally post to, Debate Politics, which is down for upgrades currently. My wife found this site, so I decided to post here for the time being.

I get what Paul is saying, but I think he's wrong on three levels, two ofwhich are clearly covered in the Constitution:

1) Most businesses, although privately owned, do cater to the public, i.e., restaurants, gas stations, movie theators, grocery stores, etc. So, while he's attempting to generalize the issue by stating "private businesses" and "private ownership", the reality is the only way a business is considered to be private and, thus, wouldn't cater to public clientle is if they were private organizations, i.e., social clubs and places of that nature. Besides, as another poster pointed out every business, be it a sole proprietorship, partnership, or limited liability or corporation, must apply for a business license which unless specified as a private entity must serve the public. That rather nullifies this argument of "selective patrons" in a nutshell. Still...

2) Paul's concept of "freedom of choice" wouldn't work in the public sectors because of the 14th Amendment which covers citizenship AND equality for all U.S. citizens, and is further supported by Art. 4, Sect 2, clause 1 of the Constitution:

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

So, if one person who happens to be white is allowed to enter a store and receive goods and services, the same privileges should be afforded to a person who is black, Hispanic, Jewish (although not a race, such people have been discriminated against), Asian, etc.

3) This entire argument is proving to set race relations backwards, not forward. Claiming "state's rights or state soveriegnty" is merely a mask to hide bigotry and racial bias and honestly has nothing to do with a businessman's right to cater to anyone he/she sees fit within their establishment.

Surely, if a business owner doesn't want to hire or provide services to someone it is clearly within their right not to do so. Most every business has rules for hiring practises and codes of conduct that govern everything from dress code to service policies. So, if the business owner didn't want to serve Mr. Smelling Guy (as a poster to this thread eluded to as a reason not to hire someone), he doesn't have to. But, the right thing to do is to inform the patron or job applicant that your business does have a dress code and kindly inform the individual he doesn't meet standards.

So, why was the Civil Rights Act passed? It's very simple...

To stop such lunicy as what we're discussing right now, speaking on issues of individual liberty of business owners w/o taking in the full context of what such liberty would mean to those individuals who would be so grossly and adversely affected by such prejudicual actions of denied services based not on the conduct of one's character but rather the color of their skin. Don't be fooled, folks. Where this discussion is concerned, standing behind "state's rights", "state soveriegnty" and "freedom of choice" is nothing more than a smoke screen to racial biasness whether the speaker states such outright or not.

Forum List

Back