So Palin Doesn't Believe in Evolution...

Palin is not presidential because of her religious belief, but rather because she cannot critically think and is clearly not cognizant of her own biases.

It's okay, I suspected you would back away from your silly claim when called on it.

And I suspected you would claim victory if I didn't respond the way you wanted me to, so I guess we're even. :rofl:

chillpill2.jpg

I "claimed victory"? Not quite. I just asked you to comment on your own post.

I know, it's a monumental task.

Xanax? No thanks, I don't want to deplete your supply. I commented numerous times on my post and you still don't get it. That's what's so freakin' funny. :lol:

Way to utterly fail taxonomy, Mensa Boy.

1) We're not apes. We're humans. Completely different groups.

2) Did you know that the first definition in the dictionary under "ape" says "Monkey"?

Tsk, tsk. Stepped on your johnson again.

:lol:

You invoke taxonomy and yet you obviously know nothing about the taxonomic classifications of humans and apes.

Species - Homo Sapiens
Genus - Homo
Family - Hominidae
Order - Primates
Class - Mammalia
Phylum - Chordata
Kingdom - Animalia

The family Hominidae is the family of the great apes. Also part of this family are the gorilla, the orangutan, and the chimpanzee (and several now extinct species such as Neanderthals). Hominidae species do not have tails, unlike other primates such as most monkeys. Monkeys are not part of the family Hominidae. Instead, there are some 7 or 8 other families in which all species of monkeys are found.

Oh my God. That means Palin is as dumb as George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln. They didn't believe in evolution either.

It would have been hard for them to believe in a theory that hadn't been proposed yet.

Species was published in 1859. All of these men, with the exception of Lincoln were dead by then.

Lincoln had better things to do in the next five years of his life than debate the natural sciences I would suspect.

Damn you guys look stupid when you make this point.

My statement is factual. Evolution is not a fact. It is a theory.

Last edited:
George Washington refused to take communion, Thomas Jefferson was a deist, and A. Lincoln was not a Christian. None of them had much in common with Palin other than walking around on two legs.

Yeah, they purport to explain phenomenon. There's a reason we don't have the Theory of Round Earth.

That's a very simplistic description, but I suppose accurate enough for the point it appears you're making, regarding the round Earth bit. You know what theories we do have? We have a theory of relativity, which has been proven accurate time and again. We have mathematical theory. We have an atomic theory, and we of course know that atoms exist.

What dictionary are you using? It needs to be tossed. Monkeys and apes are two different groups. Apes-tailless; monkeys-tailed!

Merriam-Webster. What dictionary did YOU use? Are you really going to tell us now that Merriam-Webster, the best-known and most commonly used dictionary in America, is a bad source for word definitions? :eusa_angel:

ape - 1 a : monkey; especially : one of the larger tailless or short-tailed Old World forms b : any of two families (Pongidae and Hylobatidae) of large tailless semierect primates (as the chimpanzee, gorilla, orangutan, or gibbon) —called also anthropoid, anthropoid ape

That dictionary is wrong, and if you had a brain, you'd have known it.

'monkey' is only a down the line 3rd or 4th loose definition of ape.

Taxonomic (you mean cladistics really) definitions are currently in flux as DNA techniques are showing the old Linnaean binomial system (good in its day) has very serious short comings. Terms such as species, genus, family etc are becoming more and more meaningless (hence the proliferation of such terms as infra-order, sub-phylum, sub-family, super-family and tribe). The new 'tribe' classification apparently seperates humans and chimps from gorillas.

This development is in itself a point in favour of evolution as it show the difference between 'species' exists in shades of grey.

E.g. Camels and Llamas can produce ofspring. They are of the same 'family'. By that definition humans would be able to mate with chimps, gorillas and even the more distantly related 'pongo' (orang-utan)!

Last edited:
That's nice, but it doesn't change the fact that they didn't believe in evolution.

What a weak argument! :lol: Of course they didn't believe in it, the concept was not around back then. Bet they didn't believe in quantum mechanics either. Nobody did back then because the concepts had not yet been articulated before.

That's nice, but it doesn't change the fact that they didn't believe in evolution.

What a weak argument! :lol: Of course they didn't believe in it, the concept was not around back then. Bet they didn't believe in quantum mechanics either. Nobody did back then because the concepts had not yet been articulated before.

My statement is a fact. Evolution is a theory, not a scientific fact. I could care not care any less that your opinion thinks that is a "weak argument".

Anyway, does anybody actually believe politicians' pronouncements about evolution, creationism and belief or not in god? They say whatever the pollsters say they should.

I reckon Palin is really a hard core atheist who reads Richard Dawkins with a torch under her bedsheets at night after her PR crew have told her to go to bed.

Gov. Palin doesn't believe in evolution and, like Bush, is a Christian. I know the left will cry that her beliefs is a threat to liberty and the separation of church and state but look at the first amendment and it starts out with "Congress shall pass no law...". This specifically refers to the actions that the congress can't do and that is pass a law respecting the establishment of a religion or....(you know the rest).

Her expressing her religious beliefs is not passing a law that would bind anyone into obedience to her faith which frees anyone to have disagreeing beliefs. However, the left seems not to realize this and thinks that the personality of the president somehow influences the citizen in such a way that has almost as much power as legal law which is why they decry "separation of church and state" over the idea that a president can have or even express religious beliefs that they themselves may not want to embrace.

Does this not say something about the mentality of our political thinking where the will and personality of the leader becomes as powerful as any law that is passed?
As someone who is currently enrolled in a Baptist Seminary (part time), believing in "creationism" is no more proof of being a Christian, than someone who believed Church dogma that the earth was the center of the universe 500 years ago!

If one believes in a God inspired universe, why should the mechanics (creationism versus evolution) employed and the subsequent timelines (7 days versus 4 billion years) be considered "make-or-break" issues.

Has the Christian Church learned nothing from having gone down a similar "road" centuries ago, where its own flawed interpretion of Scripture had Galileo excommunicated and under arrest?

Am I assuming too much that avowed "creationists" like Palin, Bush and "ihopehefails" have finally come to the realization that Galileo, and not the Church, was correct - the earth is not the center of the universe?

The real question that should concern Christians is not the "HOW," but "WHY" are we here - what purpose do we serve in God's plan?

Last edited:
Anyway, does anybody actually believe politicians' pronouncements about evolution, creationism and belief or not in god? They say whatever the pollsters say they should.

I reckon Palin is really a hard core atheist who reads Richard Dawkins with a torch under her bedsheets at night after her PR crew have told her to go to bed.
I reckon it's kinda like Barack Obama who reads the Koran (and Playgirl) with a torch under his bedsheet at night after Michelle tells him to go to bed.

I reckon it's kinda like Barack Obama who reads the Koran (and Playgirl) with a torch under his bedsheet at night after Michelle tells him to go to bed.

guys... really? :scared1:

Way to utterly fail taxonomy, Mensa Boy.

1) We're not apes. We're humans. Completely different groups.

2) Did you know that the first definition in the dictionary under "ape" says "Monkey"?

Tsk, tsk. Stepped on your johnson again.

:lol:

You invoke taxonomy and yet you obviously know nothing about the taxonomic classifications of humans and apes.

Species - Homo Sapiens
Genus - Homo
Family - Hominidae
Order - Primates
Class - Mammalia
Phylum - Chordata
Kingdom - Animalia

The family Hominidae is the family of the great apes. Also part of this family are the gorilla, the orangutan, and the chimpanzee (and several now extinct species such as Neanderthals). Hominidae species do not have tails, unlike other primates such as most monkeys. Monkeys are not part of the family Hominidae. Instead, there are some 7 or 8 other families in which all species of monkeys are found.

I didn't invoke taxonomy concerning the word "monkey", fucktard. I invoked the dictionary for that. Taxonomy came up when you erroneously claimed that humans are apes, something that I notice you mysteriously have forgotten all about.

Yeah, they purport to explain phenomenon. There's a reason we don't have the Theory of Round Earth.

That's a very simplistic description, but I suppose accurate enough for the point it appears you're making, regarding the round Earth bit. You know what theories we do have? We have a theory of relativity, which has been proven accurate time and again. We have mathematical theory. We have an atomic theory, and we of course know that atoms exist.

I think that would be the problem. While the theory of relativity has been subsequently supported many times, the theory of evolution hasn't. Every time a proponent of evolution is asked for proof, they respond with what amounts to a giant smokescreen. No one has to do that concerning relativity.

I don't much care if evolution is true or not, but I absolutely refuse to be told I HAVE to believe in something that can't compel that belief on its own.

My statement is a fact. Evolution is a theory, not a scientific fact. I could care not care any less that your opinion thinks that is a "weak argument".

Your statement said nothing about evolution being a theory. Your statement was that certain historic figures did not believe in evolution. That is a weak argument, because the concept of evolution was not yet known to man when those people lived. None of them believed in automobiles either you know.

Now, since you've brought up the "theory" issue, I ask you, do you even know what a scientific "theory" is?

I didn't invoke taxonomy concerning the word "monkey", fucktard. I invoked the dictionary for that. Taxonomy came up when you erroneously claimed that humans are apes, something that I notice you mysteriously have forgotten all about.

I haven't "forgotten" anything. I explained the taxonomy of homo sapiens. That we ARE apes. It seems to be you who has forgotten (ignored) the fact. Humans belong to the Hominidae family, which is the family of great apes. You can fall me a fucktard all you like, but your ad hominems do nothing to excuse the fact that you're are wrong and are unable to confront the issue on the evidence.

Valid point Kaz.. the left is constantly imposing their beliefs on us under the notion that it is for the common good. IF you speak out it inevitably turns into...

What idiot wouldn't support _________________________? You fill in the blank.

Now I know this statement will anger you as you believe your ideology is perfect, but the right also impose their beliefs on the ground that it is for the common good, thus the term ideology.

plural ide·ol·o·gies
Definition of IDEOLOGY
1: visionary theorizing
2a : a systematic body of concepts especially about human life or culture b : a manner or the content of thinking characteristic of an individual, group, or culture c : the integrated assertions, theories and aims that constitute a sociopolitical program

Ideology - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Forum List

Back